eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost into my 2nd Month on eBid

View tazzydjr's Feedback (+314)
    All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Almost into my 2nd Month on eBid

I could understand no sales in my first month but 2nd Month here and still no sales do people who browse the online Market even know this place exists i've done everything including using twitter on a regular basis and Football Football Programme forum's to promote this place and it still seem dead even though its far cheaper than eB*y
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

Default Re: Almost into my 2nd Month on eBid

Quote Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
    I could understand no sales in my first month but 2nd Month here and still no sales do people who browse the online Market even know this place exists i've done everything including using twitter on a regular basis and Football Football Programme forum's to promote this place and it still seem dead even though its far cheaper than eB*y
    But these items you are selling here have gone unsold on the bay at cheaper prices.

Football programmes on here at £2.19 have finished with no bids at 95p when you have listed them on the bay. The baseball caps are 3 for £9.75 but individually they didn't sell at 95p each when you last put them on the bay.

Postage for 3 baseball caps = £7.99 ? One football programme the postage is £2.65.

Just about every person on here will have an ebay account, so you need to be realistic in your expectations. If your items are not selling very well on the bay then you are not going to get an avalanche of sales at higher prices than they didn't sell for over there.

Ok deanosaur1972, I'm going to keep that in mind as I list new items. I'm just trying the site out and want to give it the best possible shot that I can, being another Ebay refugee. I notice that my pictures don't appear as sharp and clear on this site as they do on eb. I'm going to try a different camera and light and see if that helps. I really want this to work and determined that it will!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gramstreasures View Post
    I notice that my pictures don't appear as sharp and clear on this site as they do on eb. I'm going to try a different camera and light and see if that helps. I really want this to work and determined that it will!
    Have a look at the sharpen & clarity tools on picmonkey (free). Easily done in seconds.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

It helps to attract buyers if you have different types of things in your store. Are there a few more unwanted household items at home that you could list, or unwanted clothes? Are there other types of sport memorabilia that you could list alongside the football programmes? I have been on eBid 3 months and I am still building up 3 stores. I have had some sales, but they have all been via the forums so far.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't give up yet. It took me three months before my first sale...since then it has got better and better.

All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    But these items you are selling here have gone unsold on the bay at cheaper prices.

Football programmes on here at £2.19 have finished with no bids at 95p when you have listed them on the bay. The baseball caps are 3 for £9.75 but individually they didn't sell at 95p each when you last put them on the bay.

Postage for 3 baseball caps = £7.99 ? One football programme the postage is £2.65.

Just about every person on here will have an ebay account, so you need to be realistic in your expectations. If your items are not selling very well on the bay then you are not going to get an avalanche of sales at higher prices than they didn't sell for over there.
    It costs a fortune to sent one baseball cap via Royal Mail & there are 2 different types of cap's listed With tags and Without if you actually read the listing? hence the price difference and the programme postage is right if you check it up with the royal mail site? plus package and jiffy bag aren't cheap
    Last edited by tazzydjr; 3rd November 2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

Pricing seems to be a common mistake that people make when moving from eBay. As Dean says why list on eBid for more than eBay when an item does not sell at that higher price?

Here on eBid we have a massive price advantage and sellers can sell at 8% less and still gain. Myself I tend to list at about 5% lower than I would on eBay. That leaves me with a slightly higher margin to make up a little for slower sales but still leaves me in a very competitive position price wise.

At those prices the breakdown on a typical item is this:

Item on eBay:

Sell for £10 with shipping of £3 giving total of £13
    FVF @ 9.9% of £13 = £1.29
    Paypal fees @ 3.4% + £0.20 of £13 = £0.64

Total fees £1.93

Out of £10 you get £8.17

Sell for £9.50 on eBid with £3 shipping giving total of £12.50:
    FVF 2% of £9.50 = £0.19
    Paypal fees 3.4% + £0.20 of £12.50 = £0.63

Total fees £0.82.

Out of £9.50 you get £8.68.

The eBid figures presume you are a Seller+.

So even with a lower price you are £0.51 better off, that is 5% cheaper for your buyer and you are 5% better off, a definite win win situation. And for many sellers there are additional saving compared to eBay on listing fees and store fees.

In short you are better off listing for less on eBid than eBay and you will have a chance of making the sales. Absolute madness not to use this to your advantage.

All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Pricing seems to be a common mistake that people make when moving from eBay. As Dean says why list on eBid for more than eBay when an item does not sell at that higher price?

Here on eBid we have a massive price advantage and sellers can sell at 8% less and still gain. Myself I tend to list at about 5% lower than I would on eBay. That leaves me with a slightly higher margin to make up a little for slower sales but still leaves me in a very competitive position price wise.

At those prices the breakdown on a typical item is this:

Item on eBay:

Sell for £10 with shipping of £3 giving total of £13
    FVF @ 9.9% of £13 = £1.29
    Paypal fees @ 3.4% + £0.20 of £13 = £0.64

Total fees £1.93

Out of £10 you get £8.17

Sell for £9.50 on eBid with £3 shipping giving total of £12.50:
    FVF 2% of £9.50 = £0.19
    Paypal fees 3.4% + £0.20 of £12.50 = £0.63

Total fees £0.82.

Out of £9.50 you get £8.68.

The eBid figures presume you are a Seller+.

So even with a lower price you are £0.51 better off, that is 5% cheaper for your buyer and you are 5% better off, a definite win win situation. And for many sellers there are additional saving compared to eBay on listing fees and store fees.

In short you are better off listing for less on eBid than eBay and you will have a chance of making the sales. Absolute madness not to use this to your advantage.
    If RM were more fairer with postage costs then i would be able to be accurate with postage prices but when i posted my first ever team gb cap i got charged a fortune (shocked when i saw the receipt) for the privilege of sending by RM recorded i would send by standard post but after eb*y i don't trust the internet altogether when sending things rather be safe than end up out of pocket

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    Don't give up yet. It took me three months before my first sale...since then it has got better and better.
    Ditto this, it took me a while to get started, too. Also, as mentioned above, the more items you list the better, as it gives potential buyers more choices. Also you might want to consider international shipping if you don't already; at least half of my sales have been to overseas buyers.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information