Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: how long does it take for your first auction to show in your running auctions?

Question how long does it take for your first auction to show in your running auctions?

hello folks i'm new to e-bids and am very confused? i started an auction after getting my seller status,that first auction didn't show in my list of running auctions,so i did it again?i'm confused to why it's not showingthe auction i started ,but it shows the pics in the gallery?does it take awhile for ur auction to show up or something?thnx greatly for ur help?godbless!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: how long does it take for your first auction to show in your running auctions?

Hi Valory,
    What type of item are you selling? Have you checked the banned list?
    You will also need to remove your website link from your Me Page as this is not allowed.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: how long does it take for your first auction to show in your running auctions?

Are you sure you actually started the listing and didn't just preview it or save it to your My Defaults area?

You need to have clicked on the Start Listing button to make the listing live.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another possibility is that if you inadvertently listed it twice, it could have been zapped by the eBid bots; although from what I have read you would have been informed of that as you would an illegal listing.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valory77 View Post
    hello folks i'm new to e-bids and am very confused? ....
    The good thing is that 4 of your listings are now visible to USA buyers.

Google is your best friend when it comes down to attracting customers.

So your Titles Are Critical.

HOT! NWT,PINK HELLO KITTY,X-LARGE TOTE/BAG!SZ.13X20,PERFECT TO CARRY ANYWHERE!

Use good key words with spaces as necessary and leave out punctuation, exclamation marks, ete etc.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

And avoid using all Capitals in titles, Google doesn't like it very much

Take this one for example:

NWT!LOT OF 2PAIRS WOMEN'S/JUNIOR'S DENIM LEGGINGS!SZ.XSMALL/J 1-9!!

Change it to:

NWT 2 pairs of Womens/Juniors denim Leggings. Size extra small/Junior Size 1-9
    Last edited by craig7501; 6th February 2014 at 10:15 PM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valory77 View Post
    hello folks i'm new to e-bids and am very confused? i started an auction after getting my seller status,that first auction didn't show in my list of running auctions,so i did it again?i'm confused to why it's not showingthe auction i started ,but it shows the pics in the gallery?does it take awhile for ur auction to show up or something?thnx greatly for ur help?godbless!
    Some tips for you:

This is your Me Page:

HELLO FOLKS! WELCOME TO EBIDS! A FASTER AUCTION SITE THAN ANY OTHER! I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM OF A 4YR.OLD BOY WHOM I LOVE SO MUCH AND IS A GIFT FROM JESUS! I LOVE JESUS AS WELL! I'M AN ONLINE SELLER WITH MY OWN STORE BEING HOLLYWOOD TRENDZ!GO CHECK IT OUT AS WELL AS WHAT SELLING HERE! I SHIP FREE EXCEPT TO CANADA,I PUT MY SELLERS EXPERIENCE FIRST,HAVE BEEN SELLING ONLNE FOR A FEW YEARS,SO I'M OLD SCHOOL! I'M A COMPLETE HIPPY AT HEART AND LOVE TO PUT OTHERS FIRST! TAKE A LOOK AT MY STORE AS I SELL MOST EVERYTHING,BUT TOP STUFF IS CLOTHING,ACCESSORIES AND JEWELRY!THATS WHERE MY REAL PASSION IS! I CATER TO ALL STYLES,SIZES&PEOPLE! REFUNDS ARE ACCEPTED UPON THE ITEM ARRIVING NOT AS DESCRIBED OR DEFECTIVE ,THNX FOR CHECKING HOLLYWOOD TRENDZ OUT AND BIDDING FROM ME VALORY77! ENJOY AND GOD BLESS FOLKS!

I find it very difficult to read this as it is all in capital letters, consider changing it to:

Hello folks. Welcome to ebid! A faster auction site than any other. I'm a stay at home mom of a 4 year old boy whom I love so much and is a gift from Jesus. I love Jesus as well.

I'm an online seller with my own store being hollywood trendz and I also sell here on eBid. I ship free except to Canada, I put my sellers experience first, have been selling online for a few years, so I'm old school.

I'm a complete hippy at heart and love to put others first. Take a look at my store as I sell most everything, but top stuff is clothing, accessories and jewelry. That's where my real passion is. I cater to all styles, sizes and people.

Refunds are accepted upon the item arriving not as described or defective. Thanks for checking out my store and bidding from me valory77. Enjoy and God bless folks!

You need to make sure to invite your customers to purchase from you here on eBid and not from your own website.

This is your first listing title:
    NWT! AUTHENTIC COACH LEOPARD PRINT WRSTLET!GORGEOUS FOR ANYWHERE!SZ.5X7.5!

Google do not like all capital letters and/or exclamations, when your listing is uploaded to Google Shopping, eBid automatically changes your listings to lower case and it can look a bit odd at times, consider changing your titles as so:

Wristlet authentic Coach leopard print size 5inch x 7.5inch NWT

This is your description:

HEY FOLKS,UP FOR AUCTION IS THIS FABULOUS,NWT,GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC COACHOCELOT LEOPARD PRINT WRISTLET!!THIS IS PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO CARRY OR AHVE A NEED FOR YOUR LARGE TOTE BAGS/PURSES! BEAUTIFUL FOR CREDIT CARDS,DRIVER'S LICENSE,PASSPORTS,MAKE-UP TOUCH-UP'S,ETC.!GREAT PRICE TOO FOLKS AS IT RETAILED FOR $78.00/$69.99! GRAB THIS FABULOUS WRISTLET,S.5 X 7.5 IN SIZE AS A GIFT IDEA OR FOR YOURSELF! #F49581,FREE SHIPPING ALSO!!!!!THNX FOR LOOKING AND GOD BLESS!

Again, I find it very difficult to read this as it is all in capital letters and italic, consider editing to make it look more like this:

Up for auction is this fabulous, NWT, guaranteed authentic Coach ocelot leopard print wristlet size 5 inch X 7.5 inch. This is perfect for any occasion when you don't want to carry or have a need for your large tote bags or purses. Accomodates credit cards, driver's licenses, passports, make-up touch-up's, etc.

Retails for $78.00/$69.99

Grab as a gift idea or for yourself.
    FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED

Thanks for looking and God Bless!

For me, the edits look much more professional and makes me believe you are a serious and thoughtful seller. Hope these tips help
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 6th February 2014 at 10:13 PM.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

One other suggestion: personally I would lose the abbreviations, as if people do not know what they mean they could be alienated and go else where (to someone else who spells out exactly what is on offer).

NWT - does mean new with tags or not want trade? I suspect it is the first but if someone does not know it is totally unhelpful.

SZ - I presume that is size abbreviated but again it is not clear.

Lose the superlatives in the title keep it factual and use them in the description if you need to.

I am not trying to put you down with this just explaining it from my perspective.

Good Luck.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information