eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Default Re: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    One question ~
    Why are we talking about them over there, on here.
    When them over there, do not talk about us, over here?
    I you talk over there about over here, the posts get pulled. I suspect they have automatic searches for ebid, scanning forum posts, listings and messages. You know you're making progress when you're no longer ignored!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Open 2 Paypal account 1 for micropayments and 1 for regular payments
    That works if you have two different identities and sell using BIN. But if you don't know how high the bidding might go, you need a crystal ball. All sounds like a lot of hassle to me. Easier to decide where most of your turnover comes and make the choice.

If you don't feel like doing the maths, google for paypal micropayments break even.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    That works if you have two different identities and sell using BIN. But if you don't know how high the bidding might go, you need a crystal ball. All sounds like a lot of hassle to me. Easier to decide where most of your turnover comes and make the choice.

If you don't feel like doing the maths, google for paypal micropayments break even.
    I have one identity and two paypal accounts - for which you need to have a second bank account. As there are few bidding wars on eBid I haven't overpaid paypal (yet).

I think break even is @ £9.50
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

I do not have 2 different identities on here, (I do on paypal, but I have managed to link the same bank account to both) When you sell on here you can decide which paypal account the listing is best with.

If you sell multiple items, and the buyer waits for an invoice, you can decide on the invoice which is the best paypal account to use.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    I didn't realise they charged 20p per transaction too!! Heavens above, its not worth selling low cost items!
    xxxx

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will have a look into that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Fees are right on both, for the second the fees are £0.3944 + £0.20. if anything they were ripped off as the fees should have been rounded down.

One more thing on the £0.20 is that they do not return that if you refund, they class it as a transaction fee and keep it as the transaction has been completed. So a refund on a small item can still cost a high percentage of the items value.
    D'oh...should have got the abacus out...maths isn't my best subject,lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Fees are right on both, for the second the fees are £0.3944 + £0.20. if anything they were ripped off as the fees should have been rounded down.

One more thing on the £0.20 is that they do not return that if you refund, they class it as a transaction fee and keep it as the transaction has been completed. So a refund on a small item can still cost a high percentage of the items value.
    Strange. I'm pretty sure the few refunds I've done have not had any deduction. Are you quite sure? Has there been a recent change?

I got charged 20p yesterday for doing a refund but you don't get charged if you only do a part refund.

I gave up selling "over there" a long time ago, but still buy from time to time. Need to really get my act together and start listing more things on here again as well.

Thread Information