eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

Default Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

I just purchased a lifetime free membership to sell on Ebid. Come to find out, that it is not really free.. According to their chart, Thumbnail Photos are included in the listing, but when I posted my first listing, there was no photo.. When I edited the listing, I found that in order to have a thumbnail photo I had to pay an additional fee. I feel this is very deceptive and not right. Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

It should be free. As a Seller+ you get 5 photos free. When you edited did you try adding the image in Section 1 or section 4? If you used Section 4 that may charge you as an extra image.

On another note I had a quick look at your listings. A few things I would recommend:

Add something in your About Me section.

Add a store, you get 5 free so use them, and it is easier to do with just a few listings and then just drop new listings in as you add them.

Your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold). These stay ay the bottom of the eBid pages so are less visible. Most successful sellers, apart from some with thousands of listings use a 7-10 day listing with 10 Auto Reposts. That moves your listings to the top of the pages.

And finally as you get 81 characters for the title use them to get as many keywords as you can in. So your listing "Monster High Draculaura Jewelry Box Coffin with DOLL!!" you could add the Bed and complete Set you have in the description to make it "Monster High Draculaura Jewelry Box Coffin Bed with DOLL - Complete Set!!"

All the best on your eBid adventure, hope you are successful.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamiabargains View Post
    I just purchased a lifetime free membership to sell on Ebid. Come to find out, that it is not really free.. According to their chart, Thumbnail Photos are included in the listing, but when I posted my first listing, there was no photo.. When I edited the listing, I found that in order to have a thumbnail photo I had to pay an additional fee. I feel this is very deceptive and not right. Am I doing something wrong?
    eBid is not deceptive at all. When you list an item, it shows you the fees should you wish to use extra options.

eBid do offer free auctions if you opt for the FREE style listing style but you do not get a thumbnail viewable on your list page.

Opting for the Gallery style listing will get you a thumbnail in the viewable list page of which you pay 2% FVF when the items sells and not before.

Other small fees would be any extras you use ie bold, subtitle, highlighting, etc

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a way to list totally free; but with no pic included.

Most buyers prefer a thumbnail pic. I have some free listings with no pics, but not by choice or preference.

There is no cost at all unless the item sells, if you have thumbnail. The cost of 2% is more than fair as a fvf.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

When making up your listings click gallery photo, this will give you 5 free photo's plus thumbnail but you will have to pay a 2% FVF.

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

eBid is not deceptive at all. When you list an item, it shows you the fees should you wish to use extra options.

eBid do offer free auctions if you opt for the FREE style listing style but you do not get a thumbnail viewable on your list page.
    Agree, it is not 'deceptive'. But as the number of similar posts to the OP's would appear to testify, it IS misleading.

Newbies are advised to use a gallery picture to attract sales and it would, therefore, seem pointless to list without one.

IMHO, the joining blurb should state 'Free for BASIC listings...'

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamiabargains View Post
    Not deceptive at all, fees are clearly listed on the fees chart which can be found here http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#1
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#2

Also you only pay a 2% fvf for gallery auctions (the ones with a thumbnail) WHEN/IF the item sells. This fee is not an upfront fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Agree, it is not 'deceptive'. But as the number of similar posts to the OP's would appear to testify, it IS misleading.

Newbies are advised to use a gallery picture to attract sales and it would, therefore, seem pointless to list without one.

IMHO, the joining blurb should state 'Free for BASIC listings...'
    I wouldn't say it's deceptive either, just people need to find out what is included in the free option, and then make a decision before signing up.

Well, a person can join for free. And the upgrades are a bargain.

An upgrade to Seller+ ... this is an excellent selling platform and all for only a 2% FVF if a person uses a thumbnail picture.

But, for this old gal, I did find the various seller options to be confusing and still really don't know what each offers as I have forgotten what I did learn.

My point, precisely. To those who say it is 'easy' - everything is once you know how. At least make the upgrade period longer for due consideration.

Thread Information