Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non paying buyers

Default Re: Non paying buyers

For an auction it is easy not to be near a computer at the end time etc, forget you have bid, not expect to win, so a prompt may be justified.

When someone uses a BIN there is no logic to it not being paid there and then.
    If you cant afford it, don't buy it.
    If you want to do other window shopping, dont buy it until you are sure, ready.

It is very annoying that when people use BIN and don't pay as they are on the computer there and then to provide payment...
    (I know it can occasionally happen that internet is lost after a purchase, however I do not think on the scale of the times it happens.)
    (Or a polite note to a seller if there are problems with payment.. is not unreasonable, few items include the time cost begging for payment )
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    For an auction it is easy not to be near a computer at the end time etc, forget you have bid, not expect to win, so a prompt may be justified.

When someone uses a BIN there is no logic to it not being paid there and then.
    If you cant afford it, don't buy it.
    If you want to do other window shopping, dont buy it until you are sure, ready.

It is very annoying that when people use BIN and don't pay as they are on the computer there and then to provide payment...
    (I know it can occasionally happen that internet is lost after a purchase, however I do not think on the scale of the times it happens.)
    (Or a polite note to a seller if there are problems with payment.. is not unreasonable, few items include the time cost begging for payment )
    As a stamp seller, I often have buyers who need to take time checking through my items. As they find one they BIN. It would not make sense for them to make a list of what they want to buy and go back to buy, hoping it had not been sold in the meantime. Sometimes, they check through part of my listings then come back the next day and continue. I am quite happy with this. I would prefer to know that this is what they are doing (many tell me) but I would rather not lose potential sales because a buyer feels pressured to pay up immediately. Incidentally I have never had any problems with buyers not paying - so far.
    If you are so concerned about immediate payment you can now make this a condition by ticking the appropriate box in "My Defaults".

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    .....When someone uses a BIN there is no logic to it not being paid there and then....
    No its quite the opposite.

I would always advise buyers to only pay after they have requested an invoice.

The invoice will show that the seller is active and will also confirm the correct shipping costs.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Oh yes a couple of times you can see the purchases as one at a time over time... and often if purchasing many items combined postage requested at the end etc...
    however when it is just the one and then never see them again... frustrating waste of time.
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

Thread Information