eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I met someone interesting from the other side today.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I met someone interesting from the other side today.

We had a chat over coffee.

Seems that they do not want business sellers to sell second hand goods. New goods only.

And they do not want casual sellers, who sell on a regular basis or who are selling new goods.

What he said was they are being slowly "phased out".

As far as the business sellers go, even if you sold second hand to start with, then sooner or later, your account will be looked at.

And they are looking at accounts who have caused problems for them.

Personnel accounts, that sell on a regular basis, even if claiming to be having a house clearance, or are selling new goods, or goods that were unwanted gifts, on a regular basis, would find their accounts also stopped. He said they have heard every excuse in the book, so it was just a straight out closed account, without redress.

In short they want business accounts, that only sell new items
    And the casual seller, who only sells now and again, and only used goods.

It's being done slowly, over a period of time.

From the people I know who have had problems, they were business sellers selling second hand clothing, jewellery or such.

My daughters friend had her account closed as she was a casual seller, who sold jewellery. She did make it herself, but did it to make money for unni.

But she sold each and every week, so that explains it.

Maybe this helps those who have had problems, maybe not.

But I felt it was worth knowing and am just passing it on, in case it does help explain things.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I met someone interesting from the other side today.

That more or less confirms what we refugees have inferred

"Pride cometh before a fall".
    More business for eBid. Yum, yum.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11880)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a similar chat with a pal who sells on the free listing days mostly; he'd bought a large postcard collection and needs to sell off duplicates to recoup some of the cost... but... now they want him to be a business seller as he is listing more and more often... well, by the end of our chat he said he will be on here soon, don't worry!

We all know that they only want a certain type of seller. What needs to happen is for a few more of those who still list over there to realise that as well. Even if all they do is to start listing here in order to start with they can learn the ropes for when that fateful email arrives, which it surely will do for thousands a month until eBay have only the sellers they want left. I would like to see it done by the sellers rather than eBay and leave their strategy lacking, a massive sudden exodus would really put the cat among the pigeons.

In the UK it is a requirement of distance selling consumer law that people selling goods that they have bought with the intention of reselling or have made or created with the intention of sale on a commercial basis must declare themselves to potential customers as business sellers.

Ebay review all member selling accounts on a regular basis. Regular means several times a year.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebay is restricting sellers from listing everymonth, by all accounts some 15000 plus go each month due to their DSR regime which they admit is only the customers opinion, you might sell something at three oclock get it in the post and it arrive next morning at 8 am , but if you have a grumpy buyer who is narked at having to get up and sign for the parcel as such a time, then you might just get 1's across the board. If you only sell 100 itens a year that could be enough to get you restricted from selling on ebay ever again. They are culling what was their bread and butter. It will back fire on them one day.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

I can see feebay announcing not so far in the distance that due to loss of revenue they've had to close their site down. Should this happen lets all hope those that sold on there will come over to us
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I can see feebay announcing not so far in the distance that due to loss of revenue they've had to close their site down. Should this happen lets all hope those that sold on there will come over to us
    I said on the forum over there some time ago that I suspect ebay UK will get swallowed up into .com or sold off in some way.
    I also said on their forum over the weekend that ALL sellers should have an emergency exit plan in place, even the ones that don't THINK they need it.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I also said on their forum over the weekend that ALL sellers should have an emergency exit plan in place, even the ones that don't THINK they need it.
    This is so true - always true - if I depended on this selling, I would be listing on multiple other sites as a matter of course.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

The point I was trying to make was ~ they are not closing down nor are they losing out in anyway.

For each account closed, another 2 or more open. Each and every day.

It's wishful thinking, to believe that a billion pound company do not plan on making another few millions.

And we've been doing that wishful thinking for nearly a decade now.

If you are serious about selling, you do what any professional does, and sell any where you can.

Which brings me to the "small" sellers.

What do we mean by small seller?

A small business or someone who sells and isn't a business?

That confused the gentleman I spoke to. All he said was, a business is a business, what ever their turnover is.

If you don't believe that they want small businesses, then look at the number of new small businesses, that were set up last week.

But at least this now gives this site a good chance, to getting the unhappy sellers, before they just give up.

But they need to think it will work here first, no one will part with their money, unless they think they can get it back. And that has to be done quickly, if you depend on the income.

This site has a lot to offer, but then you need to make sure, you really do want it to change to something nearly as big as the bay.

And it needs to get out there and make sure it is noticed.

Not just individual sellers, they do more than their bit to help, but the whole site.

Thread Information