Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: No item, no reply to email, what next

Forum Newbie
    All-About sixpences4u
    View sixpences4u's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default No item, no reply to email, what next

I bought my first item off eBid 21st Dec and didn't start to worry as Xmas was nearly upon us but I still have no item and no reply to 2 emails, what do I do next.
    Doesn't seem like anywhere to report anything, too scared to buy anything else

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No item, no reply to email, what next

Can you tell me the item number - I can''t seem to find what you are referring to.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

If you paid via paypal, you can open a dispute and claim your money back. Keep in mind that the Christmas rush has slowed some mail down. It's unfortunate the seller hasn't responded to your emails....did you check your spam folder just to be sure? There have been a number of no-mail days due to the holidays, so items might be slower in arriving.

If you get no response, and you go the route of getting your money refunded, I would also report it to support. Click the help button at the top right of any page, then the CONTACT US tab. Cursor down, and click the link......they will get back to you quite quickly. good luck.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Newbie
    All-About sixpences4u
    View sixpences4u's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi it isn't marked as dispatched,
    it is item number 121252288 she seems to be a fairly big seller.
    I know about Xmas delays but it hasn't affected items bought from another auction site

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am still waiting for items bought inland here in the UK, on fleabay, posted on Dec 18th - 20th (I ordered several things for theatre), only one of which has arrived, just this morning. (bear in mind I am in Devon and we have been badly hit by the various ongoing storms, we have a brick wall collapsed here at mine, and Dec 23rd I went to see my fiance in Torquay and barely made it home as they had to stop the public transport due to floods, and even the taxi-driver wasnt sure he could get through on the back roads!)
    I am also having a discussion with a buyer who bought something from me on the 23rd, and (as of yesterday, I havent heard anything today) the package hadnt got through from Devon to London. Other things have though, so I think there must be a partial issue somewhere.
    Exeter, where our our big sorting regional "hub" is, was almost at a standstill yesterday with floods, so again, the chances are that could potentially cause delays for anyone in my area even if it just affected the lorries getting around. I mention storm stuff, as I notice the seller is Southwest based as well.

Sixpences4u, have you also tried to email the seller on thier paypal email address? (it seems to me that it is worth trying all avenues of communication) . Also, this sounds a long shot but may work (It would with my email address if somenoe googled it!) but google her email address, see if it comes up linked to, for example, a Facebook or other social network account that you might be able to try contacting her on too. You have 45 days to make a paypal claim from the date of purchase.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Seller got feedback from someone on the 16th of Dec, and was last on this site the 29th of Dec. Lots of sellers don't tick the sent button, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. I guess I would give it a few more days, as mail is taking sometimes 4-5 days, and if the person didn't mail till after Christmas, it might still be in the post.

That being said, I did buy something prior to Christmas, and it hasn't arrived yet. But the seller is responsive, and I will get a replacement if I want. Am giving it some more time, since I know how the mail can get misplaced at busy times, and since I don't need the item right away. It doesn't happen often, but once in awhile some pkg goes awol.

Hopefully you will hear from the seller soon, either on the ASL, or via email, or the pkg will arrive safely. Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Seller got feedback from someone on the 16th of Dec, and was last on this site the 29th of Dec. Lots of sellers don't tick the sent button, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. I guess I would give it a few more days, as mail is taking sometimes 4-5 days, and if the person didn't mail till after Christmas, it might still be in the post.

That being said, I did buy something prior to Christmas, and it hasn't arrived yet. But the seller is responsive, and I will get a replacement if I want. Am giving it some more time, since I know how the mail can get misplaced at busy times, and since I don't need the item right away. It doesn't happen often, but once in awhile some pkg goes awol.

Hopefully you will hear from the seller soon, either on the ASL, or via email, or the pkg will arrive safely. Good luck!
    Doesn't make any sense. I posted my lots off to a buyer yesterday (first class) and he received it today Saturday. I know that because he has left positive feedback

Kind regards
    Alan

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

Thread Information