eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awaiting documentation ?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Awaiting documentation ?

You know....there's always that chance that support "knows" this buyer that you had and so were asking for verification or something??? Don't know...just thinkin' Have you emailed support about this?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quick question ttoc48...are you going to offer your clothing to USA?

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Quick question ttoc48...are you going to offer your clothing to USA?

For you yes of course i will as you understand about the postage times etc,if i remember rightly one top took about 7 weeks airmail!!! didnt it? also i didnt put USA because of the postage rates from here,its gone so expensive now

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ttoc48 View Post
    Had a sale on friday ,got my email and went in to check it,when i looked at the sale its from someone new as they have no feedback and instead of address etc was this

Awaiting requested documentation
    We have asked the user to provide additional contact verification information.
    The user's status is pending receipt of the requested information.

i thought Ebid was making it easier for buying with new people? got a feeling this is gonna be cancelled at some point
    When I first signed up on here in January, as a buyer, eBid did NOT ask me for verification. However, when I upgraded to a seller eBid did ask for documentation to verify my address hence the AV (Address Verified) by a sellers user name. This is protection for the buyer.

Correct me if I am wrong but buyers do not need to have verification, your buyer, therefore, must have upgraded to a seller.

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but buyers do not need to have verification, your buyer, therefore, must have upgraded to a seller.
    that was my thoughts as well.

As to the AV not all sellers are AVed I'm not... when I joined in '08 your credit card address had to match your home address, mine doesn't also documents tend to be needed if selling high end items (although I don't know what the starting point for high end items are) and again I haven't triggered that either. Therefore if you check I am not AVed... not that that seems to be a drawback when it comes to selling items as my sales are doing fairly well on here.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frankly, if they are going to hold up the sale awaiting verification from a buyer, I think it would help if eBid completed whatever verification process they needed to use, prior to allowing a buyer to bid or make a purchase. If it is a matter of the buyer upgrading to seller, why keep him from buying while he awaits approval to sell?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Frankly, if they are going to hold up the sale awaiting verification from a buyer, I think it would help if eBid completed whatever verification process they needed to use, prior to allowing a buyer to bid or make a purchase. If it is a matter of the buyer upgrading to seller, why keep him from buying while he awaits approval to sell?
    eBid does not, as a matter of course, request additional documentation from buyers. Only if there are perceived discrepancies with the details they have supplied, or suspicious buying activity is noticed, do they do so. They also now accept third party registration via Google, Facebook and Yahoo - accepting that registrants on those sites have already been verified to a level acceptable to eBid.

It is not possible to tell if there are any problems with a registration until after the user has registered. The time between that and them making a purchase or bid would rarely be sufficient for eBid to intervene.

The only way around it would be to stop all newly registered users from bidding or buying until eBid had checked their registration details. Doing that would hack off far more people than the current system does.

Beyond that is eBid doing no checks at all and then waiting for the cries of woe and screams of 'Why did eBid allow this to happen to me?'.

I was going to quote the site's Terms & Conditions statement that additional documentation may be requested - but that seems to have vanished (separate post on that issue).
    Last edited by astral276; 8th September 2013 at 04:11 AM.

Thread Information