Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Nonresponding seller formerly good

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Nonresponding seller formerly good

I am a little embarrassed to have to ask this, since I'm so old and have been buying and selling online so long, but I really don't know what to do next.

Eight days ago I hit "buy" on two items from a seller that in the past had served me well. I asked for a combined invoice, thinking it would save him PayPal fees, and of course show me he's awake. He or his automated service sent me an invoice for one of the items. Immediately I used the eBid "contact seller" facility to repeat that I'd like an invoice covering both items. I have nudged messages to him over the past eight days and gotten no reply at all except two days after the buys, I got a reminder to pay my seller for the first item. I haven't paid.

His latest six feedbacks are negatives, I believe dated in August. My hunch is that he's deserted eBid. The reminder to pay my seller is what worries me. I naturally don't want negative feedback but I'm not willing to sent payment with a high risk of being ignored, and I want both items.

What to do?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Nonresponding seller formerly good

If it were me, considering that you have tried all the eBid avenues to no avail, I would make a last attempt via private email & copying the email content into the ASL so that it is on record that you have emailed also. (but only if I was desperate for the items as I would normally have lost interest by now).
    If there is still no joy then I would write to Support and explain the situation & take their advice.
    I certainly wouldn't concern myself over feedback - any negs would be entirely unwarranted IMO & I would have thought Support would remove it/them under these circumstances. You have certainly been very patient & done your best.

Do not worry about a negative. You have done nothing wrong and a polite message to the boys would get it removed if you got one. I might be tempted to contact support, they will at least know their activity recently.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Absolutely do NOT send any money unless you hear from them!
    Ditto above advice.
    Could be other reasons why no response - illness or other emergency????

There might be a good reason like me selling online for years but was put out of action because of a fire all is well now but did not help at the time or there maybe illness if you have to go into hospital because of a emergency the last thing I would think about would be my buyers as health is more important hope you hear bk soon

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

I would agree that if this seller has previously offered good service and then all of a sudden has had a crop of negs and no contact, I think the likelihood is that something has happened on the ill health or emergency front. I would do as others have said and contact support and just let the seller know that you have had to do this.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is the seller in a recent disaster area?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    I am a little embarrassed to have to ask this, since I'm so old and have been buying and selling online so long, but I really don't know what to do next.

Eight days ago I hit "buy" on two items from a seller that in the past had served me well. I asked for a combined invoice, thinking it would save him PayPal fees, and of course show me he's awake. He or his automated service sent me an invoice for one of the items. Immediately I used the eBid "contact seller" facility to repeat that I'd like an invoice covering both items. I have nudged messages to him over the past eight days and gotten no reply at all except two days after the buys, I got a reminder to pay my seller for the first item. I haven't paid.

His latest six feedbacks are negatives, I believe dated in August. My hunch is that he's deserted eBid. The reminder to pay my seller is what worries me. I naturally don't want negative feedback but I'm not willing to sent payment with a high risk of being ignored, and I want both items.

What to do?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you all for the well-put advice. I do want the items but they aren't time-sensitive at all so I will be patient and hope the seller hasn't endured a personal tragedy of any sort. He's in New York State and I don't think that area has had a disaster lately, but it could be a smaller scale, individualized emergency of some sort. I will wait patiently and hope this seller continues being an asset to eBid.

Thread Information