eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Googled Ebid and was amazed

Default Re: Googled Ebid and was amazed

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    That's why the owner of the com won't sell. He's got something that doesn't cost much and someone else either wants it or can use it. If he's making money its through ads as much as I can tell. For the word blackmail is a little harsh. He bought the domain before this site started up on the net. What would everyone think if someone else paid his asking price for the domain? eBid is a business name used by many just like the Copper Locker. If eBid wants the com, then they'll have to pay for it. That's if the owner is willing. Business can be ugly sometimes and that's the facts of it.
    Doubt if he is making that much from adverts, certainly not what he claims. I am sure that eBid would buy the .com - if a fair price was asked. The current owner as you say has paid little for it so stands to make a good profit, but the only company that would place any real value to it at the moment is eBid. As for the other eBids none of them are in the auction game. Blackmail may be the wrong term - extortion might be closer to the mark.

I hope the gent that owns the dot com doesn't read some of these threads. If I was eBid I would take off any references toward that owner. Stoking this fire can make it tougher for eBid to get the dot com domain name. Remember, Keep you friends close, but keep your. Well you know the rest.

Also ebid.nashville.gov is a gov auction site.
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 18th February 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    I hope the gent that owns the dot com doesn't read some of these threads. If I was eBid I would take off any references toward that owner. Stoking this fire can make it tougher for eBid to get the dot com domain name. Remember, Keep you friends close, but keep your. Well you know the rest.

Also ebid.nashville.gov is a gov auction site.
    Is 'gent' an appropriate description of that extortionist!

Ebid don't need to worry. The owner is clearly arrogant and won't suddenly crumble after more than 10 years. And ebid are not so stupid as to make an offer that would interest him.

Could be fun to try sueing Nashville though!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information