Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non paying buyers

Default Re: Non paying buyers

Out of interest, may I ask what is the acceptable time to await payment on here? Elsewhere allows 2 days and then you can make a non payment claim which I have always thought was a little swift ! What do sellers generally accept as the normal procedure on Ebid?

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Without any communicators with the buyer, I usually wait two days from invoicing, then send a second notice, wait another two days and send the third notice. Then I have done my part of the contract rules per eBid and now able to mark buyer as non-paying. (negative, "DID NOT HONOR BID!". 99% of the time it is a newbie buyer. Usually 10 days have past from invoice, I do not like to give negative feedback, but after all the buyer is at fault, and I do need to get the auction back on the market, reclaim my sellers fee's, and relist. Good question, will be interesting as to what other sellers do.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have not sold anything on eBid yet, but I have a few items on eBay and this week I have had 2 non-paying bidders over there. It is annoying, but it is the nature of online selling as someone has previously pointed out. I hate reporting people, and I usually leave no feedback rather than negative, but most buyers know the ropes on these auction sites so it is the buyers that are at fault. Some people ask newly registered buyers to contact them first if they want to bid. I think that's a good idea.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I give my customers up to 7 days to pay electronically and 14 days by snail mail.

Thanks peeps...yes, 7 days was around what I thought would be fair after sending an initial invoice followed a few days later with a reminder. I haven't had too many problems with non payers...only 4 since I started selling last November, so that's not too bad :-)

Forum Newbie
    All-About videopipeline
    View videopipeline's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you send an invoice through the Ebid ASL, there is a link button for payment on the invoice. It is quite simple for the buyer to just click and pay! That is, if they intend to pay at all.

Forum Newbie
    All-About videopipeline
    View videopipeline's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the buyer does not pay at time of purchase, I send an invoice which includes a link to PayPal. The next day, I send a message asking to please advise when payment will be made. If no response by the next day (day 3) I send another invoice. I repeat this process two times which results in about a week of waiting from date of purchase. If there is still no response, I mark the item non paying bidder and relist the item. I am more than willing to work with a buyer if they communicate and request more time to pay, or make some other request of perhaps a different payment method. What really ticks me off is when they just don't answer! Just so you don't think it is only Ebid, I have sold this item on another site as well and not gotten paid! I have been selling online for over ten years and non paying bidders have always been a problem, just not three times for the same item!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31263)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I give 10 days.

On the second reminder I usually suggest a different way to pay than Paypal, but that has never resulted in a payment. No answer, as videopipeline says.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I am getting billed from eBid for a non paying buyer. How can I let them know.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle2012 View Post
    I am getting billed from eBid for a non paying buyer. How can I let them know.
    You have to send 2 (or is it 3) payment reminders. Mark as a non-paying bidder and leave neutral or negative feedback then you'll get a choice in your dropdown box to get your FVF back

Thread Information