eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Well I've ditched the free listings over there.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Time to get listing - NOW !

im trying but bliddy illness just gets to me so i go back to bed lol

When greedBay starts hitting UK sellers with FVF on postage I shall still list some items for collection only. Just sold a garden shed over there, would have been kind of hard to wrap it in swaddling and hike down to the post office with it!

Buyers over there, looking for large items, seem to have no difficulty figuring out how to use the UK postcode distance related search. Indeed, it recently improved by auto-filling your own postcode.

What items have sellers sold here for collection only? Is it successful?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    That's no excuse Private Merlin !

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I don't know..you just can't the staff these days.

*shakes head and tuts

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our sales have slowed a bit due to Royal Mail price increases but potential buyers are probably thinking I will be charging a set price per additional item (like some do on FeeBay when it costs no extra anyway with the 0-1kg now all being one set price) and I have never done that on here or when I was on FeeBay. So I'm thinking I might advertise the fact that I only charge what is absolutely necessary to cover actual shipping costs which includes cost of stamp/weight and packaging materials supplied and that I never charge a set fee per additional item and never have.

FeeBay are getting far too greedy and they have no legal rights what-so-ever to take a percentage on postage cost. Shipping costs money and sellers cannot afford to lose money especially with the cost of shipping these days. FeeBay just keep proving to me over and over how unfair and greedy they are being. I have recently taken stock of the new Star Wars 6 inch action figure line and the profit margin is basically £2.00 unless I ask above the RRP of £19.99 per figure, but I checked out the final value fee on an £18.99 6 inch star wars figure on FeeBay and saw that it was £1.90, then you got paypal fee and listing fee so that seller is ultimately losing a lot because after fees the seller will be selling the figure for less than what they have paid to buy it in! It just does not make any sense why sellers continue to stay on FeeBay when they are losing so much money. Regular sales mean sod all if you are barely covering the monthly fees of FeeBay and paypal on top. Most of those sellers will be too scared to sit down and work out how much money they have lost because it would shock them big time.

Now a fee on shipping costs haha. Obviously, sellers who are still charging silly amounts per additional item when there is no additional cost up to 1kg then they deserve to be hit with fees on shipping costs. But for airmail, if you are charging what is necessary, then those sellers will lose big time as airmail is a lot more expensive now, talking £7.20 just for 251g-500g from uk to the usa and £4.95 from us to Europe so no one can afford to lose money on shipping cost if they are selling internationally.

Sellers on FeeBay need to get a grip on reality and stop sitting in their forums whining about these things while FeeBay just ignore them because they do not care anyway and start taking action, the kind of action that will hit FeeBay's income: like doing the work involved in moving their listings elsewhere, eBid, and doing the work of emailing their regular customers to shop with them on eBid instead as well as other things like putting fliers in all parcels going out as well as advertising on the side of the parcel they are moving to eBid (or wherever). It is cheap to do this as I use the 14 labels per sheet address labels and have "visit us on eBid.net" on there. Granted only the courier/royal mail staff see this and people at the post office behind the counter and in the queue etc. but it is there in a big font. Self-promotion does not have to cost you two arms and two legs like trading on FeeBay does lmao. Feebay robbing their sellers is better for us on eBid and good for me as most of the Star Wars 6inch figs I have seen on FeeBay now are starting bids of £17.99 in auction or BIN of £21.99-£24.99 with some asking more than £24.99. And then there's the sellers offering free shipping on these 6 inch star wars figs but the shipping still costs the seller whether FeeBay are taking a percentage or not so even after FVF, Paypal fee, listing fee and the cost of shipping, you're talking the seller selling that figure for £6.00+ less than what they paid for it from the distributor after all fees and shipping cost has been paid and to ship a single 6 inch star wars figure, you're still talking a minimum £2.60 2nd class or minimum £3.00 1st class plus cost of packaging materials.

But sadly, these sellers will just sit their whining away, do nothing, stay on FeeBay, and will have to raise their prices so FeeBay take even more money in their percentages while those sellers will have to find other money to help cover fees to cover their losses. But I will not waste my breath on FeeBay forums on silly sellers who remain on FeeBay selling everything at a loss and complaining about it. They choose to stay there so stuff 'em. No sympathy from me. They have their heads in the clouds and would rather lose large amounts of money for more regular sales, more the fool them...
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 10th September 2013 at 01:25 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I don't know..you just can't the staff these days.

*shakes head and tuts
    Don't go shaking yer tuts!

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post

FeeBay are getting far too greedy and they have no legal rights what-so-ever to take a percentage on postage cost. ...
    Which law in your jurisdiction does that contravene? FeeBay can do what they damn well please if you agree to their terms and conditions. They could require you hand over your first-born if it weren't for laws against human trafficking.

What amazes me is all the Hong Kong sellers offering electronic goods for 99p and less. Even if their cost of goods is 1p, I still don't get how they cover FVF, Paypal, packing, international postage... They must have special deals.

Maybe we should campaign to get them to sell on eBid?

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Rokin's Toys post was a bit too long to quote, but my take on it was borrowed from Duncan Bannatyne, "Sales for vanity, profits for sanity". So if people want to brag about their massive sales and little or no profit then eBay is the place, if they want to make a profit on each sale then eBid is the place. And eventually the buying public will become more and more aware of the competitive prices on here and we will make the big sales and the big profits,

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

What amazes me is all the Hong Kong sellers offering electronic goods for 99p and less. Even if their cost of goods is 1p, I still don't get how they cover FVF, Paypal, packing, international postage... They must have special deals.

Maybe we should campaign to get them to sell on eBid?
    I worked with a guy who used to enjoy getting the best deals he could, even when he did not need the item. Frequently he could, and last time I saw him still did get stuff from HK for £0.01 - with free shipping! He ended up with over 20 card readers that he just gave away and all sorts of other stuff. Even on eBid at that price they would lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I worked with a guy who used to enjoy getting the best deals he could, even when he did not need the item. Frequently he could, and last time I saw him still did get stuff from HK for £0.01 - with free shipping! He ended up with over 20 card readers that he just gave away and all sorts of other stuff. Even on eBid at that price they would lose money.
    [chuckle] Yes, I'm not quite in his league, but last month my wife needed a simple SD/SDHC card reader. Daft to keep plugging in the camera and running down the battery with long downloads, a card reader is a better way. Won one for 50p, brand new. So pleased I snapped up another at much the same price, just to give away.

No such bargains here though. 178 card readers, but even the cheapest are well over a quid (figuring in postage).

Presumably the competitive prices here that you mention are in other categories? I need some 1GB DDR ram, so I looked here first. Cheapest here is 8 quid. Can get a pair for little more than that on the dark side.

I see much discussion of goods I don't buy, collectibles such as postcards, comics, stamps, and practical things like clothing and craft goods. Perhaps those are where the prices here are competitive? I do have a stamp collection from the 1960s that I ought to sell, but since I have no idea of value of stamps I'd need to put them on a venue where I'd be sure of the bidding being active enough to find the right level. Would that happen here? If it would I'll give it a try.

I'd much appreciate advice.

Thread Information