Thread: Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    As far as I am aware, when a customer purchases an item, they receive an automatic email notification from eBid with the items details including payment buttons to pay - I think this has been the problem for some of my customers when they keep purchasing multiple items and paying right away for each one as they go along, instead of waiting for a combined invoice from me giving them reduced shipping costs - I get the impression they think I am requesting immediate payment from them. Is it not possible to leave out those payment buttons altogether?
    If this is so, can we please, please have the possibility to disable this feature.

Yes, I so agree.
    I have to keep refunding paypal payments when buyers purchase one item, pay, then purchase another and then pay etc.
    I scratch my head and wonder why this is - especially as I have notices to say that I combine postage in my shops and on each listing.

Edited to add before anyone tries to flog me a nit shampoo, I'm clean!
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 30th October 2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our current plans are to make it default ON for all sellers. An OFF radio button will be available within My eBid > My Defaults

A maximum of 10 items can be purchased by the brand new buyer.

Payment must be made within 30 minutes of the most recent item purchased. eg. each item purchased will extend the RIP (Require Immediate Payment) time by 30 minutes.

As soon as the brand new buyer makes payment for the first ever time then all restrictions are lifted.

Any input welcome.

We would love to increase our Trustpilot rating as it is featured on the first page of Google and it currently seems to be attracting reviewers who have not had the best initial experience with eBid, not ones who have. One of these reasons is non-paying bidders. So this is something we really would like to cut down on. Not processing the sale fully until payment is received is an important strategy for this.

Thx All,
    Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 31st October 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

We would love to increase our Trustpilot rating as it is featured on the first page of Google and it currently seems to be attracting reviewers who have not had the best initial experience with eBid, one of these reasons is non paying bidders. So this is something we really would like to cut down on. Not processing the sale fully until payment is received is an important strategy for this.
    eBid's reviews on Trustpilot are very off-putting to potential new members and the measures outlined would, hopefully, go some way to improving trust in the site.

Some time ago, there were several sellers asking for the Immediate Payment function. Very few have given an opinion on Gazza's post.

I would just like to ask, Gazza, that you give consideration to the opinions of both small sellers - like myself - as well as the larger sellers.

Thank you.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Some time ago, there were several sellers asking for the Immediate Payment function. Very few have given an opinion on Gazza's post.

I would just like to ask, Gazza, that you give consideration to the opinions of both small sellers - like myself - as well as the larger sellers.

Thank you.
    Dont worry, we always do.

Gazza
    eBid.net

I like the ideal, not that I am a hurry for payment, but the fact that I list elsewhere. For example, some displays of cigarette cases I buy, may only have two styles of each. Last week buyer bought both two here, never paid, sent two reminders, and message, but no response. Had them listed somewhere else also, ended them there, and had to pay to relist them there. No big deal, but do not like feeding the other site more money. I think with immediate payment, I will be able to bring more listings over here, that I only have a small quantity of with less worries.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Our current plans are to make it default ON for all sellers. An OFF radio button will be available within My eBid > My Defaults

Payment must be made within 30 minutes of the most recent item purchased. eg. each item purchased will extend the RIP (Require Immediate Payment) time by 30 minutes.

As soon as the brand new buyer makes payment for the first ever time then all restrictions are lifted.

Any input welcome.

We would love to increase our Trustpilot rating as it is featured on the first page of Google and it currently seems to be attracting reviewers who have not had the best initial experience with eBid, not ones who have. One of these reasons is non-paying bidders. So this is something we really would like to cut down on. Not processing the sale fully until payment is received is an important strategy for this.

Thx All,
    Gazza
    You seem to suggest that RIP will only apply to brand new buyers. What happens when this "brand new buyer" buys for the second time either from the same seller of from a different seller? Could you clarify this point, please?

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

From the newsletter

Secondly we'll be introducingour "Require Immediate Payment" system for the first time. In itsinitial guise it will be used by first time buyers on eBid to help in thereduction of non-paying bidders. If payment by the brand new buyer isn'treceived or contact made within a fixed amount of time the sale will be nulledand the listing placed back to its previous state. Sellers can turn thefunction off or on from within "My eBid" > "MyDefaults". We will adapt and tweak the system as required and take allfeedback we receive into consideration as normal. In future versions sellerswill be able to add it to individual listings for use by already registeredbuyers
    So initially it will be for first time buyers, later it will be more widely available.

Gazza
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Any input welcome.
    Thx All,
    Gazza

Scenario:

New buyer purchases 2 items (or anything up to 10). In the majority of cases covering a wide range of products on eBid they would have to wait for an invoice for combined shipping, if the seller doesn't give them an invoice within 30 minutes then the sale can't happen.

Is that correct?

Whilst this would not directly affect me because of the opt out and I have MIC - I have to ask because I am surprised no one else is.

Thread Information