eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Many views no

All-About BackToZero2012
    View BackToZero2012's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Many views no

Anyone else? I have so many views...but zero purchases
    Last edited by Mark; 11th January 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: Many views no sales

A few pointers......

No Shop

Run until sold listings - which are stuck behind all the other listings never rising to the top.

You have not opted for a gallery listing, so anyone browsing the category will not see an image of your item unless they click onto the item itself, more likely they will just pass by.

No brand and barcode information on those products that need it - so no outside exposure on Google Shopping

The items that I see available have gone unsold by you on the bay. The Blondie purse seems to be more expensive to send on eBid than it was on the bay?

Lots more keywords you could use.

If your item is available on the bay at the same price with the same keywords then why would a buyer purchase on eBid? They may do if they already had an account and were onsite at the time. If not then they would purchase the item on the bay because just about everyone has a bay account - certainly no incentive has been provided to purchase the item here. So you end up paying high bay costs as a result.

Use the eBid platform to its full potential, at the moment you have been selling here for 19 days and have virtually no exposure. There is an opportunity for you to build up a solid client base on here, that doesn't happen overnight.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...you've only recently let your listings free on the world, and you have some views.....but, i took a Google shopping on your Farmville plush Duck new in opened box, i would use a title such as "Farmville plush Duck", adding important info such as which specific one it may from the series etc, i couldn't find it in a Google shopping search, the same with the caribbean Joe lotion.

You only have no thumbnails appearing in your listing....i suspect that your listings are locked into Ebid's site and are not being seen by the wider world, when you create a listing here you need to use a Buy it now price, and upload barcodes etc to the listing form, this will put your listing onto Google....it usually means Google shopping , but you'll eventually see it appear on a regular search as well as Google images.

Keywords are important....but frivolous words such as Opened box will get in the way of your Google visibilty. Some Ebid sellers will tell you to remove your listings from Run until sold as this will always keep them at the bottom of the listing pecking order and instead will advise you to use the auto repost facility as towards the end of the listings time span it will move to the top of the Ebid search result. This may be useful in the most competitive categories, but if the categories that you are listing in are sparsely populated....then i would call this slightly misleading.

All-About BackToZero2012
    View BackToZero2012's Listings
    Forum Posts

AMAZING advice, guys. Thank you sooo much, very constructive stuff.

The main thing is those keywords and getting things noticed on Google and Google Shopping. While writing this there is a listing at the side of the screen for 'CHARACTER IN SEALED BAG'. The chances of that selling are about the same as me winning Wimbledon next June. Follow the advice and you will see an increase in views and before long should start to see the sales. It can take a while to find the best way to sell your own items but those sales can be made and you will make them.

It's the age old Ebid problem.. It's a pity about Ebid's name, since bidding doesn't really happen as it does on the other E**** place. Sales here mostly come through Google, but buyers are confronted firstly with having to get an account, and then with the thought that they might have to bid, not simply buy.

I think a complete redesign and name change is in order. (My last sale was close to half a year ago:-(

Forum Newbie
    Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About personalisedcards4
    View personalisedcards4's Listings
    Forum Posts

same here, joined in October and no sales,

good luck

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's also a good idea to use the PLUG YOUR AUCTION thread - which you can do 1 x per 24 hours. Lots of people in the forums will see them, and you get occasional buys that way. It also puts your out in the ether another time, and people are more apt to find you the more your name is out there.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by personalisedcards4 View Post
    same here, joined in October and no sales,

good luck
    All of your items are run until sold - you have had extremely limited on site exposure. The off site exposure is even worse because you have not appeared on Google Shopping. You have mainly Christmas Cards, as HerMajesty pointed out it would have been good to use the plug thread for these items in early December.

All of that means you are fairly invisible. I like the concept of some of your cards and they have a market - but you need to increase your visibility to potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    It's also a good idea to use the PLUG YOUR AUCTION thread - which you can do 1 x per 24 hours. Lots of people in the forums will see them, and you get occasional buys that way. It also puts your out in the ether another time, and people are more apt to find you the more your name is out there.
    Your majesty, could you please explain how you got your wonderful banner at the bottom of your post? Thank you Fortes.

Thread Information