Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What happened to the thread I started in this forum?

Default What happened to the thread I started in this forum?

It has vanished???????
    I did not delete the thread......
    All it was about was the Royal Mail and what "not called for" meant.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Default Re: What happened to the thread I started in this forum?

No idea why it vanished. I saw the start of the thread and there didn't seem to be anything that would offend. I don't know if somebody added anything later that might have been reported ?!

'Not called for' means that Royal Mail tried to deliver the item but nobody was at home so they should have left a card asking the buyer to arrange redelivery or to pick it up themselves from the sorting office. Obviously the buyer failed to do this so Royal Mail returned it to you.

Thank you. That is what I figured, but was not sure.
    Just funny that the thread vanished.
    I guess my next question should be, should I give the buyer feedback that reflects what has happened, so it does not happen to someone else. I am out shipping cost and would not like to see this happen to someone else. It is not cheap to ship across the pond. Or just let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    Thank you. That is what I figured, but was not sure.
    Just funny that the thread vanished.
    I guess my next question should be, should I give the buyer feedback that reflects what has happened, so it does not happen to someone else. I am out shipping cost and would not like to see this happen to someone else. It is not cheap to ship across the pond. Or just let it go?
    Have you contacted the buyer to let them know what happened ? Why should you be out on shipping cost ?

I've had this happen before and I've contacted the buyer and asked if they want it posted again in which case they need to pay the extra postage or if they prefer they can cancel and I would refund just the bid price minus the postage as they didn't bother to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Have you contacted the buyer to let them know what happened ? Why should you be out on shipping cost ?

I've had this happen before and I've contacted the buyer and asked if they want it posted again in which case they need to pay the extra postage or if they prefer they can cancel and I would refund just the bid price minus the postage as they didn't bother to pick it up.
    This item was shipped on September 23rd and I just got it back today. I already refunded for the item and the shipping cost a long time ago. I figured it was lost in the mail.

The original thread may have been deleted because it had a link to tos.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has vanished???????
    I did not delete the thread......
    All it was about was the Royal Mail and what "not called for" meant.
    I did reply to the thread,more or less the same wording as cornishmaid.I think it was around about 11-ish so still there then.

This item was shipped on September 23rd and I just got it back today. I already refunded for the item and the shipping cost a long time ago. I figured it was lost in the mail.
    Just out of interest,did you put in a claim?Were you compensated?If so,do you have to return the compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I did reply to the thread,more or less the same wording as cornishmaid.I think it was around about 11-ish so still there then.

Just out of interest,did you put in a claim?Were you compensated?If so,do you have to return the compensation?
    I did not put any claim in. I figured I would just eat it. This was the first time I have ever had an item not make it to delivery. Turns out it did make it, they just did not want to pick it up.

I did not put any claim in. I figured I would just eat it. This was the first time I have ever had an item not make it to delivery. Turns out it did make it, they just did not want to pick it up.
    Sometimes it can be the fault of the post office. I've just had a parcel returned which was a birthday present to a niece and she has said that the postman didn't leave any card !

I'll just let it go. I already had until I received the package back.
    Thanks for the clarification on the wording from Royal Mail.

Thread Information