Cirencester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View bertdog's Feedback (+14)
    All-About bertdog
    View bertdog's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebay/ebid comparison

Quote Originally Posted by pamelajonesart View Post
    Welcome and good luck
    I second that......I find it a great place to do business (just buying for me) and I think it's a much friendlier atmosphere compared to e**y.
    While I'm here does anybody know of a bid sniper or are there none for eBid.......

Someone will tell you, I am sure, I think the timing on here isn't suited to sniping. Having said that it isn't normally necessary as there are fewer bidding so no bidding wars, which means there are far more bargains to be had here than that other place.

Welcome to eBid

eBid is the best alternative, but its not about this site or the other. I spread my stock over several venues and eBid achieves some sales (all sales help), in fact it is the best value for money of the lot. I get more sales elsewhere but then I pay more fees and make less profit margin elsewhere too. Don't try to compare eBid with that other site, the other site has hidden overheads. It takes much longer to list and maintain the listings on the other site than anywhere else I know of. Time is money. In fact that other site is fast becoming the least efficient site of all venues I am selling on, not just because everything takes longer but because of the bugs and other problems. Its less stressful here too, although there are rules to abide by.

I made my first sale on my website this week. It all helps!

eBid is better than trying to build a website, thats why I joined here years ago. I can list a variety of things here that I can't on feebay because of the higher level of fees. I only started a website few months ago because there are a few things I can only sell from my website (the rights owners won't allow me to sell on an auction site).

Persevere with eBid, at first it will seem slow but things will improve with time. List as much as you can, the more you list the better you do. Actively promote your listings on social networks, blogs etc. If it has an EAN/UPC then use it, its good for google shopping.

Never give up, have patience. Its better here than starting your own website, I know from experience. You get sales faster here. It would be a much longer haul to get sales on your own site.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Thread Information