eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else received this email?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has anyone else received this email?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    This is a quote from Mels post number 36

"As I said on another post, while eBid is paying then they can place whatever restrictions they like on what they will pay for."

That hits the nail on the head.
    I agree that its ebids site they can do as they wish.
    Yes I also agree that hits the nail on the head, but it does not give a seller an incentive to list high end items on this site, no will it give an incentive to newbie sellers to come here to list high end items. Its hard enough to get established here due to lack of advertising of the site.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmille View Post
    Just got the same email as the OP. time to move on elsewhere to sell? pity really.
    Had a look at a few of your listings and can't see how you could be faulted on presentation. Good, clear, plentiful images; attractive templates; good info; items well displayed. Can't comment on pricing. The only thing I would pick up is the links back to feebay.

I would query admin as to what they think is wrong. Though I suspect it is bot driven, so they likely wouldn't know.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that its ebids site they can do as they wish.
    Yes I also agree that hits the nail on the head, but it does not give a seller an incentive to list high end items on this site, no will it give an incentive to newbie sellers to come here to list high end items. Its hard enough to get established here due to lack of advertising of the site.
    I think you may find it's your bid/buy prices especially when you consider the £10 - £30+ difference in the auction price compared to the buynow.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Posts

Astral
    Thanks
    I have put part of the email in bold below -

number of your items are being listed for sale at Google Shopping but are resulting in non-performing click-throughs. This means that a substantial number of people are viewing your listings but are not purchasing the items once they have clicked through and viewed.This maybe because of a poor associated description, non-appealing images or that your pricing is out of sync with similar products at Google Shopping and not as competitive

My prices are fair prices, I have seen other sellers from other sites with the exact same item at higher prices, the only difference was their items were used whilst my items are new. So in reality their items should be priced well below mine.

Maybe buyers do not want to buy high end items on ebid?
    Well at least we know that buyers do find the items for sale on ebid going by the email, they just do not buy them.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have seen other sellers from other sites with the exact same item at higher prices, the only difference was their items were used whilst my items are new.
    New items are not vintage Trina.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    New items are not vintage Trina.
    The items I was referring to in my earlier post when comparing my prices ( new & used ) against sellers of the same exact items on other sites I was referring to the high end designer items.

Astral
    Thanks

number of your items are being listed for sale at Google Shopping but are resulting in non-performing click-throughs. This means that a substantial number of people are viewing your listings but are not purchasing the items once they have clicked through and viewed.This maybe because of a poor associated description, non-appealing images or that your pricing is out of sync with similar products at Google Shopping and not as competitive

My prices are fair prices, I have seen other sellers from other sites with the exact same item at higher prices, the only difference was their items were used whilst my items are new. So in reality their items should be priced well below mine.

Well at least we know that buyers do find the items for sale on ebid going by the email, they just do not buy them.
    "Vintage Collectable Staffordshire Stylecraft Fashion Plate Collectible" seems to be a duplicate listing?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    As it looks right now, I was the only one to receive the original email. So what is good reason for eBid to single me out for non Google exposure?
    No! I received it also. My Google feed was set to no. The funny thing is that without it I have had good view counts on things that I listed this morning. So now I wonder if we really need Google feed.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    No-one said yes.
    I got one. And that was with 6 sales in the last couple of months.

Astral
    Thanks

I just want to add the following... in my opinion...

You have luxury named fashion goods which will guarantee a high click through rate on GS.

One thing that doesn't help you on sales is the price differential between bid and buy - that would cost you a massive amount of sales. Bid £2.00 - Buy £39.99 ? The most likely sale is the BIN sale - just having a bid price gives the buyer something to think about and I am never keen on buyers having to think about things. But when the price difference is that big then the buy part will never (almost never) happen and there will be big question marks on the bid because of the (reserve not met) - ie: how much is the reserve price?

If you can just picture a buyer - sees the item for £39.99 - likes it and clicks through to the item - immediately the £2.00 (reserve not met) stops them in their tracks before they even look at the description. Buyers will often decide in a matter of seconds whether they want to purchase the item, but that would have stopped them because now they have to think about things. They have to think about what the reserve price is and that means they can't have item immediately because of the auction time..the vast majority will not pay the buy price because that would make them look ridiculous.. questions, questions.. seconds tick away and now all of sudden doubts are there...... and they go elsewhere to have a look around.

I have absolutely no idea about the competitive price of your items - I am not prepared to hunt around for dresses to find out however that strategy of your price differential is an absolute sale killer.

Thread Information