eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone know what chicken pox looks like and can you tell me what you think

Forum Lurker
    Edinburgh, Edinburgh (City of), United Kingdom
    View doggiemad's Feedback (+1408)
    All-About doggiemad
    View doggiemad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default does anyone know what chicken pox looks like and can you tell me what you think

what it is getting a doctors appointment these days is a nightmare. i'vve had chicken pox before last year as an adult but didn't get any syptoms until i broke out. and as a sufferer of excema i didn't know until i saw a nurse. i'm wondering if it's the same thing again as my mum thinks it might be i'm 40 lol apart from a rash over my chest and as you can see they are healing now they have been extremely itchy again i just though i was having a bad skin week. i have some on my back but not many.

i don't get symptoms apart from wanting to claw my skin off but i'm like that anyways and suffer migranes all the time to.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: does anyone know what chicken pox looks like and can you tell me what you think

I think you can't get chicken pox again (but I might be wrong) - you get Shingles. Here's a link to the symptoms http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Shingle.../Symptoms.aspx

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: does anyone know what chicken pox looks like and can you tell me what you think

I don't think you get chicken pox more than once, though you can get shingles once you have had chicken pox.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes you can get Chicken Pox more than once, your body hasn't made any anti-bodies from the first bout.

Chicken Pox can cause serious complications in adults.......just to be on the safe side, you should really see a Doctor.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chicken...roduction.aspx

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

whatever it is it looks sore. poor you xx
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Lurker
    All-About doggiemad
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    whatever it is it looks sore. poor you xx
    the itch at night was driving me mad thanks simpathy loved.

the only problem is that i don't actually suffer apart from being itch it's possible from what i've read as it comes from the cold sore virus that mabye i've been the cause of spreading it for the last 20 years. poor other people .

thanks for all your advice.

Not wanting to scare you, but it may be scabies (See PIC)

Name:  scabies-treatment.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  21.5 KB

But get it checked out first by a GP, they're the only ones who can diagnose what it is and give you the correct medication for it
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Lurker
    All-About doggiemad
    Forum Posts

don't remember seeing blisters like in the scabies and this is only the second time i've broken out like this last time it was all over this time its a handful on the chest and only a few on the back. the itchiness has died down on them apart from the one red one i've showen and seem to be healing so i do think it's possible it's the pox again as that is what i was diagnnosed with the last time. scabies more go ont the hands and between the fingers don't they. and is something i've had about 20 years ago. i am a really bad sufferer of the herpies virus and unfortuantely prone to both had cold sores on my lips and mouth for over a year last time before they abated and that was horrid.

Forum Lurker
    Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View willothewisp's Feedback (+81)
    All-About willothewisp
    View willothewisp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi doggiemad - chicken pox normally starts with blisters and then scabs - some of the scabs when healed will leave scars. There are quite a few aliments that probably look similar to your rash. You said you suffer from herpies, and as far as I know, an attack starts when your immune system is low. I know when herpies attacks the skin it can cause spots that don't heal easily.

I would suggest go to your GP for a proper diagnosis - get an emergency appointment. Ask to be referred to a dermatologist. Remind your gp you have had problems with this rash or alike before, you have had the herpies virus that took time to heal, you have eczema and this itch is keeping you awake etc. The idea is to make sure your gp writes all your problems down to the dermatologist - the dermatologist will then have an idea when to make your appointment. When you have got your appointment, and your itching etc hasn't calmed down or got worse, phone the dermatologist secretary up. She might not be able to offer you a more recent appointment but could talk to the consultant (hopefully medical secretaries jobs haven't changed too much since I worked as one). The next thing is you need to keep all your spots clean - no itching (especially taking tops off), clean your hands, especially nails, so you don't infect other areas or spots, try to bathe them with slightly salted water using clean cotton balls with each spot, check whether the soap you are using is making things worse. If you cant get an appointment quick enough go to your pharmacist they can offer soaps that might help. I am not a dermatologist etc but I do know your problems haven't gone away and it would be better to get advice from those that know.

Forum Lurker
    All-About doggiemad
    Forum Posts

thank you kindly for all your advice this new system that makes you tell the receptionist the problem now has severly put me off going to visit a gp and the fact that they will do nothing unless you give them a phone number which i don't have a phone. it really puts me off. to me the receptionist shouldn't be asking and that there was nothing wrong with the way appointments were made originally. I was supposed to be on a drug for a while because of the cold sores wouldn't go away when i went for the prescription the pharmacy didn't stock the item and didn't know when it was going to be in so i couldn't start the course which i think was a six month thing. so it's never been treated properly.

if the were blistering at night i wouldn't know as i'd just scratch until sorted or i'd use a tone of perfume to take the itch away i never considered it anything but basically my excema i was using betnavate c which was starting to help clear up but didn't properly because yeah that's not what it was but it is not as itch now appart from some of my back bits and the one spot that still looks sore. and i've had this for over a week i think.

as for the doc i go when it's my time or unless they go back to a better system of patient confidentiallity to doctor and not to receptionist. (sorry that really matters to me) guess i'm more old school and think doctors need to be aware of the fact that the name doctor means alot to some.

thanks again guys your all a mountian of information which is why i call you my answer gurus 118 don't have a look in lol

and i started to fall apart more when i quit smoking over 3 years ago lol everything fell apart then

Thread Information