Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upcoming ebad fees

Default Re: upcoming ebad fees

Yep, they will moan, threaten to leave, get a few sales on eBay and pay the higher fees and then forget about it until the next increase when they will repeat it all again.

Where eBid may benefit is the few who find that their slim profit margins become non existent, and from sales where those on eBay increase prices in order to keep trading profitably. They might only be small nails in the eBay monster but it could be death by a thousand cuts.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I arrived here because of just such a change. I haven't abandoned the other place completely but here is where the bulk of my listings appear and the bulk of my sales are made.

Each time there is a change, a few more people arrive here. If that results in more items here, then buyers will be more likely to find what they want when they search. Buyers like finding what they want so such searchers are more likely to return.

It has changed here - When I arrived, I sold when I listed on YDC. Now, I make daily sales and I'm nothing like the biggest seller here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am in no way surprised. Ebay are sadly of the belief that they are "more cleverer" than the average person, so they try to cloak the increases in "newspeak" and terribly "jolly" lingo, its all rather patronising and I don't see why they try to justify their action by comparing their costs to Amazon charges. It is all rather like they are children in a school playground; "our prices are still better than Amazon" they whine to nobody in particular and as if that makes it all better, ah bless..

I cannot see how they can get away with this as they charge fees on p and p already. How do they justify what they do? They must have some sort of think tank where they ask how can we rip off people some more. Years ago it was a great site to buy on not now.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always find the squeals of woe at the latest eBay shenanigans amusing.

I know that if I stick my wang into a hornet's nest I can expect to get stung. If you sell on eBay you should expect the same.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

As long items is listed with auction feature which I look to bid and probably won I don’t worry much for all around same items with BIN price, because most of time Amazon selling price for the same item is higher and from private sellers usually I see only ‘’stock picture’’ and that mean I am not sure what I will receive if I buy from private sellers….
    I don’t like to be bored with returning of item or receiving wrong or this or that….
    On other places ‘’usually’’ these items from which I look don’t exist or exist with very higher prices…..

That’s my answer like BUYER…..

P.S. I usually spending minimum $100…..$200….300…per month buying online every month and I already state what I look for to buy, but after all I see still keep coming…stamps…coins…post cards and so on items….

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Its the same every year. Ebay increase costs, people complain, nothing gets done it all dies down over the next couple of months and nothing else happens until the next year......and repeat..
    Of course it does. eBay are not bothered about people complaining - just the income. They probably orchestrate the complaints - while people are complaining they are not taking any action.

Even if enough people were to take action to impact eBay's profits, they would just dangle a carrot and the suckers would come crawling back for another whipping.

If you sell on eBay then don't moan about it. If you don't like it then don't sell there.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would not surprise me to find the biggest group of sellers on the Bay are actual the occasional sellers. The people that place an item on there just a few times a year. They don't worry about the cost as long as they make a few quid and they never read, hear or even care about the fee increases.

I also suspect for every seller that leaves, another new person who has never tried selling joins. The new people have no idea of the old fees so just accept the new fees as being normal.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If you sell on eBay then don't moan about it. If you don't like it then don't sell there.
    I so agree!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

No matter what type of sellers remain on eBay, there is only one way that the majority will move anywhere else, the ability to sell their items. That is what eBid needs to improve on. It is getting better, my own sell through rate is increasing year on year and I am sure the same is true for others. But it still needs to rise more, and when it does the message needs to get across to the eBay moaners that there is a viable alternative with low fees AND strong sales. Until that happens most of them will just bend over every year and take whatever eBay dishes up.

Thread Information