eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An interesting situation, any thoughts anyone?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: An interesting situation, any thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Yes, technically I won £800 worth of gold for £250!! Its all very iffy, like you, I just thought they were inexperienced and was worried that they were going to lose a lot of money but I think there is a lot more to it than that. They registered on ebay in August and registered on ebid last week, they listed the item on ebay on 16th Sept and listed the same item on here on 18th so something tells me it is a scam. A lot of thoughts crossed my mind when I was out on Saturday and as soon as I got home, before I looked on ebid I checked the paypal site to make sure I was covered if it turned out that I had to go through with the purchase.
    That is one thing that worries me is that by ebay sending the decent sellers over here, they have also brought the site to the attention of the ebay riff-raff.
    Isn't it maddening to win gold at such a great price and have it be no more than a scam. The last time this happened here, I had "won" 3 one ounce gold coins. There were also multiple other buyers who bid and bought into this major scam. I paid promptly so the seller would not try to wiggle out of the deal. Well, seller's name was scratched through and eBid cancelled all the auctions. I received a prompt refund from Paypal.

Quite a long time ago, I was the seller whose gold coin ended at a significant loss. I sent the coin to the buyer. I think they were in a state of shock after receiving it. I figured you win some and lose some; happens to most at least once. Used it as a learning experience and never allowed it to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    So technically, as the winner of the item, if you paid they should honour the sale...I mean, they don't know that you know that it was also on Ebay unless they come here to the forums. So if you paid and they never fulfilled the sale, you could then report them for non performance and leave negative feedback on here...I mean, the item was never available for sale as it had already gone and they should have at least contacted the buyers to cancel the bids? I mean, does anything happen to these people over here if they do that sort of thing? Other potential buyers need to be warned about this person in case they do it again. :-(
    On my ebid after sale log there is a big red notice saying User no longer active, Important - awaiting requested documentation from seller and we advise you not to send payment while this action is pending.
    I did think about requesting an invoice, wondering what they would do, I suppose they would either send me one and hope I paid them again before they left the country or just ignore it. I dont know if anything will happen on ebay because I am not sure if they are legimate at all, the listing over there may have been a scam as well.

But it's a silly scam because most people will pay by paypal and then just do a charge back when they do not receive the item. I don't think it's a scam as such, I just reckon it's someone who wanted to sell the items quick so put them on both sites to see which would make the most money...and then didn't bother doing anything with the ebid one once he'd sold it on ebay...maybe they were stolen goods?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey guys,
    Well there seems to be a fair few scams going around sadly, but thankfully mostly on the bay!
    I recently brought a few coins on there only to see that the certificates were real but the coins were copper nickel, obviously someone was swapping them out, i contacted the seller who refunded me and sent him the coin back so that he could see for himself apparentl the guy he brought them from is still selling similar ones on the bay as we speak!
    another guy sent me coins which were real but the certificates were made by a cheap printer lol
    I'm not so worried on ebid however i have had a few new members with no feedback purchase 20 x silver eagles off me which i then questioned because the ebid address was different to the paypal address, cut a long story short after long attempts to get a response from the buyer i had the sale cancelled and he was banned ( he had not paid )
    I suspect someone wanted to take my add down and i had to pay again for the headline and bold listing options
    But mostly a lot of new members with 0 feedback have brought coins off me with no problems so i suspect its just a case of being a little careful and checking the addresses added on ebid and paypal to make sure they match, if in doubt send an email politely asking for clarification!
    I personally dont bother with auctions
    I only have buy now with the make me an offer option which leads to some fun haggling lol
    Only problem with this way is the limited options for communicating with the buyer, especially if they are new to ebid
    Many don't seem to get the counter offer option or if they do they don't notice the added notes
    Also the ask the seller a question feature on an add.

there's been more then a fair few times where i would have loved to chat to a buyer and come to some arrangement especially on multiple purchases but can't ! and have probably missed out

Sincerely Martin

Ps: yes if others are like me they list the same item in multiple locations but i remove mine from ebid as soon as its sold.
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 23rd September 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

On the flip side of this coin

I have been wanting to buy a new mobile phone and had a look on ebid to compare notes with other sites
    I found a seller who is selling a phone about £40 cheaper then anyone else anywhere but sadly he has a few bad feedback recently and theres a 21 day waiting time for delivery !
    I've exchanged messages but was not sure about the details of the response
    so basically i'm umming and arring wondering if i should take the risk or not
    The add has now ended so i'll see if he relists it and then decide if i should bite the bullet and ignore the latest negative feedback or not
    I'm not sure if i might end up waiting 21 days only to then try to get a refund or if the negative feedback was justified against him or not
    Its a really nice phone !! lol
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 23rd September 2013 at 03:51 PM.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    On the flip side of this coin

I have been wanting to buy a new mobile phone and had a look on ebid to compare notes with other sites
    I found a seller who is selling a phone about £40 cheaper then anyone else anywhere but sadly he has a few bad feedback recently and theres a 21 day waiting time for delivery !
    I've exchanged messages but was not sure about the details of the response
    so basically i'm umming and arring wondering if i should take the risk or not
    The add has now ended so i'll see if he relists it and then decide if i should bite the bullet and ignore the latest negative feedback or not
    I'm not sure if i might end up waiting 21 days only to then try to get a refund or if the negative feedback was justified against him or not
    Its a really nice phone !! lol
    What's this sellers overall number of feedbacks...low? high?

Yes, its a shame, I would like to buy everything from ebid but apart from the limited choice you have to think about the feedback.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

18 feedback or 20 minus 2 negative but one was refunded and i suspect so was the second one or he would not be still active
    don't worry about it mate
    either i decide to take a chance or not
    if you see me crying in 3 to 4 weeks your know lol

Thread Information