Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are you one of the above?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Are you one of the above?

I have a lot (hundreds) of books and DVDs, which are slow sellers on ebid, I live in a tiny cramped bungalow with my mum, and due to space reasons, anything not sold will go to a carboot sale fundraising for my theatre group in the spring. (they will be taken off here first obviously so that there is no disappointments if someone wanted to buy. I do not see the harm in this - I would be more than delighted if everything sold here, in the interim, but if items listed for literal pennies & postage (bear in mind I am wanting them cleared), are not selling here, and my mother actually had a bad fall climbing over a pile of stuff because we have no where else to keep it, but as she knows my theatre group is badly in need of funds she has insisted I keep the items until they either sell here or I can take them to our carboot sale, when those start up again in the spring. That seems MORE than fair to me.

Will that make me a bad seller? No. I dont think so. Whatever I have listed, is what I have for sale. If I choose to take listings down, and to no longer stock something, then that is my descision.

I haven't sold elsewhere for a long time, so the original question is not an issue for me. We list things on eBid that we've accumulated or that our parents accumulated. Recently, I closed listings and gave some of the items to charity, as space is a factor. I have thousands of items to list. It all takes time. And listed items must be filed and stored.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am getting a little bored of this now.

Look its simple. I (and others who do this) am a business. What I do with my stock is my business. How I sell is my business. It is not ebids, ebays, the Queen's, the bucket at the end of the garden or your business.
    ebid & ebay (not the Queen) are an online sales venue. they provide a service, nothing more. They make charges for that service, which I/you or anyone else can pay in order to list their items for sale. I have paid my money to list and hopefully sell the said item. If ebid cannot sell it for me but ebay can, then I sell the thing and remove the duplicate listing from anywhere else I have chosen to put it.
    It is my responsibility as a professional to keep control of the stock levels to ensure it is not sold more than once. I do not owe the venue that did not sell the item anything more (other than the fees I paid when I joined up for life), period. In my opinion they failed me, not the other way around.
    ebid or any other venue is not "my mate" or someone I owe a favour to, its an outlet, if it fails as an outlet, that's their fault not mine, I am their customer.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to sell more here and see ebid from strength to strength. I have paid my lifetime fees and I am here for the long haul. I will support the site by listing here, if they cannot sell my items so be it, I will not put all my eggs in one basket (or bucket) and sit here moaning and complaining about lack of sales and go bankrupt or worse, have a large amount of stock that I am afraid to list elsewhere because ebid or you "might not like it."
    Last edited by kazeran; 17th December 2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: missed out a comma

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ultimate goal of most sellers is to sell their stuff. Makes sense not to put all of your eggs in one basket. Where ever the item(s) can be sold best is where they should be sold. I dislike unnecessary stress, so if I have only 1 item, it will be listed in only one place at a time. Have done back to back listings where it will end on eBid without relisting, and start simultaneously somewhere else. if more than one identical item available, I will gladly list/sell item else where. Do not like watching items once listed.

If other sellers are comfortable listing 1 item in 3 to 4 places, than they are braver than me. Think it is very possible for 1 item to sell simultaneously in 2 or more places. If there is access to software that will immediately close all listings on alternate sites once 1 item sells, than I would gladly reconsider my position.

Thread Information