eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Got a new computer with Windows 8 - it's like landing on a different planet

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Got a new computer with Windows 8 - it's like landing on a different planet

Marie, I must be in approximately the same situation as you are. I have a 9 year old Dell tower that ran on XP until it died. I heard Hewlett Packard is still offering new computers with Windows 7. I went to their website and it was true, at least as of a couple days ago. I know people generally hate change but it seems many more people have been complaining about Windows 8 than they did about Vista, which I think is generally scoffed at. I'm thinking seriously about getting a Windows 7 machine. I suppose its support period will expire before Windows 8 but I just don't have the mental energy to do battle with Windows 8, being gullible enough to believe all the whines about it. I would prefer to buy a computer at a brick & mortar store but haven't begun looking there yet.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Got a new computer with Windows 8 - it's like landing on a different planet

if you buy a new PC with Windows 8, you can upgrade, via online to 8.1 straight away. That's what we did as 8.1. is a lot easier to use than 8.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally, I am not having any problems with Windows 8 - It just needs getting used to (navigation wise).

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just found this post on HolidayTruths forum:

"There are tens of thousands of folk who hate the Windows 8 interface.
    There's a solution which many folk use to get around it.

http://www.classicshell.net/

If you use this little utility you will find that your PC comes back to normality and you can find things again.
    Many big corporates actually install this to reduce the training impact on their staff when they are forced into Windows8 - as most of us have been this year - pushed by Microsoft ending support for the wonderful, solid, reliable, easily understandable XP."

HTH

Don't know if you're aware but Windows 8 is due to be replaced with Windows 9 beginning of next year:
    http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/c...122-317fo.html

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

i didnt know that?

Have to admit mine were upgraded from Vista to 7 on the recommendation of my pc doctor... I like 7, found it comfortable to use right from the outset

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetmark View Post
    Don't know if you're aware but Windows 8 is due to be replaced with Windows 9 beginning of next year:
    http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/c...122-317fo.html
    Oh gawd, and I'm still trying to get to grips with my windows 8 sheeeeeesh

Thread Information