Thread: Lisiting HELP Please

Forum Newbie
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About Manor44
    View Manor44's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Lisiting HELP Please

Hi
    I am relatively new to eBid and slowly trying to get use to the various categories and listing formats. Having encountered a few problems I have had to raise a HELP flag for some clarification and will be grateful for some advice.

Single items present no problem. Where I am confused is when I attempt to list an item with multiple variations i.e for size and colour.

Recently I attempted to list a child's raincoat that was available in Small, Medium and Large all of the same colour. eBid's catagories for an item of girls clothing is based on size and age range e.g. 4-5: 5-6 etc. An item that is labelled as SMALL may cover 2/3 of these age groups and when I attempted to list in the different age categories many items were deleted as presumably being duplicate listings. So how does one list an item that is of a particular size that covers more than one age category? Would be easy if all children of a particular age were all the same size !!!!

Additionally, having searched the Help files I eventually found that there is no facility on eBid to list items that have multiple variations in one listing. Am I correct in assuming that an item that comes in 4 different colours and 5 different sizes would need 20 separate listings to cover the whole range available for sale? Also if I wanted to list this item in two different categories e.g.Men's Clothing/ Sweatshirts as well as Sportswear, it would need 40 listings and the Sportswear headings would have to be different to those in the Sweatshirt category

I would appreciate some guidance please since it is so easy to fall foul of the rules before one even gets a chance to get up and running.
    Many Thanks

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Lisiting HELP Please

Am I correct in assuming that an item that comes in 4 different colours and 5 different sizes would need 20 separate listings to cover the whole range available for sale?
    Yep! Once you list that item the first time all you have to do from there is "List Similar Item" (you'll see that option when you have successfully listed the first one). Then all you have to do is pop in the new size and/or color each time..it actually goes pretty fast!

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Yep! Once you list that item the first time all you have to do from there is "List Similar Item" (you'll see that option when you have successfully listed the first one). Then all you have to do is pop in the new size and/or color each time..it actually goes pretty fast!
    So when you use the 'list similar' option, do you then have to give it a different title to avoid the duplicate listing thing?

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

So when you use the 'list similar' option, do you then have to give it a different title to avoid the duplicate listing thing?
    Yes. Say your listing title was Girls Crinkle Top with Collar Size 4 in Blue

When you list similar simply pop in the new size and/or color to the listing title and any other reference(s) down in your description.

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went and had a look-see on your listings...take advantage of the 80 characters we are given for listing titles! Jam everything you can in them if possible.

Example:
    Your listing for the Cath Kidston book ... Try this title instead maybe?
    Cath Kidston SEW! Making Patterns Hems & Edges Seams Fastenings Quilting Decorating (notice I deleted all the commas, etc.)

I also noticed you have it in an eBid category that might not get you many views...Try this cat instead maybe?
    Books : Non Fiction : Crafts & Sewing : Sewing & Needlework

You might find you get better views...just MHO .. all the best!

Ah, right, thanks

Forum Newbie
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About Manor44
    View Manor44's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    I was keeping my fingers crossed that there was another system that would eliminate having to list each item individually. Would a listing that had a pic of the four sweatshirts in Gallery with a detailed listing of the sizes available etc. in the item description where the buyer could then email size and colour required once the purchase has been made or would this be a violation of a policy that may be lurking somewhere within the rules & regulations?

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would a listing that had a pic of the four sweatshirts in Gallery with a detailed listing of the sizes available etc. in the item description where the buyer could then email size and colour required once the purchase has been made or would this be a violation of a policy that may be lurking somewhere within the rules & regulations?
    To my knowledge, the answer would be no. You'll have to do individual listings...

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Multi-variations is something a lot of sellers have asked for. Would make it much better and probably encourage more people to come over from other sites to list here. Would also make it much easier for buyers to rather than hike through loads of listings.

I have sent an email to the boys as they don't appear to have noticed the many requests placed on the forum including, I think, one on website suggestions.

The boys are usually quick and helpful in their responses so when I get one I will post the reply on here.

Hope they will consider it.

Thread Information