Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Posting Free Shipping On Products That Arent Free Shipping

Default Google Posting Free Shipping On Products That Arent Free Shipping

We're new to EBid and just had to first off say we love it. Glad to see they worked all the bugs out of Ninja Lister, it now works great!

Reason why we are here, is that many of you are possiblity already aware of Google posting "free shipping" on all the feeds in Google Shopping. Its been a problem for weeks now with no solution initaited by Google. We posted some items yesterday, they were displayed 90% of them fine. Today every single post has free shipping, when we dont have free shipping for any of our listings.

After looking around it seems Google is doing this for a majority of marketplace stores. There are no posts in Google Forums and nothing searchable online that addresses this issue. Its obvious it has nothing to do with markepetplaces or eBid submiting the wrong feeds, it seems Google is doing. The ones that arent effected, so far are Eba*, Ercra*, and Bonan*. We didnt place the full names of the other marketplaces out of respect for eBid.

Default Re: Google Posting Free Shipping On Products That Arent Free Shipping

Seems like every one is pushing for free shipping not just the bay

But if Google is saying shipping is free when it isn't, it's going to create a whole new problem.

It does not seem to be consistent and depends on how the search is done. A couple of my items are showing as free shipping, but most are showing the shipping costs.

This will cause Google Products to lose consumer confidence, so I suspect they'll fix it fairly quickly. When I go to the actual listings, the shipping charge is (of course) displayed.

It shouldn't affect the sellers, except that there may be more views that don't result in sales and perhaps more NPB. The seller is not obligated to offer free shipping because of Google's error.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Google Shopping seems to be a bag of nails nowadays. For example, if I search on Editions Polar Fleece my item is returned, search on Polar Fleece and it isn't.

Search on Polar Fleece and it initially says there are 23,500 results, but there are only (in the view I was using) 8 pages of results with ten items on each page - 80 items, yet the top of page 8 now says there are 150 results. Where have the other 70 gone? Come to that...where have the other 23,420 items gone?

You would normally expect a paid for service to be better than a free one; it seems Google Shopping is an exception.

First to address Mr HaleyCosmetic's quote. The problem with offering free shipping is especially when its a place like eBay that takes 17% of the final price. If your offering free shipping on a $20 item, your better off doing $10 & $10. The total price your getting is $20 for that product and its your responsibility to ship it to the customer. You can charge $10 and it could cost you $5. You have to add in fuel charges, residential fees, pickup fees, your time, your gas, packing materials and the cost of the machine your using to print labels.

So going back to the $20 example, with a $20 free shipping, your folking over $3.40 to eBay for nothing. By doing $10 + $10 your only paying $1.70, because eBay can only touch the $10 product price. You loose more money and make FeeBay richer by doing free shipping. Buyers know that its still taking $20 out of their pockets nonetheless.

Going back to the Free Shipping On Google, Its effectiving every single marketplace. Remember, your paying Google for every single click that comes into your store. Buyers are lured into your site because Google is telling them you have free shipping. They come in and see your not offering free shipping and then leave thinking that it was you that falsified the advertisement. Regardless of whether buys something from you, your still being charged for it. The buyer thinks your trying to scam them when in reality its Google that hasnt fixed this problem. This problem has been going around for mid July and nothing has been done about it.

Yesterday my products, most of them, were showing the correct shipping totals, today they are all reading free shipping. Everyone on here that uses shipping prices on products can rest assure of losing sales because of problem Google hasnt fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by microniccomputers View Post
    First to address Mr HaleyCosmetic's quote. The problem with offering free shipping is especially when its a place like eBay that takes 17% of the final price. If your offering free shipping on a $20 item, your better off doing $10 & $10. The total price your getting is $20 for that product and its your responsibility to ship it to the customer. You can charge $10 and it could cost you $5. You have to add in fuel charges, residential fees, pickup fees, your time, your gas, packing materials and the cost of the machine your using to print labels.

So going back to the $20 example, with a $20 free shipping, your folking over $3.40 to eBay for nothing. By doing $10 + $10 your only paying $1.70, because eBay can only touch the $10 product price. You loose more money and make FeeBay richer by doing free shipping. Buyers know that its still taking $20 out of their pockets nonetheless.
    Since the bay now charges fvf on postage, as well as product price, the % paid is on $20.00 no matter how you split it. The benefit of offering free shipping there is the total will count towards top rated seller amounts. Using your $10 +$10 example only $10 will count towards the transaction totals.

Quote Originally Posted by microniccomputers View Post

Going back to the Free Shipping On Google, Its effectiving every single marketplace. Remember, your paying Google for every single click that comes into your store. Buyers are lured into your site because Google is telling them you have free shipping. They come in and see your not offering free shipping and then leave thinking that it was you that falsified the advertisement. Regardless of whether buys something from you, your still being charged for it. The buyer thinks your trying to scam them when in reality its Google that hasnt fixed this problem. This problem has been going around for mid July and nothing has been done about it.

Yesterday my products, most of them, were showing the correct shipping totals, today they are all reading free shipping. Everyone on here that uses shipping prices on products can rest assure of losing sales because of problem Google hasnt fixed yet.
    1st its HaleysComics
    2nd I don't know where you are getting your fvf% for ebay but depending on the category my fvf are at the min 4% & the max is 9% of the total sale.
    3rd eBay has been charging fvf on shipping for 1 year now in the U.S

As far as google we do not pay anything for the clicks, eBid pays those fees.

I just checked about six pages of my listings on Google Products. They all show the correct shipping amount.

BTW, I'm sure we all got the heads up NOT to click on our own listings there. Every time we do eBid gets charged. Only a bit, but it could add up fast if a lot of us did it. Just looking at the pages doesn't cause any problem.

Thread Information