Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: finally get a sale, and its a non paying bidder!!!!!!!

Default finally get a sale, and its a non paying bidder!!!!!!!

after a few months i finally had a sale and now the bidder is not paying for the item!!
    and now i get an email stating Ebid wants a final value fee!!
    ya know what, i dont think this site is worth the aggravation any longer, i think im gonna fold my acct.!!
    Also, i do not like the fact i cannot contact anyone from ebid!!
    I want immediate answers to my questions, not an email that takes 24-48 hrs. to answer!!

Default Re: finally get a sale, and its a non paying bidder!!!!!!!

How long has it been since the buyer purchased your item ? Remember it's still holiday time and people are here there and everywhere at this time of year ! If it's been a while then you can get your fees back no problem. It's all in the help section http://uk.ebid.net/help_after.php#9
    Just send two payment reminders 24 hours apart and if you don't get a reply then mark as a non paying bidder and give them a negative feedback. A couple of days after that the option to claim back your fee will appear in the drop down list on the after sales log.

We have severe flooding at the moment in the U.K. and one of the counties is Surrey where eBid is based so they might be short staffed at the moment if people can't get into work. Support on eBid is usually very good and I've always had a quick reply from them.

I'm sorry if you do have a non paying bidder but that can happen anywhere not just on eBid.

Also it's worth emailing your buyer direct to their email address as sometimes eBid emails end up in spam folders if people are new and don't have their settings correct.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 1st January 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    How long has it been since the buyer purchased your item ? Remember it's still holiday time and people are here there and everywhere at this time of year ! If it's been a while then you can get your fees back no problem. It's all in the help section http://uk.ebid.net/help_after.php#9
    Just send two payment reminders 24 hours apart and if you don't get a reply then mark as a non paying bidder and give them a negative feedback. A couple of days after that the option to claim back your fee will appear in the drop down list on the after sales log.

We have severe flooding at the moment in the U.K. and one of the counties is Surrey where eBid is based so they might be short staffed at the moment if people can't get into work. Support on eBid is usually very good and I've always had a quick reply from them.

I'm sorry if you do have a non paying bidder but that can happen anywhere not just on eBid.
    Thanks for helping!! Another thing that really bothers me is that i cannot find a contact form or phone # for customer service!!
    What is up with that!!
    I am in USA, i dont think this bidder is going to pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by TechStuff4Less View Post
    Thanks for helping!! Another thing that really bothers me is that i cannot find a contact form or phone # for customer service!!
    What is up with that!!
    I am in USA, i dont think this bidder is going to pay me.
    Again there is a contact point in the 'Help' section at the top of the page and if you scroll to the very bottom of any eBid page there is a 'contact us' link. Otherwise just email support@ebid.net , you will get a ticket number first to acknowledge your email and then a reply soon afterwards from a human being !

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

How long ago did the person buy the item?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View daysailer55's Feedback (+251)
    All-About daysailer55
    View daysailer55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TechStuff4Less View Post
    after a few months i finally had a sale and now the bidder is not paying for the item!!
    and now i get an email stating Ebid wants a final value fee!!
    ya know what, i dont think this site is worth the aggravation any longer, i think im gonna fold my acct.!!
    Also, i do not like the fact i cannot contact anyone from ebid!!
    I want immediate answers to my questions, not an email that takes 24-48 hrs. to answer!!
    You'll get your fvf back if it is a npb. Just follow the protocol and you'll get it back. I've gotten plenty back. Just takes patience on your part. The end of the month npb can be frustrating but you'll get it back.

The fees are low on this site because they don't spoon feed the sellers here. You have to learn SEO, writing for the internet, and real world sales and marketing techniques unlike eBay. If I can learn it anyone can. If you need hand-holding and spoon feeding, well, you'll pay alot more for that on other auction sites. This website works for me.

You have always been able to contact support at eBid. Learn the website features. One gets an email within a few hours not 24-48 hours of contacting eBid support. Done it several times in the past. Much better response than eBay without all the run-around b.s. responses. No 20 day PayPal holds here either.

I got a rash of npb over Christmas sales. I've gotten my fvf fees back and the npb's all got negative feedback. I couldn't leave negative feedback for the dump and run buyers on eBay. I can warn other sellers here.

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to help. If you haven't spent time reading the help section, please read it. Your blood pressure will thank you.

More suggestions:

1. Put your items in a store. You get five free ones. eBay will charge you $20/month for one store. You'll get more Google juice.
    2. Fill in your All About page. List your business practices. Give a professional impression to your buyers.
    3. Use more pictures that provide different angles. People are visual learners for the most part. They need to see the items.
    4. Some of your 6 items have rather sparse descriptions. Take advantage of those first 135 characters that Google indexes.
    5. List more items. You'll get more exposure
    6. Fill in all the dialogue boxes you can. UPC codes, SKU, etc.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

ebid are easy to contact, and reply within 24 hours- suppor@ebid.net is the email address.

Yes I have also had a rash of Xmas sales here too.

Thread Information