Thread: A few ideas for growth

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A few ideas for growth

How many years has eBid been around?

Sales are made here, however is eBid anywhere near a viable alternative to what used to be the premier auction site?

Is what you folks call growth the well under 4k listings in US shown now your true idea of growth?

Of the well under 4k listings US deduct stamps, coins and postcards. Are members happy with what's left?

Is it too much to ask that the auction site bring in buyers rather than sellers bringing them in?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

So we don't want to advertise like Ebay because that sucks the life out of sellers,

but we want to advertise to give Ebid more exposure to give life to sellers?

Middle way please . . .
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been saying for 2 years that the ebid joining fee should be very low (just to cover admin fee) and then put the fvf up for these new members.

Ebid owners need to get more BUYERS here.
    Ebay are doing a good job of getting more sellers to come over here with their continual moving of the goalposts etc etc, but when those sellers get here they are finding out the grass ain't so green, due to the lack of buyers
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    Ebay are doing a good job of getting more sellers to come over here with their continual moving of the goalposts etc etc, but when those sellers get here they are finding out the grass ain't so green, due to the lack of buyers
    Sellers get buyers........

Some sellers don't help themselves for a variety of reasons.

One such reason (to give an example you may recognize) is a Vintage Glass Tricorn bowl or ashtray which has been listed on the bay 3 times recently at £14.99 with no takers. Now on eBid for £36.00.

This is not uncommon.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I have been saying for 2 years that the ebid joining fee should be .....
    And I keep telling you that eBid does not have a joining fee.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I get around 30,000 unique visitors a year, pity they do not all turn into sales but an increasing number do. That is all exposure for eBid and every time a potential buyer sees or visits eBid, even if they do not buy at that time it will constantly raise the awareness. But far too many sellers do not give themselves the visibility, poor titles and keywords abound, add in the sellers pricing higher than they do on eBay and it adds up to a massive lost opportunity. We can do nothing about these problems though, but the more listings we can get that tick those boxes the more sales and repeat buyers we will get on the site. More sellers will help with this, especially if they take advice on the forums.

Advertising would be great, but as has been discussed many times before it is unlikely, but I do live in the hope that as more join and sales increase this will lift the advertising budget. The site is moving in the right direction and to those thinking of joining I would say do it now as it will help the growth and leave you better placed to profit from the increasing traffic, learn how best to sell your items now and the rewards could be great in the not too distant future.

There is a chance that 2014 could be a year to remember on eBid, there are tantalising glimpses of good things happening on the sales front that I and others should be looking at taking advantage of. Next year might just be the year that eBid makes the move to being a site where a living can be made as opposed to a simply additional sales.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    Bet'cha 6 out of every 10 new sellers here.. leave within their first 4 Months.. and do Not return.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Bet'cha 6 out of every 10 new sellers here.. leave within their first 4 Months.. and do Not return.
    Possibly because 4 out of 10 seek and take advice and use the platform to it's potential and 6 out of 10 just list as they would on eBay. If those who remain are the sellers who put the effort in then they will contribute to the growth of eBid.

Thread Information