eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sales n Purchases Made on eBid October :-)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sales n Purchases Made on eBid October :-)

Well let's continue on into October. Someone started in August with a thread on purchases on eBid........in September it was expanded to sales and purchases on eBid. So how about continuing with sales and purchases on eBid, with a twist (let's plan).

You can reference the September thread here: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...d-in-September-)

Practical Recommendations Offerred to eBid's Sellers

* List more and in a consistent manner (establish a realistic routine, ie, list at least 2-3 days/week)

* Prepare your listings carefully, giving thought to keyword rich titles & descriptions

* Prepare your listings carefully by following criterior for inclusion in Google Shopping uploads (click on link below): http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

* Search competitive sites, etc for pricing comparisons of same or similar products you sell on eBid

* Lower your price by a few percentage basis to increase your item's sale potential (do not sell at a loss).

* Offer fair s/h fees to your buyers; be willing to offer options in shipping (at buyer expense) if requested. Shipping preferences can also be set automatically or mentioned in your T&C's.

* Listen carefully when buyers indicate items they have looked for and can not find here. Consider offering that product line if feasible (available to list or source competitively).

* Listen carefully when buyers specifically state that they found particular items priced higher here then else where; particularly if the fee structure else where is higher then here. Consider lowering your prices by a few percentage basis to be compeitive but not incur loss.

* Remain open to suggestions offerred by fellow eBidders on improving your sales here.

* Check out eBid's October Newsletter. It is packed with many practical strategies for enhancing your seller profile here. http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...id-Newsletters

BURGYEB's SHORT/MID RANGE eBID SELLER's PLAN

I been giving some thought to short range/mid range selling plan on eBid (Mines):

Assess and adjust current listings to increase sales potential (only have 275 listings now, so not too labor intensive)

Establish a realistic listing plan and stick to it, ie, list at least 2 days/week

Focus new listings to fill up low and empty store categories (mines - I have plenty to choose from)

Identify "hot selling categories" and add products to my already low/empty store categories

Start this month......like now........why wait?........

Seller Goal: To reach a sell through rate of at least 1-3% of total eBid listings/total listings value daily, within 6 months or less.

BEGINNING STATISTICS - OCTOBER 2013

Start Total Number of Lisings in October 2013: 276
    Number of Sales in October Currently: 0
    1% of Total Listings : 2.76 ( 3 listings daily - selling goal minimum)
    3% of Total Listings : 8.28 ( 8 listings daily - selling goal maximum)

Start Bid Prices : $0.30 thru $1499.00
    Total Listings Value: $4,355.94 thru $5,023.97
    Average Total Listing Value : $15.78 thru $18.20 (mathematical average)

Default Re: Sales n Purchases Made on eBid October :-)

3 sales yesterday for me.

"I just picked a seller at Random. Member for 3,766 days. Feedback from Buyers 1,738. Let's just say half buyers only left feedback so assume 3,476 sales average $5.00 each.

After over ten years this is an average of $1,883.00 per year. I have calculated others with similar results. Some higher yearly average some lower but have yet to see enough to sustain life." quote from Al in previous thread.

I agree Al not too many making a living from sales here, but I also suspect not so many doing so elsewhere these days. Even B&M sellers are struggling. The biggest supermarket chain here in the UK reported huge drop in sales & profits only yesterday !!

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Burgeyb; I am with you. I try to list something every day if I can. I have quite a labour intensive day, I am out at sales most days and I list elsewhere but I think ebid has potential so I am here for the long run.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think consistently adding to listings is a very useful strategy. It really has worked for me. I went from hardly selling to regular sales - and the sales graph keeps climbing as I list more. 10 items per day is pretty much my minimum now (but most are scanned which is less effort than taking photographs) and I don't have a day job (apart from running the house and walking the dog).

(2 sales so far this month)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

One sale yesterday, one today. But worth £101 between them.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Burgeyb; I am with you. I try to list something every day if I can. I have quite a labour intensive day, I am out at sales most days and I list elsewhere but I think ebid has potential so I am here for the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I think consistently adding to listings is a very useful strategy. It really has worked for me. I went from hardly selling to regular sales - and the sales graph keeps climbing as I list more. 10 items per day is pretty much my minimum now (but most are scanned which is less effort than taking photographs) and I don't have a day job (apart from running the house and walking the dog).

(2 sales so far this month)
    Well I plan to follow through with a listing strategy, even if modest. Congratulations to all of the sellers reporting early sales in October.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

So far so good……

I going to keep statistics because I work most of time day or night, so not much plenty of times free….not even weekends…

October:
    UK Sellers = 3
    USA Sellers = 0
    Rest of the world Sellers = 0

Combined all items sold from these 3 sellers = 8 items….
    Combined total listing items from these 3 Sellers = 6,393

6,393/8 gives us for now: about 0, 001, 3 % total all combined sales….

Total worth of sales 101.00 GBP, Rest of ‘’unknown’’…

Total worth of sales PROFIT ‘’unknown’’….

Ok, let’s roll for next day or next seller or sellers who report own sales in any way….....

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like your statistics Dzambo, very specific with the unknowns designated.

The statistics also help keep a sharp view of "reported" sales, contrasting location of seller. However, statistics will always fall short of reaching the mark, as reported figures are always the tip of the iceberg. I only wish that some of the actively selling USA sellers, would post to this thread, or in the forums, about their selling experiences here and "abroad".

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    So far so good……

I going to keep statistics because I work most of time day or night, so not much plenty of times free….not even weekends

October:

Ok, let’s roll for next day or next seller or sellers who report own sales in any way….....
    Dzambo, could I possibly interest you in a "robotic employee". It is so sad to see one of my fellow eBidders working so hard, that there is no time even for a vacation. And with all of your expendable cash flow, you could even allow me to be included in the statistics.

Please consider visiting my plug thread and taking decisive action.

Thread Information