Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Auction Plus BIN for FDC & Postcards.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Auction Plus BIN for FDC & Postcards.

I have all of my postcard and stamp items listed as Buy-It-Now for £1.00 each.
    I have seen other sellers with the same BIN but with auction price of 80-90p.
    Does this actually work?
    Or would I be better adding MaO instead?

I would like to know what works for you. I am determined to find the best way to sell on eBid and hopefully if I can get answers to my questions then other sellers will benefit too.

Thanks in advance,
    Graham
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Auction Plus BIN for FDC & Postcards.

I list some items Auctions & BIN & some BIN. There is not much bidding war on here so in my opinion Bin is the best option. Just my opinion.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    I have all of my postcard and stamp items listed as Buy-It-Now for £1.00 each.
    I have seen other sellers with the same BIN but with auction price of 80-90p.
    Does this actually work?
    Or would I be better adding MaO instead?

I would like to know what works for you. I am determined to find the best way to sell on eBid and hopefully if I can get answers to my questions then other sellers will benefit too.

Thanks in advance,
    Graham
    I have over 400 listings at the moment all BIN and MAO. It seems to work. In the last 6 months of 2013 I had 200+ sales.

Kind regards
    Alan

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

I think that auction at a lower price is good for those willing to wait for the listing to end and BIN is good if the buyer is willing to pay extra for "getting it now" and both work for me

Different sellers have different ways of doing things, so this is my personal opinion.

I would only list BIN. I think MAO and Auction + BIN should be used with extreme caution.

If a non eBid member lands on a BIN listing then he/she will probably decide whether they want the item within a matter of seconds, so they join up and buy. With the addition of an auction price you give them something to think about because all of a sudden they have options so the decision to join up and purchase is delayed and can result in them talking themselves out of the purchase. Likewise with MAO.

Also with MAO, especially for collectables where there is a lot of return custom there is the danger that customers could start thinking that they are not getting as good a deal as another customer. The relationship can be harmed. I prefer my buyers to know that there are no deals - the price that they pay is the same price that others would have to pay to purchase the item. MAO users (some) also have a tendency to load the initial price to account for the likely offer which kind of defeats the object.

Whilst some sellers can feel although they have made the sale with MAO - it doesn't account for how many other sales they may lose as a consequence.

In short.. I would rather cut off my leg than use MAO or auction price.

Thread Information