eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost into my 2nd Month on eBid

Default Re: Almost into my 2nd Month on eBid

Quote Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
    It costs a fortune to sent one baseball cap via Royal Mail & there are 2 different types of cap's listed With tags and Without if you actually read the listing? hence the price difference and the programme postage is right if you check it up with the royal mail site? plus package and jiffy bag aren't cheap
    With the new Small Parcel sizes you can send 3 (possibly 30) baseball caps for £2.75 2nd class or £3.00 1st class. Using a courier you could probably send 100 for £7.99.

For the programme if you protected it in cardboard it would still ship as a large Letter, if the weight was under 250g that would be £1.10 2nd or £1.20 1st if it was over 250g it would be £1.40 2nd or £1.60 1st.

Pricing and shipping costs are obviously up to the individual, but if you expect sales then you have to be realistic on both.

View tazzydjr's Feedback (+314)
    All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    With the new Small Parcel sizes you can send 3 (possibly 30) baseball caps for £2.75 2nd class or £3.00 1st class. Using a courier you could probably send 100 for £7.99.

For the programme if you protected it in cardboard it would still ship as a large Letter, if the weight was under 250g that would be £1.10 2nd or £1.20 1st if it was over 250g it would be £1.40 2nd or £1.60 1st.

Pricing and shipping costs are obviously up to the individual, but if you expect sales then you have to be realistic on both.
    I don't trust standard post especially after doing eb*y rather be safe and secure on sending items to have peace of mind than get some scammer coming along saying they haven't received their good's. I'm not suggesting scammer's operate on here and other sites just rather not risk being out of pocket i wish postage prices were them what you quote but by recorded its far more and have hundreds of receipts to prove this KB
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

I don't trust standard post especially after doing eb*y rather be safe and secure on sending items to have peace of mind than get some scammer coming along saying they haven't received their good's. I'm not suggesting scammer's operate on here and other sites just rather not risk being out of pocket i wish postage prices were them what you quote but by recorded its far more and have hundreds of receipts to prove this KB
    With either the Post Office or other couriers you can reclaim for lost or damaged items so the risk is theirs rather than yours. But if your total cost with shipping is too high then you will simply not make the sale. Personally I do not see the sense in sending an item priced at less than the compensation you would receive by recorded, you might not be covered by Paypal but you are still covered.

I could understand no sales in my first month but 2nd Month here and still no sales do people who browse the online Market even know this place exists i've done everything including using twitter on a regular basis and Football Football Programme forum's to promote this place and it still seem dead even though its far cheaper than eB*y
    For why I gathered,this place is a total different story from Ebay. They claimed,the more you list,the better your chances on making a sale.Also you could lower your prices,because of the lower fees.They also suggested "Buy it now" option.This way your items will also show on Googles searches,or something like that.I have also noticed the same type of thread,coming specially from newbies.Almost no sales,or no sales at all,when first joining Ebid.It seem probably normal.I know,I have being there,even know I don't list here that much,due mainly because what I sell don't come in large quantities ,and It seems like there is not much demand for it over here.
    All I can say is Hang in there.Keep listing and hopefully it will pick up for you.Don't cost anything to list and you can list as much as you want.
    Best wishes and lots of sales.

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am interested in buying a couple of your football programmes, but seen as they are not available to the USA, I have to look elsewhere?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fully understand the tracked postage connundrum, I do send tracked except for my very cheapest items. Had too many fake claims on the bay even WITH tracking (a couple not even backing down when I checked tracking, and someone of thier name had indeed signed for it at thier address...)
    If selling something VERY expensive, or a batch of things coming to over £50, though, on here, I throw in the tracked postage for free. Always make it clear: Tracking means a securer delivery system for both buyer and seller as there is the proof it has been sent. Yes, if you send with standard post and the item goes walkies or the buyer tries to pull a fast one, you can claim from the post office, but you also need to think about the buyer. They are far more likely to be understanding in that situation if you can prove it was posted! That goes for covering your back too. People these days are naturally wary, especially on a buying website they may not be familiar with. A fraudulent seller could also just offer untracked postage and claim the item was sent, when it wasnt.

A lot of claims upheld against you on paypal, even if *you* know they are fraudulent could affect your account on there - the only protection on that is to have the tracking numbers to hand.

Yes I would reccomend making your items available globally. You have nothing to loose by doing so, and prehaps all to gain.

I now make a good £200/ £300 on here a month, but it has taken me 4 years to reach that. My first sale wasnt for ages either.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could understand no sales in my first month but 2nd Month here and still no sales do people who browse the online Market even know this place exists i've done everything including using twitter on a regular basis and Football Football Programme forum's to promote this place and it still seem dead even though its far cheaper than eB*y
    You can't tell how long your first sale will take. My first posted item sold four hours after listing it. Others can find it takes a lot longer to get their first sale.

Maybe the difference was that when I left (voluntarily) eBay, in 2008, and moved across to eBid I spent a fair bit of time mooching around the site to find out how it works before listing my first item and adapted my listings to suit eBid (or maybe the fast sale was just a fluke). I also listened to the old timers as to what worked and what didn't - too many exBay (is that a new word?) sellers think they already know it all and have nothing to learn from others.

I think one of the biggest mistakes new sellers make is to believe that what works for them on eBay must work on any other auction site in existence. In an ideal world that would be true - but we don't live in an ideal world. Also to believe that a site with lower traffic is going to give them the same sell through rate of a site with much higher traffic. That is simply an unrealistic outlook.
    Last edited by astral276; 5th November 2013 at 03:42 PM.

View tazzydjr's Feedback (+314)
    All-About tazzydjr
    View tazzydjr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DancingForRain View Post
    I am interested in buying a couple of your football programmes, but seen as they are not available to the USA, I have to look elsewhere?
    DancingForRain You have a Private Message with More info sorry about the slow reply Thanks
    Please view my items you won't be disappointed http://uk.ebid.net/items/tazzydjr

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

It costs a fortune to sent one baseball cap via Royal Mail & there are 2 different types of cap's listed With tags and Without if you actually read the listing? hence the price difference and the programme postage is right if you check it up with the royal mail site? plus package and jiffy bag aren't cheap

Surely a baseball cap will pack flat, and go into a Jiffy bag as a large letter (£1.10). Add on the price of the Jiffy bag (10p), and you get a delivery cost of £1.20.

Most of your stuff will pack up at under 250gms, and 25mm thick, so anything over about £1.25 for p+p looks very expensive.

If you want to get started on this site, you have to modify your eBay methods, just like I did, and so many others.

I regularly list much lower than I did on eBay, and I don't get multiple bids, so I end up selling for much less.

But I want to build up a customer base, and listing is free, and I don't get the aggravation, and there are no dsrs, and feedback is mutual, and I can't be chucked off at a moment's notice, and the buyers are genuine, and the people here are friendly, and they are helpful, and more and more buyers and sellers are emigrating, and it's an exciting time to be here. And I like it.

So that's why I do it.

Thread Information