My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Google inclusion

Default Google inclusion

Perhaps someone could be kind enough to help out a newbie on here?

Im slowly getting to grips with how things work, but am still a little confused on the linking to Google idea.

Most of my items are one off vintage type items that do not really have a identifying name so I trawled through the Q&A and came across the following:

``D) Custom Made, One of a Kind, Vintage, Collectable, Comics with 17 digit UPC codes
    Add the text EXEMPT (does not have to be uppercase) as your barcode.

Google uses your eBid Store Name at Google Products. If you don't have an eBid Store Name your eBid Username will be used.
    Please ensure your Store Name/Username complies with Googles guidelines. Some guidelines are outlined below:

Enter the name of your store without any additional text. You do not need to include "Inc.," "Co.," "GmbH," etc.``

Now.....as I understand it this means I enter `exempt` in the barcode box and then enter a description of the item in the next box (for example ``vintage lamp`` or whatever)???......is that correct?

The bit im not too sure on is the last bit about entering store names......where do I enter the store?......should that be in the section that I just mentioned I`ve been putting the description??

Hopefully that makes sense and someone can help me.

Much appreciated.

Default Re: Google inclusion

Welcome to eBid!

I thought you only need EXEMPT and nothing in the brand box.

Once your items are in the store, it will feed to Google.

Name:  screen shot listing store.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  70.1 KB

Ah, ok...maybe its not showing up as I HAVE entered something in the product box

Im still a bit confused over what it means by ``Enter the name of your store without any additional text. You do not need to include "Inc.," "Co.," "GmbH," etc.``

Is that just a confusing way of saying `select what stor you wish to enter the listing in``......i.e as you would anyway?

Thanks for the swift reply.

Could be ... I'm not really sure. Just know that if you have set up a store ... the item is in the store & it has identifier info or exempt, buy it now price and at least 3 days left to run it is uploaded to Google shopping.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highviewgt2012 View Post
    Ah, ok...maybe its not showing up as I HAVE entered something in the product box

Im still a bit confused over what it means by ``Enter the name of your store without any additional text. You do not need to include "Inc.," "Co.," "GmbH," etc.``

Is that just a confusing way of saying `select what stor you wish to enter the listing in``......i.e as you would anyway?

Thanks for the swift reply.
    I think what it is trying to say is that Google uses your store name (if the item is in a store) and Google does not like to see suffixes like the examples given. Therefore the name you give your stores when you create them should not have such suffixes - in order to avoid problems with Google.

Example: I can name my store Astral Bits, but shouldn't name it Astral Bits Ltd.

Excellent, many thanks both of you.....that's that one cleared up.

Now I`ve just got to trawl through and alter the box to show `exempt`......think I might leave that until later when it cools down and I can justify a beer or two!

Any information you have, use it. So if you have a brand, add it, a barcode, add it, MPN, add it. You only need EXEMPT if you do not have a barcode number, but if you have the brand use EXEMPT and brand.

Google are trying to get sellers to add as much information as they can, it might not make a difference now (but it might), but later they might tighten things up more. so better to get as much done when you first list or modify a listing.

Still at a bit of a loss with it to be honest.....It seems some of my items are showing up on Google shopping but not all of them.

Most confusing of all is I have similar products, listed similarly but one shows up and the other does not (they are in the same store and category etc)

For example:

King of the Road Vintage headlamp - Fine, shows up a treat
    King of the Road 722 Motor Lamp - No sign of it on google shopping anywhere?

Seems some of my mags do and some don't etc etc

Need a break for a few hours as it is driving me a bit loopy

Thread Information