Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heads up, US sellers . . . USPS has made some more changes

Default Heads up, US sellers . . . USPS has made some more changes

I just discovered that it is no longer possible to get the shipping cost for USPS standard post (used to be parcel post) from their online website. I dug a little deeper and found out that it's still available, but only at the Post Office, we cannot print the postage online anymore, and their website doesn't include it in their Calculate a Price options.

I checked some of my Ebid listings and they all say that Standard Post is not available. I can understand this, the calculated shipping cost won't work if USPS no longer gives out the rates. And since the cost is based on distance, I can't change it to any set price.

On the other hand, I found that Priority Mail has several new options, and the lower-cost ones seem to be about the same as the Standard Post ones were.

The bad news is that I now have to go through all my listings and change the shipping option.

The good news is that I now get to use the free Priority Mail boxes for shipping.

Default Re: Heads up, US sellers . . . USPS has made some more changes

Tia, I did email support regarding the issue that "Standard Post is not available".

Here is there response: Can you try with any other valid zip code. Sending a parcel to yourself is causing the problem.

From what I can figure out it is usually about the same cost to ship Standard or Priority within the same zip code ... but I wouldn't remove the standard post option for those outside your zip code.

And if you check the USPS on line site look at Parcel Select ... it seems that has replaced standard post.

I also am having the same issue with "Standard Post is not available". I have tried other zip codes and am still getting the same response.

On another note: How do you bulk edit listings to add another shipping option? I have looked and looked and can not find a way to add "Priority Mail" to my listings. Am I missing something?

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

I looked again for the postage cost for a 3 pound parcel. When I bring up the page to select the shipping option (which is where I check to see the difference) there is a list of Priority Mail options, and another that says "Other Options". The only other option listed is "Media Mail."

This is from an article in the eCommerce Bytes January 28 issue. The article doesn't mention that the price will not be available online. If we can't get the rate on their website, I'm sure eBid can't get it either, which would explain why it's not shown on any of my listings.

Highlights of the USPS Changes
    ShipWorks' Perry provided some highlights about the USPS changes published by Endicia and Stamps.com:

• Parcel Post has been renamed to Standard Post and will ONLY be available at retail locations
    • Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope weight limit has been reduced from 20 lbs to 4 lbs
    • First-Class Mail International Parcel has been renamed First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS) and joins the Competitive mail class group
    • Free Electronic Delivery Confirmation will be available for select packages and mail classes to select international locations
    • Express Mail International now includes the first $200 of USPS insurance
    • Priority Mail International shipments to Mexico join the "All other countries" pricing group
    • Optional expedited delivery of USPS packaging is available for $2.50
    • First-Class Mail one ounce stamp prices are increasing by one cent to $0.46

I was able to go to the USPS site and pull up Standard Post rates.
    These rates should be reflected in our listings.
    This is a big issue that needs to be resolved.
    I have an email into the powers that be. Waiting on a response.
    Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 2nd February 2014 at 02:28 AM.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

If this can help, its a PDF price sheet for the USPS. It gives you a brake down of all the different shipping types and prices.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/.../notice123.pdf

Hope it helps

Name:  USPS Page.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  120.3 KB

There used to be another line where the amount for Standard Post was displayed. It is not there anymore, only Media Mail is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Name:  USPS Page.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  120.3 KB

There used to be another line where the amount for Standard Post was displayed. It is not there anymore, only Media Mail is displayed.
    click "display all options" at the top of the page

Thanks for the PDF, I know you are trying to help.

My concern is that listings that have only Standard Post as a shipping option cannot get the rate. If I can't get the rate for weight and distance, then it seems quite possible eBid can't get it either.

The cost of the new shipping rate can vary from the source you print you labels from. I've use Postal Assistant from the USPS site and I use PayPal's label platform. PP's is so far the best. The price only went up 12.5% with their service. That's a lot when you look at percentage, but it's a little adjustment when you incorporate it into shipping. I didn't have to change my SH fees because of this new charge for now. Later down the road, who knows?

Thread Information