Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is it possible to provide different P&P prices in listings for different parts of UK

Default Is it possible to provide different P&P prices in listings for different parts of UK

After last RM price increase, I started using couriers for items over 1kilo/ and bigger than small parcel.

unfortunately couriers don;t provide a universal postal service/same price to whole of UK/Channel Isles

Courier (myhermes) charges a different price for certain postcodes (can't remember them off top of my head, basically Scottish Islands and Highlands) than the rest of the UK

They also don't send to Channel Isles at all.

So I need listings to show three postage options for UK:
    • one for "mainland" UK
    • one for Highland and Islands
    • and one for Channel Isles

Does this facility exist on ebid?

If not, guys at ebid towers please consider adding this. thanks
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is it possible to provide different P&P prices in listings for different parts of

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    After last RM price increase, I started using couriers for items over 1kilo/ and bigger than small parcel.

unfortunately couriers don;t provide a universal postal service/same price to whole of UK/Channel Isles

Courier (myhermes) charges a different price for certain postcodes (can't remember them off top of my head, basically Scottish Islands and Highlands) than the rest of the UK

They also don't send to Channel Isles at all.

So I need listings to show three postage options for UK:
    • one for "mainland" UK
    • one for Highland and Islands
    • and one for Channel Isles

Does this facility exist on ebid?

If not, guys at ebid towers please consider adding this. thanks
    The option is already there but it might need a bit of extra text in the description,just click the purple plus & scroll down to the bottom to myhermes.

Default Re: Is it possible to provide different P&P prices in listings for different parts of

Thanks for info

I am not so much after a system of offering a variety of postal costs and services as it exists.

This works as long as bidders see the text you have put in your listings stating that they must chooose such and such postal option if they are in remote regions, or Channel Isles

This is important as there can be big differences in postal costs between UK zones

for example 2kg medium parcel

£3.90 by Myhermes to "non-remote" UK
    £5.90 by Myhermes to "remote" UK
    £8.00 by RM to Channel Isles - Myhermes don't deliver to Channel Isles

It gets worse over 2 kilos e.g. 2-5 kilos

£5.10 by Myhermes to "non-remote" UK
    £7.10 by Myhermes to "remote" UK
    A whopping £13.35 by RM to Channel Isles

and weights above this the differences are big

Bearing in mind bidders from Channel Isles will be presented, when browsing, with the first post cost, take the last example - should a bidder from Jersey not read any signs or text in a listing stating that postage cost is £13.35, and to choose that option at checkout, it is going to be a lot of post bid hassle - one of us is going to have to stump up the £8.25 difference to get it to Jersey - I don't want to be a non perforning seller, but neither do I want to stump up £8.25 especially on a low value item.

There needs to be a UK zones option in SECTION TWO postage of the listing form and listings need to show the appropriate primary postal cost to bidders in these zones.

It is a big ask of G&M but if that can't be done, at least an option for any negative feed back left as a result of non performing seller due to the above situation to be removed.

Or maybe some sort of reminder at Checkout e.g. "You are in Channel Isles/UK remote postal zone - please choose the appropriate postal cost as directed by the seller"
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

What you are after don't exist.

I have text on my all about page with the other T&Cs stating
    Please note that a surcharge on postage may be payable for remote UK delivery areas. IF IN DOUBT PLEASE ASK. I use various carriers to deliver your orders to you, these vary depending on the items size, value and speed. If you have a preferred carrier that you would like me to use then please ask,

Thread Information