eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Default Re: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    And no, I still don't know what you mean.
    I used to fire up Colossus and after much time get a decode. But eventually I found it easier to just skip those posts.

No, it's not just you.

Some people sell to make a living, some use auction sites because it's a neat way of recycling, along with Freegle/Freecycle/etc, some come to auction sites because of hobbies. One size doesn't fit all.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I used to fire up Colossus and after much time get a decode. But eventually I found it easier to just skip those posts.

Some people sell to make a living, some use auction sites because it's a neat way of recycling, along with Freegle/Freecycle/etc, some come to auction sites because of hobbies. One size doesn't fit all.
    I've never heard of Colossus. Something else new to me ...

Yes, I agree that one size doesn't fit all. As 'they' say ... one man's junk is another man's treasure. It's a blessing that we aren't all the same. And I'm glad that eBid offers many options for the seller. The site has many good features (and some that could be improved), so I do wish that sellers would use it as part of their selling strategy. We really do need more listings here. Good sellers who stay for a while.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wont swear to it, but I think Colossus was a WW2 computer that helped crack the German "enigma" code.

It was quite big with not very much computing power.

Ha. Pink. I always learn something on these boards.

Yes, some kind of secret code. It's all beyond me.

Congrats on the three weeks with no smokes! As a former smoker, I know what quitting is about.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here we go again….but all is ‘aright….
    Unbelievable did I lost THAT much….c’mon my friend Dean I not selling stuff from yesterday or from only couple past months or year or two….be serious….

P.S. Thanks for your reply’ Dean….is always my pleasure reading your writing…and ‘’as usual’’ I wish you good sales for your Post cards…...

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I haven't listed there for three weeks now!

And!

I have packed in smoking <again> for the last three weeks too!

As soon as RM sort out there prices for small parcels, I'll be back with a vengeance!

Well…’’Pink’’ I wish you happy ‘’waiting’’…and I am sure RM will hear you…....

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…’’Pink’’ I wish you happy ‘’waiting’’…and I am sure RM will hear you…....
    RM will be introducing the changes by the end of October!

Meanwhile I am dusting off stock and taking new pics.

Not too long to wait.

I may even list small things for USA.

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Here we go again….but all is ‘aright….
    Unbelievable did I lost THAT much….c’mon my friend Dean I not selling stuff from yesterday or from only couple past months or year or two….be serious….

P.S. Thanks for your reply’ Dean….is always my pleasure reading your writing…and ‘’as usual’’ I wish you good sales for your Post cards…...
    You have one of the most consistent loss making bay accounts I have ever seen.

Therefore, as stated before: To come on the eBid forum with comments about other sellers listings being 'not worth listing' and talking about profits is absolutely ludicrous. You have no profit margin on your ebay items because the bay account has lost so much money over the years. If you are frustrated about lack of sales over on the bay - maybe you should be making comments on the bay forums instead of taking those frustrations out on here. A loss making ebay seller demeaning other peoples listings on eBid is just plain daft!

I think we have heard all the stories about the supposed massive sales over the years you have made - but most will remember when you removed your listings from here and then we had you on the forums (jumping on every thread) claiming that those same items were selling in their 1,000's and you were making 1,000's of dollars. Which of course was just plain fiction - it was actually a few bulk lots, some selling at 99 cents. Previous history leads me to not believe to much in this case.

Whatever you do on the bay is your business - whatever losses you want to incur is up to you. But you can't demean other peoples eBid listings and question profits when you are losing money month after month, year after year etc..... on the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    RM will be introducing the changes by the end of October!

Meanwhile I am dusting off stock and taking new pics.

Not too long to wait.
    It is good news about the changes Pink - I did feel sorry for other sellers when I saw the RM price go to ridiculous levels.

I hope that will get you numerous fishing expeditions next year.

When I stopped selling on the bay and concentrated on eBid it was the one of the best decisions I ever made. Over 4,000 items sold on eBid, nearly 1,500 this year so far.

Look forward to seeing you listing again and reeling those buyers in. Remember that your shop is a fishing rod, the buy it now button is your hook and your keywords are the bait. More keywords get bigger fish
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 25th September 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

It is good news about the changes Pink - I did feel sorry for other sellers when I saw the RM price go to ridiculous levels.

I hope that will get you numerous fishing expeditions next year.

When I stopped selling on the bay and concentrated on eBid it was the one of the best decisions I ever made. Over 4,000 items sold on eBid, nearly 1,500 this year so far.

Look forward to seeing you listing again and reeling those buyers in. Remember that your shop is a fishing rod, the buy it now button is your hook and your keywords are the bait. More keywords get bigger fish
    I like that analogy!

I'll have a healthy NETT Profit too!

Yes, I agree that one size doesn't fit all. As 'they' say ... one man's junk is another man's treasure. It's a blessing that we aren't all the same. And I'm glad that eBid offers many options for the seller. The site has many good features (and some that could be improved), so I do wish that sellers would use it as part of their selling strategy. We really do need more listings here. Good sellers who stay for a while.
    Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_computer

Yes, it's wonderful what can find an appreciative home, that would otherwise be pulped. I sold a 1936 Hillman Minx workshop manual to someone in Australia for 20 quid, thanks to eBid... without an auction site I'd have thrown it away, but instead it crossed to the opposite side of the planet to a delighted buyer. And had I listed it for 10 days elsewhere, even at 99p, I'm sure it would never have been seen. But here, because I could list it for many weeks, it got seen.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information