eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Paintball/Airsoft

Forum Newbie
    All-About Rjays
    View Rjays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Paintball/Airsoft

Hi,

I don't know if this'd be the right section to ask, but is it ok to sell UK compliant Airsoft guns (I.e. 51% painted VCRA compliant colour) and paintball markers on here?

For instance, a BT-4 Combat Paintball Marker

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rjays; 19th August 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    RJ' Emporium, something for everyone!

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...le=rj-emporium

Default Re: Paintball/Airsoft

Hi, and welcome to eBid.

in general, weapons and related items are not permitted on eBid even if they are legal in one or more countries that eBid operates in.

You can try asking eBid Support directly if you want a definitive answer ( HELP - top right of page - then CONTACT US TAB) but they may just refer you to the banned items list part of which I have quoted below.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29

eBid reserves the right to judge whether the content is appropriate. Please read the list below to familiarise yourself with prohibited auction listings/items
    • Items and services that infringe on another party's copyright, patent, license, trademark or other proprietary right.
    • Any item that is illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation. Items to which a false or illegal description is applied.
    • Novelty or replica banknotes.
    • Concert or event tickets including free events.
    • Stolen or illegally imported goods.
    • Lockpicking or locksmithing devices such as lock picks, lockpicking cards, digital decoders and code grabbing devices.
    • Firearms, Military weapons, Explosives and Ammunition. This includes Tasers, Stun guns, Pepper Sprays and Replica/Lookalikes.

On another note, your link to an e-Commerce site is in breach of eBid's rules. We are not allowed to link to any external site that sells stuff. If you look at the bottom of your original post you'll see the EDIT button and can remove the link that way.

Please feel free to ask any further questions; we're generally a friendly bunch here.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Rjays
    View Rjays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the reply,

Firearms, Military weapons, Explosives and Ammunition. This includes Tasers, Stun guns, Pepper Sprays and Replica/Lookalikes.

Still slightly confused, with the VCRA Airsoft guns basically have to be painted luminous pink to comply here in the UK, so would it still be a replica or a look alike in E-bids eyes? Same question for Paintball markers, they're not replica's or look alikes (some can be) but for the most part they just look like, well, paintball markers.

http://fightingfiveoh.com/bt4combat.html

As you can see, even when parts are bolted on to try and make such markers look realistic, they still very much look like Paintball markers.

I'll try and contact E-bid, see what they say.

Cheers.
    RJ' Emporium, something for everyone!

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...le=rj-emporium

The problem basically is that eBid staff are not weapon experts. They don't know what is or is not legal. They don't want to have to know. They don't permit guns - full stop (or, for our American readers, period.)

However, as with everything else on eBid, check with Support for a definitive answer.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rjays View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

Firearms, Military weapons, Explosives and Ammunition. This includes Tasers, Stun guns, Pepper Sprays and Replica/Lookalikes.

Still slightly confused, with the VCRA Airsoft guns basically have to be painted luminous pink to comply here in the UK, so would it still be a replica or a look alike in E-bids eyes? Same question for Paintball markers, they're not replica's or look alikes (some can be) but for the most part they just look like, well, paintball markers.

http://fightingfiveoh.com/bt4combat.html

As you can see, even when parts are bolted on to try and make such markers look realistic, they still very much look like Paintball markers.

I'll try and contact E-bid, see what they say.

Cheers.
    I'm no gun expert but,that looks very similar to a gun to me!

Thread Information