eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting an item on Ebid and Ebay?

Forum Newbie
    View Aelanna's Feedback (+97)
    All-About Aelanna
    View Aelanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Posting an item on Ebid and Ebay?

I have a couple of items that I would like to put up for sale on both Ebay AND Ebid. Is this possible? What happens if the item sells on one site while there are bids on the other site? Do I have to pick and only list it on one or the other? I want to sell these as auction items with a Buy It Now option and a reserve price. Any help would be appreciated. I am new to Ebid, but have been an Ebay user for over a decade. I am just tired of their ridiculous fees.

Default Re: Posting an item on Ebid and Ebay?

Nothing stopping you list on both sites.

Warning from me would be to keep an extra close eye on your auctions and as soon as an item gets a bid on 1 site, remove it from the other.

It's always a risk, just in case it sells on both sites at the same time (or when you are sleeping)

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally I would find it difficult to post one item on more than one site, especially if it was going to be several items.
    How would you keep track? What happens if there is one bid on one site and one bid on the other site at the same time? You are going to upset at least one buyer - not a good position to be in.

Of course if you have duplicate items there would be nothing stopping you listing on more than one site.

You can sell an item on eBid as an auction item and as a Buy It Now and even Make Me an Offer all at the same time.

Nothing to stop you listing on both sites. but I would use BIN on both and keep a keen eye on them so that if it sells on one you can remove it from the other. If you have more than one of the item then no problems at all, once again just keep an eye on them and try not to list more than you have, just alter the quantities to suit where they are selling.

If you do list on both I would list around 5% cheaper on eBid. That way you should help your sales here and you will still make a higher profit than if you sold at the higher price on eBay.

It is against Ebay's rules to list your items anywhere else.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    It is against Ebay's rules to list your items anywhere else.
    Your property, to do with what you want.

Feebay may make a rule, but can not force it on you. you only pay them for a platform to list your item, you do not sign over the rights to said item.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Nothing to stop you listing on both sites. but I would use BIN on both and keep a keen eye on them so that if it sells on one you can remove it from the other. If you have more than one of the item then no problems at all, once again just keep an eye on them and try not to list more than you have, just alter the quantities to suit where they are selling.

If you do list on both I would list around 5% cheaper on eBid. That way you should help your sales here and you will still make a higher profit than if you sold at the higher price on eBay.
    Ditto Kreative. Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

When you sign up to ebay, you agree to abide by the rules-if u are reported or found to be breaking them, they can close your account for good.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    When you sign up to ebay, you agree to abide by the rules-if u are reported or found to be breaking them, they can close your account for good.
    The rules or contract that you sign up for on the bay are unfair and as such are not enforcable, unfair contracts are illegal in the UK, if they close your account due to the unfair contract, you are within your rights to fight them in the courts.

Of course they are banking on the fact that nobody will, except the big multichain stores who would if they tried to enfoce the rules on them, the lawyers would have a field day.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Oh,I don't disagree with you and you are right that only the large sellers would really have the inclination or means to kick up a fuss...however the OP is a private seller and it is probably more beneficial to her to abide by their rules if she wants to continue selling there as well as here. Of course she can take the risk and list on both, but she now has all the info/opinions to make an informed decision :-)

Thread Information