eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sales n Purchases Made on eBid October :-)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sales n Purchases Made on eBid October :-)

Come on.. Dzambo's "Statistics" are as flawed as is possible.

Self-reporting is selective to say the least.

We have self-reported just what we felt like saying.

I posted to encourage. I resent him taking my anecdotal information and pretending it is statistically significant.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    So far so good……
    No it is not good.

This is spurious statistics produced from an extreamly small sample of data collected from an very small subset of eBid sellers.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I agree with Madeaine, not a big enough sample to extrapolate. I just checked the front page and out of the Hot sellers only 6 I recognise as posting regularly in the forums. Also not one of the sellers in the front page selling list posts here. So that alone shows how in-acurate such statements are.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well nothing significantly significant can be drawn from the statistics as it is not being randomly done. Self reporting is selective and subjective, but then so are most, if not all descriptive studies. Descriptive studies are not random, not controlled, not scientifically or experimentally sound. However, they are acceptable as a non-scientific way to describe certain phenomena.

The only segment I am interested in is the "reporting of anything" from USA sellers concerning their sales successes or failures. Also the differences by location of the "reporting of anything" r/t to sales on eBid.

P.S Hot Seller behavior is dramatically different in the UK & the USA. Reportdly only 6 hot sellers post regularly in the forums (UK). Hot Sellers in the USA never or extremely rarely post in the forum.

"Significance" : Massive. "Interprepretation" (Subjective, Non-Experimental) = That at least UK sellers have successful role models who come into the forums. They give useable advise to UK sellers and others. USA sellers here have no such role models. USA sellers lag significantly behind UK sellers.

Hypothesis: Lack of successful USA seller role models is negatively impacting USA sellers from selling on eBid.

Recommendation: Descriptive correlational study to determine feasibility of hypothesis

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

You’re right ‘’Burg’’….our UK ‘’Friends’’ always find out to go ‘’around’’ but anyway like I already write I always trying to post stuff for average for ALL…

But regarding this thread you ‘’Burg’’ started we going to keep this in exactly line which is consider sales in here in month by month ONLY for these sellers who report these sales in this thread…

And that mean this is not be any proof how sales in here, because many sellers will NOT report own sales for many various reasons….BUT at least will give us ‘’a little’’ piece from that ….

So…in the end is not THAT pointless much because we have already some who report sales….I just trying to add other ‘’features’’ likes:
    Location of the seller
    How many sales combined (in numbers?)
    How much money combined (if reported?)
    How much profit combined (if reported?)
    And finally how many combined has listed total items…

After that at least we will have some numbers likes: how many items sold vs how many items listed and after that we can see total % from that…

Again I not saying this is orientation for whole site is just ONLY for those who report that stuff in this exactly thread…(for other thread I will always keep my opinion but for this thread I just can post what I see or what someone report)

So…again let’s ball roll and I hope many other will join, just report sales a best you could all other ‘’extra features’’ I will count on top of that…don’t be scare…sales is sales…let’s go…

P.S. ‘’Burg’’ thanks again….USA ‘’Land of opportunity’’ ….all is up to you, especially if you’re ‘’a little younger’’ …work…work…what else….in my older days I will think for ‘’other stuff’’ but I will not depend on Government or any social stuff….good day to you ‘’Burg’’…....

P.S. And by the way If eBid post TOTAL sales monthly on front page and in that way we will not be that busy or ‘’guessing’’ this or that…is just like total listed items in here….if someone say we going up or we going down, I will say ‘’just look’’ official’’ information….
    So....what anyone think about that:
    This is good idea (why ?)
    Or this is not good idea (why ?)
    To eBid post total sales numbers....

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

I rather like the idea of a percentage of sales verses listings.
    The thread about monthly sales is a good idea.
    But you can't get carried away with it, as not everyone on this site posts.
    But at least it does give some idea, and so far, I've come to the conclusion, that low value items are best.
    But I am happy to be corrected

As for statistics, anyone can claim anything with statistics ~ just ask any government.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post

And that mean this is not be any proof how sales in here, because many sellers will NOT report own sales for many various reasons….BUT at least will give us ‘’a little’’ piece from that ….

So…in the end is not THAT pointless much because we have already some who report sales….I just trying to add other ‘’features’’ likes:
    Location of the seller
    How many sales combined (in numbers?)
    How much money combined (if reported?)
    How much profit combined (if reported?)
    And finally how many combined has listed total items…

After that at least we will have some numbers likes: how many items sold vs how many items listed and after that we can see total % from that…

Again I not saying this is orientation for whole site is just ONLY for those who report that stuff in this exactly thread…(for other thread I will always keep my opinion but for this thread I just can post what I see or what someone report)

So…again let’s ball roll and I hope many other will join, just report sales a best you could all other ‘’extra features’’ I will count on top of that…don’t be scare…sales is sales…let’s go…
    Well I think we all agree that the numbers can not be used to draw conclusions about sales on eBid. Self reporting is selective and many will opt not to report their sales activities. The few sellers who are willing to self report are an encouragement to other sellers. I am always pleased to hear about sellers who sell successfully here. I just would really like to hear some success stories coming from USA sellers. This is normal to want.

I would love to see sales facts published by eBid; than this type of activity would not be needed. Asking questions is never pointless, as long as the answers are not used to say something that they don't say. Ironically, descriptive studies often ask similar questions when trying to describe something. They also realize that they can not "prove anything", draw conclusions, or make generalizations, based on their subjective information.

Thank you for your imput Dzambo.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    I rather like the idea of a percentage of sales verses listings.
    The thread about monthly sales is a good idea.
    But you can't get carried away with it, as not everyone on this site posts.
    But at least it does give some idea, and so far, I've come to the conclusion, that low value items are best.
    But I am happy to be corrected

As for statistics, anyone can claim anything with statistics ~ just ask any government.
    Low value items do seem to sell well on eBid. But I have heard various sellers say that they sold items for 1 GBP and then 20 GBP, and also more than 100 GBP for only 2 sales. So it seems the best approach is to have low cost (up to 1 GBP or up to $1), mid-range pricing, higher range pricing, etc. This way you have the ability to attract more levels of buyers.

There are buyers out there with a great deal of expendable money, that can be turned off by the perception that only low cost items are available. eBid needs to be able to attract these type of buyers. We do have "power buyers" on eBid, but I never see the USA ones frequent the forums either.

I would rather sell (700) $1.00 items per day than (1) $1000 item per month. It is quite obvious who is making the most money. However, I would definately prefer to sell (700) $1000 items per day, than to sell (700) $1.00 items per day. In reality it is just as easy to do both depending on the type of buyers you are dealing with.

In terms of eBids future growth, more eBid sellers are going to need to be willing to list more high end costly items, if those power buyers are going to be attracted to the site. Right now many potential buyers are complaining because they can not find items they are looking for here. I can list a $2000 item as cheaply as a $1.00 item on eBid (both free to list). I do not mind paying eBid 2% of either amount if I can make a sale. I would rather sell the higher cost item, but a sale is a sale, and I'm always happy when I make a sale.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well….for today as I see we don’t have any more new report….this is ‘’exactly’’ what I suspect….business as usual just go around and wrap these stuff in ‘’zillion’’ other threads or older ones…
    And in that way is very hard to track anything closer….but ‘’popping up’’ time to time on other threads ‘’sales’’ in words or some numbers will always confuse and hard to find out what is what for exactly…

My man ‘’’’Burg’’ start nice thread for September, a little late but for October is on time and after 2 days everything starts ok…reports pop up in ONE THREAD…but look now is all around…spreading and hard to follow…

Oh…well….probably my ‘’extra features’’ cause that…..I mean number of sales...money...profit…total listed items…

And now what we have for potential members to find out much easier if one stuff is ‘’located’’ all in one thread, we have now ‘’again’’ hard to find out at least what is going on a little closer….’’just a little closer’’…

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The other thing to think about with low value sales is that ebid has just as much work to do and they only make a very small fvf.

So we all need to try to list more higher value stuff and buy more higher value stuff.

Thread Information