eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please could eBid make it easier for new buyers to sign up.

Default Please could eBid make it easier for new buyers to sign up.

I believe at the moment new buyers have to upload documents or ebay feedback to be able to buy on here. I also believe that this is causing lost business on ebid as many people are not able to do this or do not have the time nowadays. Maybe other ebid members could post on here with their thoughts on this?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please could eBid make it easier for new buyers to sign up.

It's a valid point that you make which has been much dicussed in this thread..

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...lue-of-a-buyer
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

To the best of my knowledge... buyers are only requested for verification documents if there are missing or inconsistent (e.g. postcode does not match address) details given on signing up. Also, perceived suspicious buying activity immediately after joining can trigger additional checks. What eBid considers 'suspicious' in this latter case has attracted complaint from some sellers.

Users can also register using their Google, Facebook, or Yahoo accounts if they have them.

It is not general practice to request additional verification from new signups - though those cases are the ones we hear about on the forums, we don't hear about those who signup without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge... buyers are only requested for verification documents if there are missing or inconsistent (e.g. postcode does not match address) details given on signing up. Also, perceived suspicious buying activity immediately after joining can trigger additional checks. What eBid considers 'suspicious' in this latter case has attracted complaint from some sellers.

Users can also register using their Google, Facebook, or Yahoo accounts if they have them.

It is not general practice to request additional verification from new signups - though those cases are the ones we hear about on the forums, we don't hear about those who signup without issues.
    It would be good if ebid could confirm this one way or another and put our minds to rest.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have wondered why some posters state that buyers have to go give a lot of information for verification.
    Your response seems very feasible could explain a lot why some buyers are asked for extra information when other buyers are not.
    I have had the occasional buyer get a strike through, the last one had a bidding spree, asked numerous silly questions, ebid sent me an email along the lines that they were checking out the buyer (no details) so its quite possible that the buyer had some problem with their details also.

IMO ebid are doing a good job by asking buyers to verify their buying accounts.Maybe the process could be made easier but I would not want to see ebid make buying so easy that scamming buyers would be allowed to run free on the site, end up with problems as on the ebay site.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most people have a Google,Facebook or Yahoo Account. If buyers can use these to buy on EBid, I cant see a problem. I can understand Ebid wanting to check new sellers for obvious reasons.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

I agree with above.

-----

There is no issue with new sign ups. Have had 4 new customer sign ups in the last couple of days to purchase and those were completed in lightning speed.

There is an issue where the buyer purchases a lot of items immediately after sign up - that has been acknowledged by eBid and I believe is being looked into. But that has nothing to do with the initial sign up process.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a new buyer recently who went on a buying spree and didnt pay me and then another new buyer (already known to me from another site) who purchased an item & paid for it and then immediately have a line put through their name! I would have liked the latter buyer to come back!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Overall I think eBid does a great job of providing a supportive environment for sellers to operate. One of the main reasons I left eBay was, their mistreatment of sellers in general, and their buyer centered attitude.

Seems a balanced approach in support of both buyers and sellers would be the most desirable situation. How could the environment of eBid become more buyer friendly? Let's see..............

Many buyers desire only to buy. When a buyer registers to buy...........let them buy. Do not attempt to encourage them right off the bat, to become a seller. I have not heard this discussed lately, but it did seem like this was being reported. As I registered as a seller some time ago, I never was aware of this issue personally. The buyer only is much needed on eBid; would like to see many more.

If a buyer must be vetted for additional details, build that in to the registration process before the buyer bids or buys.

Totally eliminate "the buyer strike out" just because additional information is being sought. It surely causes offence for the buyer and their seller. If the buyer perceives they have been insulted, chances of them coming back to shop on eBid are highly reduced. Many will just keep moving along to "friendlier venues", those who are perceived as "easier to buy or make a purchase from".

Modify the buyer registration process. Eliminate the requirement of providing personal documents such as gas bills, electric bills, etc. Many buyers are verified with Paypal, Google, Yahoo, etc.; allow them to satisfy the vetting process with such verified information.

Allow sellers to decide whether or not to limit a buyer from purchasing from them. Perhaps a brief alert email could be sent to seller. Perhaps the seller could be allowed to select the buyer limits from a default menu.

These are only recommendations, as eBid makes the final decisions. It is an important issue to many eBid sellers, and a solution to this issue is being requested from the administrators.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Overall I think eBid does a great job of providing a supportive environment for sellers to operate. One of the main reasons I left eBay was, their mistreatment of sellers in general, and their buyer centered attitude.

Seems a balanced approach in support of both buyers and sellers would be the most desirable situation. How could the environment of eBid become more buyer friendly? Let's see..............

Many buyers desire only to buy. When a buyer registers to buy...........let them buy. Do not attempt to encourage them right off the bat, to become a seller. I have not heard this discussed lately, but it did seem like this was being reported. As I registered as a seller some time ago, I never was aware of this issue personally. The buyer only is much needed on eBid; would like to see many more.

If a buyer must be vetted for additional details, build that in to the registration process before the buyer bids or buys.

Totally eliminate "the buyer strike out" just because additional information is being sought. It surely causes offence for the buyer and their seller. If the buyer perceives they have been insulted, chances of them coming back to shop on eBid are highly reduced. Many will just keep moving along to "friendlier venues", those who are perceived as "easier to buy or make a purchase from".

Modify the buyer registration process. Eliminate the requirement of providing personal documents such as gas bills, electric bills, etc. Many buyers are verified with Paypal, Google, Yahoo, etc.; allow them to satisfy the vetting process with such verified information.

Allow sellers to decide whether or not to limit a buyer from purchasing from them. Perhaps a brief alert email could be sent to seller. Perhaps the seller could be allowed to select the buyer limits from a default menu.

These are only recommendations, as eBid makes the final decisions. It is an important issue to many eBid sellers, and a solution to this issue is being requested from the administrators.

Great, thank you, I hope a solution is found.

Thread Information