Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost my 1st Month here

View tazzydjr's Feedback (+314)
    All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Almost my 1st Month here

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    You cannot rely on Christmas, school holidays, summer, winter for sales.

Follow the advice on here and hopefuly youll get some sales. Just remember ebid does not have anywhere near as many memebrs as ebay.
    Hey Julie,

I've done pretty much everything even tweet about my ebid on twitter almost everyday and i can see ebid becoming just as big as eB*y in time to come the way eB*y are bullying sellers

Thanks
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
    Hey Julie,

I've done pretty much everything even tweet about my ebid on twitter almost everyday and i can see ebid becoming just as big as eB*y in time to come the way eB*y are bullying sellers

Thanks
    Good to be positive.
    But ebay have been bullying their sellers for years and most of them are still there.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good to be positive.
    But ebay have been bullying their sellers for years and most of them are still there.
    Because they are selling over there. I Have nearly 400 listings on here but no sales. I have 15 items over there and 3 sales this week up to now & higher prices than here
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Hey Julie,

Thanks
    Its good to have hope.

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good to be positive.
    I also migrated over here from Ebay recently. I sold mainly books starting at 99p and had a constant trickle of sales, but the recent changes have made it almost impossible not to lose money on low value items and as much as I enjoy internet selling, I'm not prepared to end up paying for the privelage. I feel that more and more people are LOOKING for alternative platforms and eBid seems to be the place we're heading to. A lot are testing this site and listing on both (I will not until they reverse some of the anti-seller changes)

The way I look at it, on eBid you can list and it stays here so instead of the constant inputting (due to me using free listing facilities only with maximum 10 day visibility) on ebay with an 'at best' 300 listings a month...I can just potter along and keep adding to my list of auctions. I'm not convinced, as yet, that it's worth investing the £49.99 to open a Platinum account but I'm open to change my opinion depending on how my standard seller account performs. Above all this site is so much more enjoyable,.life can be a pain so anything that makes it a little easier/happier should be appreciated.

I was expecting Ebay to react to the huge negative reaction/exodus of smaller sellers and then reverse some of the changes but it must be obvious to anyone that they planned this all along. They are continuing to make further changes that are adding to seller's problems (guaranteed returns/refunds for example) these rules normally apply to business sellers and in my opinion that is what Ebay now want..just business sellers. More and more disillussioned smaller/private sellers will head here, we must ensure they stay and bring their buying power with them. So we must keep listing, more obscure/hard to find items that will ensure the collector is interested, lots of popular items at competitive rates will keep the casual browser satified. We can compete with ebay and the more people know about us the better. I've been lucky to have had 3 sales in the last 2 weeks and on the reverse of the parcels, along with the return address I've written 'ANOTHER ITEM FOUND THROUGH EBID' a small gesture I know but it's a start to getting the general public to be aware that THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE.
    Last edited by Spot50; 11th October 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    Because they are selling over there. I Have nearly 400 listings on here but no sales. I have 15 items over there and 3 sales this week up to now & higher prices than here
    I have been here 2 months now and still no sales if the views are any thing to go by the interest is there and my prices are lower here, I know I have not got many items listed at the moment but I am not very computer savvy and setting up a shop at the moment is a bit daunting. Any advice will be appreciated, I am not a business, just trying to raise some money to pay the bills.

View tazzydjr's Feedback (+314)
    All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    I have been here 2 months now and still no sales if the views are any thing to go by the interest is there and my prices are lower here, I know I have not got many items listed at the moment but I am not very computer savvy and setting up a shop at the moment is a bit daunting. Any advice will be appreciated, I am not a business, just trying to raise some money to pay the bills.
    I use twitter to help along with for example i sell football programme's i use football programme forum to also promote stuff on here, i think this site is far user friendly than the rival's i were taking losses on eBay then i questioned PayPal to add Micro-payments to my account they had no problem in doing and should be active very soon which will mean i save some sort of money, also been told Facebook is a very handly tool to promote this place aswell and also plug my auction's atleast once a day and keep people updated
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    join the ebid knitting pattern pinterest board and try to pin all your patterns (a few a day)
    http://www.pinterest.com/ebidnet/kni...terns-on-ebid/

Youve also just sold 3 items

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    join the ebid knitting pattern pinterest board and try to pin all your patterns (a few a day)
    http://www.pinterest.com/ebidnet/kni...terns-on-ebid/

Youve also just sold 3 items
    Thank you for you advice and help just got to figure it all out now as I said not very computer savvy, had to go to a free class to learn how to sell online which I have only been doing since June this year and prefer ebid for the friendliness and advice given to anybody asking questions which I have noticed when reading the posts.

Thank you once again.
    Thank you once again.

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

I use twitter to help along with for example i sell football programme's i use football programme forum to also promote stuff on here, i think this site is far user friendly than the rival's i were taking losses on eBay then i questioned PayPal to add Micro-payments to my account they had no problem in doing and should be active very soon which will mean i save some sort of money, also been told Facebook is a very handly tool to promote this place aswell and also plug my auction's atleast once a day and keep people updated
    Thank you for your reply and advice, not sure what micro payments are will have to find out more,

Thread Information