eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awaiting documentation ?

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Awaiting documentation ?

Had a sale on friday ,got my email and went in to check it,when i looked at the sale its from someone new as they have no feedback and instead of address etc was this

Awaiting requested documentation
    We have asked the user to provide additional contact verification information.
    The user's status is pending receipt of the requested information.

i thought Ebid was making it easier for buying with new people? got a feeling this is gonna be cancelled at some point

All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Awaiting documentation ?

Sent a support ticket and got this

Thank you for your email.

We have asked the user to provide additional contact verification information.
    The user's status is pending receipt of the requested information.

Once the user has provided this information, this message will be removed from the ASL (After Sale Log). You may wish to wait a day or two to see if the situation changes.

sooooo not so easy to buy on Ebid then

which would you prefer... very easy to buy something... and maybe get scr*wed by a bad seller or harder to buy/pay for something now from someone without them being checked out first.....

I know which I would prefer

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    which would you prefer... very easy to buy something... and maybe get scr*wed by a bad seller or harder to buy/pay for something now from someone without them being checked out first.....

I know which I would prefer

The OP is the seller. It's the buyer that is getting verification.
    The fact a buyer pays for an item is surely enough without them giving support documentation
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes,not been on for awhile but thought i would give it another go as comments in the forum suggested that it was easier to come and buy ,but i get my first sale and they got to verify themselves to buy something?its nearly a week now ,why on earth does someone have to verify who they are to buy something? if the sale does eventually go through which at this moment in time i dont hold out much hope i will probably get negged for taking so long to ship,lol

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

ttoc48!!! There you are!! Went to go browse your beautiful clothing items here recently and saw you had nothing up and running...aaack!! So glad to see you back...love your stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    The OP is the seller. It's the buyer that is getting verification.
    The fact a buyer pays for an item is surely enough without them giving support documentation
    OOppsss *note to self... re read post before replying

All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    ttoc48!!! There you are!! Went to go browse your beautiful clothing items here recently and saw you had nothing up and running...aaack!! So glad to see you back...love your stuff!

Helloooo there
    So nice of you to remember me and thank you for the compliment,its been a while since we have had a chat,hope you are keeping well.
    i had a break from here but now back and looking to expand but to be honest after this fiasco of someone wanting to buy but they have to be verified i might just go off again,not a very good start from my point of view and no doubt the buyers as well,such a shame i thought it had changed but seems to have gotten worse if anything,i know the other side is bad but at least you can buy from there without all this mess.Moan over nice to hear from you

Oh great, my first sale since i came back on a few weeks ago and now they are crossed out,they joined the same day as they bought off me,i seriously get the feeling its going to be a waste of time listing here now if this is going to happen with every new buyer.
    Last edited by ttoc48; 6th September 2013 at 08:03 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe it could be made a seller option if they wish to sell to unverified buyers. One condition being that they don't come whining on the forums when they get ripped off.

All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you pay through paypal etc you have already been checked,if i had to go through this rigmarole to buy something i wanted i would be put off from using the site,i have had buyers in the past with no feedback and joined to buy the item they wanted with no problem so i dont see why it should be so now,and if every site on the web that sells stuff had the same sort of process this has then there probably wouldnt be any online shopping as everyone would have got fed up with waiting to get verified and gone to the local shops,but there again that might not be such a bad idea might get some life back into the high streets

Thread Information