eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upcoming ebad fees

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11880)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: upcoming ebad fees

Agree eBid should push itself out to the market place a lot more - not just at this time, but all the time - only way to get customers here.

Positive on this change is perhaps some of the sellers will make their Postage and other Charges more reasonable - but that's their problem isn't it?

Worth noting that I have stuff over there selling far better than on here, so it's not all bad as far as I am concerned.

- ebay sales this week=£103+ compared to eBid sales this week=£38+

BUT - for obvious reasons I want to be on here - I am in it to win it - it will come to those who wait - I'm happy (honest!)

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Eb*y kept bugging me to take their online survey after a recent buyer complaint against me. After ignoring the first few emails, I decided to take the survey.

the case was about a buyer who wont an item from me, didn't pay for 5 weeks. When ebay opened a case for him, he paid. I sent his item to him, after 5 DAYS from his payment date, he opened a case asking for a refund.
    I have tracking info but it does not track the item all the way to his home in Vietnam. So now ebay refunded his payment, and I am out of pocket for the item and postage.

I also posted this on their forums, and now it seems I have been restricted from using their forums.

I watch ebay's stock price everyday hoping it will go down and down..........

Angry Re: upcoming ebad fees

I have been mulling this latest fiasco of Feebays in my head. I can up to a point see fvf for the item but not for postage and packing. You use the site you pay for doing so but where does p and p come into this. If a person does not live near and they buy from you then you have to get the item to them somehow. Feebay may have facilities for you to print labels so? I wonder if it would be worth asking an opinion of Trading standards because I cannot see what they are doing to get fvf for p and p. Yes it is their site but I wonder if what they are doing is lawful. If it is not looked into then possibly after a period of time it would not matter. Can somebody who is more cleverer than me please give an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by anngypsygirl View Post
    I have been mulling this latest fiasco of Feebays in my head. I can up to a point see fvf for the item but not for postage and packing. You use the site you pay for doing so but where does p and p come into this. If a person does not live near and they buy from you then you have to get the item to them somehow. Feebay may have facilities for you to print labels so? I wonder if it would be worth asking an opinion of Trading standards because I cannot see what they are doing to get fvf for p and p. Yes it is their site but I wonder if what they are doing is lawful. If it is not looked into then possibly after a period of time it would not matter. Can somebody who is more cleverer than me please give an opinion?
    If it is in their terms and conditions then it will probably be legal. By joining the site and accepting new T & C's you are agreeing to them. You have two choices in the matter, pay up and use eBay or tell them to stick their T & C's where the sun don't shine. The majority will pay.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anngypsygirl View Post
    The reason the bay is doing this is, they say, is to stop the sellers who try to avoid fvf by using a low selling price and high postage charge. So once again honest sellers are being punished because of sellers using unfair tactics.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    The reason the bay is doing this is, they say, is to stop the sellers who try to avoid fvf by using a low selling price and high postage charge. So once again honest sellers are being punished because of sellers using unfair tactics.
    It is reassuring that ebay have acted out of a desire to stop people defrauding the ebay system by avoiding paying fvf's with a new policy that helps fill their ever depening pockets in a much more even and fair manner...
    I feel so much better knowing that they are out there looking after everyone..

I think I have already answered this once but some thoughts went through my mind that if feebay have not paid their taxes maybe
    this is why they are putting fvf on postal charges. So that the public at large can pay them for them. One thing I did wonder was
    whether the owners of this site could approach businesses and see whether they would use this site. I wonder if the big businesses
    are going to have to pay fvf on their postal services if they use fleecebay.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I think that is a disgrace.

It will effect every seller, not just business sellers

Will private sellers need to pay fees on postage and packaging?

Yes, this change will affect all sellers on eBay.co.uk.

Why should sellers pay another fee for the P&P amount, sellers already pay a fee on P&P via paypal.

I think this change will really annoy a lot of sellers and be the last straw for quite a few too.
    Why would it make any difference if it affect private seller, business sellers or both? Frankly, I'd be upset if it didn't affect all sellers equally.

Of course, in the US this has been the policy for some time on the bay. Is it only now reaching the UK?

Why are we concerned about what's going on over at the bay here on eBid anyway?

Forum Newbie
    Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View QueenTabbyCat's Feedback (+4)
    All-About QueenTabbyCat
    View QueenTabbyCat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Because of EBay's bad decision....I am now moving over.

If you have time take at look at their discussion boards....they are full of moans about it....and not one member of the Ebay team has bothered to respond. They are trying to get rid of the small sellers and concentrate on companies....problem is that is not what a lot of people want...they want to look for the unusual stuff that they cant get in shops - the homemade stuff like jewellery etc etc.

I am moving over from Ebay and good riddance to them.....I hope they suffer because of their ridiculous decision.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

And another update from 'Buyer Protection' (how to rip off a seller guide)

When an item isn’t returned to the seller
    In some cases, we may not require that the item is returned to the seller, for example, if the item location was misrepresented or if it’s hazardous to post the item back or if the seller does not fulfil their returns policy terms.

I got burned by this a little while ago in an Item not as described dispute; though ebay found I was not at fault in any way, the item was not returned and a full refund was issued.

I took down many of my listings here due to Royal Mail hike.
    I am now in the process of readjustment and will be listing more bulkier items that will be shipped via my hermes, require a signature and still be a lot cheaper than RM.

Keep listing is all we can do.

Onward's and upwards (again!)

Thread Information