eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Default Re: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Dzambo.

I can never tell if you are right or not, because I don't understand what you mean most of the time.

But maybe other people do and it's just me.

Anyway. Time to clean out the fridge.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post

I wonder if he can fix my freezer...we had a power surge today and both the fridge freezer and the pc exploded.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo.

I can never tell if you are right or not, because I don't understand what you mean most of the time.

But maybe other people do and it's just me.

What I mean is very simple and you know very well what I mean because you already prove that with your writing ‘’Time to clean out the fridge’’….

You can clean whatever you like but nothing much will change, these all items is just non sales item…or to make it profit to satisfied spending own time to list that stuff…
    Some of it will be sold but on average is just not worth to spend personal time to list that stuff all around….

But again you can list whatever you like, is just my personal opinion….

P.S. I wish you good luck in your cleaning ‘’the fridge’’…......

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    You can clean whatever you like but nothing much will change, these all items is just non sales item…or to make it profit to satisfied spending own time to list that stuff…
    Some of it will be sold but on average is just not worth to spend personal time to list that stuff all around….

Not sure why an ebay seller who doesn't sell on eBid is making 'not worth listing' comments about what other people are listing here.

So just to put things into context with regard to those comments so people can get a balanced view point.

Dzambo your ebay sales are:

Sept: Sales $2.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Aug: Sales $0.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Jul: Sales $30.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Jun: Sales $6.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    May: Sales $3.00 - Shop cost $19.95

All of the items sold are new - so the cost of the item will be needed to be taken out of the sale price, + FVF + Paypal charges. So considering all that even Jul would have resulted in a loss to go along with all the other whopping great losses.

Similar pattern over the last year = loss

And you, an ebay loss making seller are here telling people on eBid that their items are not worth listing. Talking about profits and sales when you clearly don't have much idea of either ????

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo.

I don't understand what you mean most of the time.

But maybe other people do

Hi Marie,

I can usually tell what DZAMBO means; I'm either getting better at the interpretation, or he is getting better at expressing himself. IMHO, I think we need as much variety in the listings as possible. Never know what people will actually be looking for, and taste vary wildly.

Have been hearing potential buyers complaining more and more about limited selection of things to buy. So I actually hear DZAMBO loud and clear when he mentions certain in demand categories. However, I also know that there are many niche markets, and buyers with unusual tastes, so why limit any category. There are so many empty categories here that need filling up with items. So as far as I can see, whatever a seller wants to bring to the mix is fine. It will help to get the listings over the critical hump that this site needs to be more competitive. Just MHO.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Not sure why an ebay seller who doesn't sell on eBid is making 'not worth listing' comments about what other people are listing here.

So just to put things into context with regard to those comments so people can get a balanced view point.

Dzambo your ebay sales are:

Sept: Sales $2.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Aug: Sales $0.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Jul: Sales $30.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    Jun: Sales $6.00 - Shop cost $19.95
    May: Sales $3.00 - Shop cost $19.95

All of the items sold are new - so the cost of the item will be needed to be taken out of the sale price, + FVF + Paypal charges. So considering all that even Jul would have resulted in a loss to go along with all the other whopping great losses.

Similar pattern over the last year = loss

And you, an ebay loss making seller are here telling people on eBid that their items are not worth listing. Talking about profits and sales when you clearly don't have much idea of either ????
    I can never ever make a loss on ebid!

I got a seller plus for £49.

I learnt the ropes and sold some stuff and recouped my investment.

I got my pension today and as usual I toured my local charity shops.

I found some great and unusual pyrex that cost me £5.

I will list it at a very competitive £15. (yes I checked sales elsewhere)

I also found a Royal Albert Trio for an unbelievable £1.
    I will list this around the £6.00 mark which is well below the asking price (even on ebid!)

I tour the charity shops every pension day and more often than not find similar bargains.
    I like the buzz of the searching, the listing and the selling.

I don't need to make a living, any money I can make goes towards my fishing!
    <gotta sell more >

It's well worth my time to be on ebid; to sell, to comment and to laugh on the forums.

< I bet he still hasn't cleaned behind the fridge! >

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    What I mean is very simple and you know very well what I mean because you already prove that with your writing ‘’Time to clean out the fridge’’….

But again you can list whatever you like, is just my personal opinion….

P.S. I wish you good luck in your cleaning ‘’the fridge’’…......
    Dzambo, I meant that I was going to clean out the fridge. Even though these guys were joking around, they reminded me that I was going to clean out the fridge today.

And no, I still don't know what you mean.

If you mean that some things aren't worth listing, yes I agree with that. Listing, packing, and mailing takes a lot of time. Time is money too. I see sellers who are obviously selling at a loss. I see their price, calculate postage and fees and they are in a mad race to the bottom. Sellers all over the internet. Not just eBid. I also see sellers who want more than what an item is worth, in my opinion. But that might not be someone else's opinion.

I just took a lot of things to the recycle place and to the charity shop myself. And some that I'm relisting now will also be given away, recycled, or otherwise disposed of. Plus, like many people, I'm busy with my job, my home, and my other activities and hobbies. Storage is an issue as well.

But, to each his own. Members here can use the site for whatever purpose they want, provided they follow eBid rules. Some people come to the boards and they don't even sell or buy on this site. And that's allowed too.

If eBid is going to be competitive, there are many categories that do need filling. People can only list what they have, or what they are prepared to invest their money in.

I think that there are many things about on-line buying and selling that are certainly different than they were a few years ago. The times are always a changing.

But no, I really don't know what you mean most of the time. And I'm not saying that to be sarcastic or rude. I'm just being honest.

Deanosaur, great to see you back again in the forums. As always, appreciate your insight and your ability to get right to the fact of the matter.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…as I can see and usually you’re guys been busy in here in the last couple hours….
    Writing and writing….so I will join you just a little for writings….Before I go for my work I need to earn ‘’my pension’’ but anyway I will not exchange my income for any pension from regular folks doesn’t matter I will not go for work right now…no thank you very much…

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

My friend ‘’Dean’’...where you been…? We miss you much…......

And let’s begin….I just state my opinion in here and for other site I say again I make that much sales over there in the past 5 years and profit from which I can pay fees in the next 20 years a minimum…

Check feedback to the end and NOT only in way which is suit only you…but anyway I never has more of 50 items listed in my store and even with that ‘’many’’ items I can make it…

But even in that you will never know not even close how many copies of my stuff go for resale doesn’t matter how you try hard…

I suggest you if you only ‘’track’’ official sales just ‘’track’’ from the beginning and even that will be enough for you…

I respect your opinion and I hope you will sell ‘’a bunch’’ of your post cards for USA consumers market and that will be nice ‘’balance view point’’…...

Thread Information