eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a deflated balloon

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I feel like a deflated balloon

I came to eBid and saw I had made a sale so was elated, buyer signed up just before buying my item. Now there is a line through their name and it says buyer is no longer active when I tried to send an invoice.

So now I feel deflated. I hope eBid prevented a scammer from getting to me instead of making it too hard for a new bidder to get signed up right. Guess I'll never know which it was.

Default Re: I feel like a deflated balloon

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I came to eBid and saw I had made a sale so was elated, buyer signed up just before buying my item. Now there is a line through their name and it says buyer is no longer active when I tried to send an invoice.

So now I feel deflated. I hope eBid prevented a scammer from getting to me instead of making it too hard for a new bidder to get signed up right. Guess I'll never know which it was.
    I think that eBid prevented a scammer in this case. Being nosy I had a look at the buyer - that place name they come from (m*d****o*n) rings alarm bells. That particular place has been detailed on the forums before - with many bogus accounts/non payment from the same person.

Hi youmeus,
    please don't feel deflated just yet.
    This has happened to me on several occasions.
    Mostly it is eBid doing security checks, especially if your newbie buyer has purchased several items, and possibly from other sellers.

It doesn't seem to happen if there are low cost items involved - I have sold lots of low value things to newbie buyers with no trouble at all.

Usually, when security checks have been made and all is well. the strike through will go away - then you can continue with your sale.
    If it doesn't - then you can thank the boys on eBid from saving you the hassle of dealing with a possible unpaid auction - or can assume that your buyer, like so many others, (sigh), just will not or cannot proceed with the verification process which should have been implemented before the buyer was allowed to place bids.
    As deano says - you have possibly been prevented from a bogus transaction from a scammer.
    I do hope that things will work out for you, and that you will achieve the sales that you deserve. xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the replys. I wasn't tooooooooooooooo upset, just disappointed. I know this happens and am glad I still have the item if I don't have the money.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I think that eBid prevented a scammer in this case. Being nosy I had a look at the buyer - that place name they come from (m*d****o*n) rings alarm bells. That particular place has been detailed on the forums before - with many bogus accounts/non payment from the same person.
    I think it is the same person who made a purchase from me today. I contacted eBid when I saw the message on my ASL and strike-through the name. I was told that the member will not be reinstated.

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the saying is "Misery loves company" but I'm sorry this happened to you. Wonder if he got many more people.

It's sad to see this, from you and a well renowned eBidder such as Jewels. I hopping that the eBid and others can withstand the onslaughts of the passer by that makes a day cumbersome. Don't quit and do not think you are Misery's company. Sometimes those types show up once in awhile.

I had one yesterday. Name struck through, no feedback, but quite a few buddy points, so the buyer must have done something really bad recently.

So don't feel bad, I suspect we are better off losing the sales.

Hmmm.Looks like jake got me too.I've already sent an invoice but why bother with a $1.59 item?Seems pointless to me.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm just glad that eBid were on top of things and prevented a sour transaction even before I could react to the sale. Kudos to them, this is what I call customer service at it's best.

Thread Information