eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebid API

Exclamation ebid API

Hi Ebid

When you going let API available soon as make lot easy to sell on here.
    I think get lot more poeple using ebid too.

I have asked over three years ago my reply was very soon.

Any more update on when you going release it.
    Ebid Store for quality compatible and remanufactured inkjet cartridges

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/North-Wales-Inks

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid API

Yes a lot of people say there would be more listings if ebid had an API.

It woudl be good if they told us they were wokring on it, or if they did not want to do one.

A bump and another vote.
    Today , got a message that Blackthorne was being put into "retirement" so, went and grabbed SixBit on their special offer for BT Pro users. Noticed that Sixbit does not *just* work with the-place-not-to-be-named anymore - they are developing it to work with other places (like Etsy, Bonanzle, Etc.) - Definitely is becoming a *pressing* need for eBid to develop an API, and may I suggest (strongly) that they might do VERY WELL to partner with , or at least work closely with, SixBit to develop one. - The exposure by getting it set up to work with SixBit and all their users (Many are enterprise power users like myself - shipped over 1300 packages this past month alone just from *cough*theBay*cough* sales - Would LOVE to easily migrate those same high selling listings over to eBid - Have been working at it in fits and starts as there is spare time available to import EB listings (to TL) then export TL to import to NL, revise and edit (and obviously, remove all the EB references and stuff) and then upload listings - If there were an API that would work with SixBit, would be able to list all those fast moving products over here as well, because I would not need to do all that manual editing for each item - Thus, generating more fees and revenue for eBid (and more profit for me! LOL!) - just imagine what one seller doing $13K USD/month in sales on here might generate - then multiply by a few dozen like me..

All I want for Christmas.. would be an eBid API!
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Newbie
    View srwheeler's Feedback (+238)
    All-About srwheeler
    View srwheeler's Listings
    Forum Posts

I work for an Internet retailer that sells a significant amount of items on eBay, Amazon and our own website. We've sold over 40,000 items on eBay alone. We currently sell something in the region of 2000 items a month and are looking to grow that significantly.

We are getting increasingly irritated at the way eBay and Amazon treat sellers so poorly and keep hiking their fees. I doubt that we are alone in feeling this way. If ever there was an opportunity for a realistic challenger to eBay, then now is the time.

We would love to be able to sell our products on eBid, but without an API that our back office system can use to interact with eBid, it's simply a non-starter. I have no doubt that other large sellers are of a similar view.

If eBid can develop an API, then the large sellers will arrive and they will price their items lower than they do on eBay thanks to the lower fees. All that would then need to happen is for the word to get out to the world at large that eBid has the range of products eBay does, but at more competitive prices. Then you'll see a mass defection from eBay to eBid. Without an API, eBid will simply remain in the shadows.

Just a small private seller but if there were KUDOS on here, I would certainly give them people.

Timing is essential and this is a great time for eBid. I am in ebay forums every night just now and the level of displeasure is very unsettling but a must watch. The changes they have already made and that are imminent will push people out. The buyer protection has gone over the line and there is a lot of opportunist issue.

A lot of small sellers over there too who's time may be limited due to the changes.

It might also be worth mentioning also that another big marketplace are pushing their small sellers out over the next couple of months.

I found eBid via a web search "alternative to ebay". I honestly hadn't heard of it before. So there needs to be some visibility also for eBid. I noted in recent weeks that Etsy have a TV campaign running just now, how apt.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for all the open and helpful information that the seasoned users on here are happy to share with the neewbie arrivals. Very healthy environment keep up the good stuff people, most refreshing.

Gang,

eBid supports the uploading of listings via spreadsheet.
    Turbolister can dump eBay listings to a file, that can be sucked into a spreadsheet.
    If I wrote a program that translated that Turbolister dump, into an eBid compatible spreadsheet, wouldn't that solve the issue of no API, for now?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

According to the June newsletter the API is finalised.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by ThinboardsDotCom View Post
    Gang,

eBid supports the uploading of listings via spreadsheet.
    Turbolister can dump eBay listings to a file, that can be sucked into a spreadsheet.
    If I wrote a program that translated that Turbolister dump, into an eBid compatible spreadsheet, wouldn't that solve the issue of no API, for now?
    If I've understood what you mean, you can do that anyway by importing turbo listers exported files into eBids Ninja Lister

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    According to the June newsletter the API is finalised.

I was reading that yesterday. Don't quite understand what it means.

We have our own online store, but the items have to be individually put into the spreadsheet to go on here, which is very time consuming.

As I understand the API, does it mean that all the items on our own store can automatically be put onto here?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    I was reading that yesterday. Don't quite understand what it means.

We have our own online store, but the items have to be individually put into the spreadsheet to go on here, which is very time consuming.

As I understand the API, does it mean that all the items on our own store can automatically be put onto here?
    As I understand it, if you know how to program then yes you should be able to make an app that would put your items from your store onto ebid. The API provides the hooks that are needed.

look at all the labour saving sites that are available for tos all of them use their api for functionality.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information