Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Would you be interested in books on rock/pop stars, bands, history of music etc?

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Would you be interested in books on rock/pop stars, bands, history of music etc?

I'm going round all the subject boards at the moment (hope I'm not breaking any rules) to try and get some feedback. I'm a newbie on eBid with loads of books, on many different subjects, waiting to be listed, but I want to give priority to the subjects that are likey to sell. So the question is would you be interested in books on your favourite rock or pop star? What about you preferred style of music or the history of it? Is there a market for these types of books? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would you be interested in books on rock/pop stars, bands, history of music etc?

Hi and welcome to eBid.

A big reader myself (and small book seller) but I mostly read old European histories and the occasional biography of historic figures/personalities, so not sure I'm the best to answer this question. As a seller I've had some luck with selling non-fiction books, more so than fiction, but that's just my experience.

You might want to check the sold items (click on the advanced search and tick the box to show sold items) to give you an idea of what kinds of books sell on eBid; alternatively you could check out the book stores on eBid and see what's listed.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

PS - Probably the best place to post a thread like this is in the Kitchen Table (KT) section of the forum as you're likely to get more replies.
    Last edited by suesjools; 6th October 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would you be interested in books on rock/pop stars, bands, history of music etc?

Have you got any books on Spam with the Spam song in it?

Forum Lurker
    West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Spot50's Feedback (+152)
    All-About Spot50
    View Spot50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Have you got any books on Spam with the Spam song in it?
    Not specifically the Spam song but a few Monty Python books are available.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ooh, I love Monty Python!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

well....i have one or two of the type of Books that you mention, and i guess that they haven't been listed for all that long....at least in Ebid terms. Unfortunately views of these titles hasn't been exactly inspiring, but.... as you know ....if you don't list them, then you'll not sell them. But....i can tell you what type of Book i have found to be saleable, and these are local history titles, you know the sort of thing " Bristol in the 1930s" and so on, especially when they're filled with many historical photographs.
    On another site i had a degree of good fortune when selling technical motor manuals.

Thread Information