eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

New rules have come into effect which allows greedbay to take a chunk out of the P&P as well as final value.

It's time to leave them to it I guess.

So I won't be listing there again.

I just hope ebid picks up as listings have taken a battering since the Royal mail price hike.

Default Re: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

I was looking for a few items on eBay the other day and there does seem to be a smaller selection than days gone by. Admittedly I found most of what I was after, but whereas previously you would have a couple of pages of sellers with an item the numbers do seem to be falling, we need to start matching them over here though and give potential buyers the items they want with hopefully several sellers offering them.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I was looking for a few items on eBay the other day and there does seem to be a smaller selection than days gone by. Admittedly I found most of what I was after, but whereas previously you would have a couple of pages of sellers with an item the numbers do seem to be falling, we need to start matching them over here though and give potential buyers the items they want with hopefully several sellers offering them.
    I'm thinking of revamping my listings with new pics, more job lots (to offset postage costs).

I am using the ebay sold items section to get average prices for my BINs over here though.

Should we get Cornish to rally the troops again?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes there are a lot fewer items on the bay than there were.
    Once our Les Mis show is done in a few weeks (and all the stuff sorted after!!!) I plan on puting a lot more effort in over here. I only use the free listings over there now anyay

Forum Newbie
    View teecell's Feedback (+495)
    All-About teecell
    View teecell's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    New rules have come into effect which allows greedbay to take a chunk out of the P&P as well as final value.

It's time to leave them to it I guess.

So I won't be listing there again.
    Sadly my sentiments too; in light of the coverage it was good for the most part, with this tax they sent me running. Making about as much sense as a fee on your business at the dentist levied by the local pimp, it's amazing that people tolerate it. I did note that they deduct it after all else is done, if you view your statement from them...
    It really set me off, after their calculator regularly undercharged for shipping leaving me to cover the gap (and has others) and many have posted on their "community" in protest only to be beaten by the goonsquad.

I've also gotten a couple of curious issues with my own recently sold things since my own post against it, including some git who wanted a refund, then apologized and admitted he hadn't checked the article he was complaining about-
    and still hasn't sent the money back.

Kinda coincidental to have grief only after criticism against them, and that after a dozen years with them...

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post

‘’Pink’’…did you know how many listing on other site is listed before 6 months and how many now….?

And did you know how many we have in here before 6 months and how many now…?
    As far as I can see both sites are about where they were 6 months ago

Ebay with over 200 million listings
    And ebid going down from 5 to 4 million listings (due may be to a cull of the RUS)

But I don't see any major shifts.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

So what Dzambo is saying is that in the last 6 months ebay has gone up by 40 million or so

And ebid has gone down by 2 million listings.

So there can't be many people leaving ebay and coming over to ebid!

I would obviously like to see eBid's listings rise, not back to the 6 million but to 10 million+. But in many ways those figures are irrelevant, especially as far as sellers are concerned. What is relevant is sales and profits, and what I have read regarding eBay is that sales are getting harder to get and obviously with the latest increases profits even harder to achieve. My own experience on eBid however is that sales and profits are increasing. If this is what is happening on eBid and my own experience is repeated across eBid then the listings over here will pick up. I will be adding around 100 in the next week or so, that will still leave us short of the 6 million, but every little helps.

With regards to the eBid numbers it does seem that we are not now getting the wild daily swings we used to get. On the UK site we seem to have a big drop of a hundred thousand or so followed by increases of a few thousand a day. Not sure if they have changed something.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    So what Dzambo is saying is that in the last 6 months ebay has gone up by 40 million or so

And ebid has gone down by 2 million listings.

So there can't be many people leaving ebay and coming over to ebid!
    Or it could be that the big boys are listing millions more because the site is being de-cluttered of small sellers.

ebid's listings have been impacted by the RUS culls, Royal Mail price hike, time of year and of course sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I'm thinking of revamping my listings with new pics, more job lots (to offset postage costs).

I am using the ebay sold items section to get average prices for my BINs over here though.

Should we get Cornish to rally the troops again?
    Time to get listing - NOW !

Thread Information