Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And it is goodbye from him

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry And it is goodbye from him

You will be aware that I have had some wrangles over the last couple of weeks. We have now decided to call it a day and walk away from Ebid

All our auctions have been removed and I will be closing the account from the main site and the forum.

The wrangles were about why I had been singled out for banning. I linked to the retail - web - directory and because of that I was banned. I repeatedly asked for information as to why I was banned and yet others were blatantly allowed to mentioned sites such as ecommercebytes (which is exactly like our site in that you can add all your ecommerce links). Others were allowed to link to Ebay in auctions and about me pages, others were allowed to add their telephone numbers to listings, others were allowed to link to link farms in their auctions, others were allowed to link to their own ecommerce enabled sites, display email addresses - etc etc etc. All these I had reported (and I know others of you have also) and they were not acted upon.

And I got nowhere, no information except that it was a web directory (Yes but so are the others I kept shouting back), until yesterday when a little addendum was added to their reply email which explained everything............................... It is nothing to do with whether they see them, or if they get reported, or who reports, or even who is on duty to see the report. It is another very specific reason

Well, I told them I would not tell you all about what they had written, and as a man of my word and principles I won't

Suffice to say I decided enough was enough

Now let me say that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with what they said, I I have suggested they are open about and tell you all. It may even help. But that is not a a decision I can make for them

So good luck to you all and I wish you continued success both here on Ebid and elsewhere. And I really do hope that Ebid continues to grow and prosper.

retail web directory
    graphskill

Best wishes and regards

Ron

TTFN
    Last edited by graphskill; 25th August 2013 at 08:55 AM.

View shabbird's Feedback (+89)
    All-About shabbird
    View shabbird's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: And it is goodbye from him

Good luck and best wishes for the future graphskill.

I would not recommend closing your account as you may want to come back again
    and trade especially with christmas closer, business on ebid will be much busier.

I understand you have taken a stand and no one likes to be banned especially if we
    consider it unfair. But I would advice you to take time off from ebid and reconsider in few weeks.

Whatever you decide, good luck for the future

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graphskill View Post
    You will be aware that I have had some wrangles over the last couple of weeks. We have now decided to call it a day and walk away from Ebid

All our auctions have been removed and I will be closing the account from the main site and the forum.

The wrangles were about why I had been singled out for banning. I linked to the retail - web - directory and because of that I was banned. I repeatedly asked for information as to why I was banned and yet others were blatantly allowed to mentioned sites such as ecommercebytes (which is exactly like our site in that you can add all your ecommerce links). Others were allowed to link to Ebay in auctions and about me pages, others were allowed to add their telephone numbers to listings, others were allowed to link to link farms in their auctions, others were allowed to link to their own ecommerce enabled sites, display email addresses - etc etc etc. All these I had reported (and I know others of you have also) and they were not acted upon.

And I got nowhere, no information except that it was a web directory (Yes but so are the others I kept shouting back), until yesterday when a little addendum was added to their reply email which explained everything............................... It is nothing to do with whether they see them, or if they get reported, or who reports, or even who is on duty to see the report. It is another very specific reason

Well, I told them I would not tell you all about what they had written, and as a man of my word and principles I won't

Suffice to say I decided enough was enough

Now let me say that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with what they said, I I have suggested they are open about and tell you all. It may even help. But that is not a a decision I can make for them

So good luck to you all and I wish you continued success both here on Ebid and elsewhere. And I really do hope that Ebid continues to grow and prosper.

retail web directory
    graphskill

Best wishes and regards

Ron

TTFN
    i have reported many links to ebid that are e-commerce related some times they remove them some times they dont

i never looked at your web directory so icant say what offended the reporter or ebid

i can see your a man of princable i respect that, i would disagree that you fully close down your account take a break!disapear for a while, give things a little time !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I just want to say thank you Ron for all you have done to help promote our items. I'm sorry to see you go and I hope that you will feel that you are able to return one day in the future. Good luck with your sales elsewhere.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You could always set it to music and sing it as a song - that way you wouldn't be telling us.

Now let me say that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with what they said, I I have suggested they are open about and tell you all. It may even help. But that is not a a decision I can make for them.
    That reads as if you have accepted (while maybe not agreeing with) their reasons for not wanting the thread on the forums. So why could they not have just explained that to you at the outset rather than issuing you a ban? Another situation badly handled by admin where a little communication could have avoided a lot of upset.

If you are Seller+ Lifetime, I would agree with others that you think twice before shutting down your account totally. You don't have to use it, but if you have paid for it it would seem to make sense to leave yourself the option to return someday without having to pay again.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    Last edited by astral276; 25th August 2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typos

As has been suggested, keep your account open, you have paid your money and you never know what will happen in the future. You have made some great contributions in the forums and for eBid and will be missed. Hope you can find some way back in the future.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck old bean..
    As I always say, ahem "You don't have to like the people you work with or sell to, its just business."

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    View booja41's Feedback (+134)
    All-About booja41
    View booja41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope you change your mind Ron.
    We can't afford to loose you.

Ron, you will be missed. Wherever you land I wish you much success. And I want to join with others that are saying, 'we hope you change your mind.'

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Funny

I always thought his directory was really just a way to get people to look at his website that sells his fastenings etc.

Thread Information