eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebid don't take a percentage from your shipping costs.

Forum Newbie
    View aidata's Feedback (+114)
    All-About aidata
    View aidata's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid don't take a percentage from your shipping costs.

Everyone wants low or even free shipping, self included! Guess what? It’s there and can’t be avoided. If it’s free shipping U know it’s included in the actual cost.
    I digress, for those who don’t sell on eBay there is a little bit of info U may not be aware of. eBay is ever reminding sellers about high shipping charges, however, both eBay and PayPal in their infinite business wisdom continue to rake in their percentage from the shipping charge. Not content with listing fees, final value fees (when the item sells) and PP fees, they take a percentage of the shipping fees.
    I remember the old days when selling on eBay was quite enjoyable, now, one logs on there with trepidation.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid don't take a percentage from your shipping costs.

One of the initial reasons for FeeBay implementing a percentage charge on shipping costs is because some sellers, and it is quite clever depending on your point of view, are offering the item itself for like 1p or a pound and charging whatever the retail price of the item is for shipping costs while also charging the extra for the shipping costs. This way, the sellers avoid paying a FVF and the revenue generated from the percentage charged by FeePal remains pretty much the same as the total amount of the invoice would be the same if they charged the proper price for the item plus shipping costs. This way, the seller is only paying the PayPal fee especially if they have a shop subscription which includes "free listings". This is the primary reason for eBay introducing charges on shipping costs now.

One of the secondary reasons will be because sellers are often over charging on shipping costs especially when it costs the seller no extra up to a certain weight so it is a practice eBay wants to eliminate.

eBid does not take a fee on shipping costs for the simple reason most sellers here are sensible and honest and only charge what is absolutely necessary to cover the actual cost of shipping (postal service prices) and some sellers do not even bother to add the cost of packaging materials and only charge the actual postal service stamp cost. Plus eBid, with their principals, they know it is wrong and unfair to charge a fee on shipping costs because it will penalise all the honest sellers and make them lose money on shipping costs which is what is happening on eBay now because the honest sellers who only charge the actual shipping cost including packaging materials are now being penalised and are losing money on shipping costs so their only option is to increase the price of their items to cover losses on shipping or include full shipping costs in the price increase of the item, which is clever for FeeBay, because it increases what FeeBay earns in FVF's and pushes some items into a higher percentage bracket for FVF's so the honest seller is penalised even further.

eBay have made listings part of shop subscriptions now as well. For £19.99 per month you get 200 listings (no listing fee) but you still have to stomach the 10% fvf across most items which on some items I sell, the profit margin is like £1.80 or less, so I'd still sell everything at a loss on FeeBay so it is still not worth me being on FeeBay for "free" listings that cost £20.00 per month plus 10% fvf's and paypal fees. I'm not going to work for a loss. Selling at a loss on FeeBay would make it hard for me to grow the online side of my business, but I cannot grow the online side of my business on eBid anyway due to lack of shoppers coming here because there's no advertising. The vast majority of online shoppers do not go to google or other external search engines to search for items, they go directly to eBay/Amazon/ or other high street chain shop website and do a direct internal search so they never get to see items listed on eBid.

Anyways, as always over on FeeBay the genuine, honest sellers are penalised for the actions of a minority of poor sellers while the executives/shareholders/investors get an increase in their revenue at the expense of eliminating other peoples profit margins to line the fat cat pocket...
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 25th March 2014 at 12:05 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

With all the changes happening over on ebay at the moment, especially after the latest Business Seller Update, more and more sellers are feeling hard done by and I for one have made a conscious decision to 'not' buy on ebay.

I have recently started making ebid my first point of call if I need anything, and although the selection of items is much less, for basic stuff like office stationary, if I find it at a good price on ebid, then I will buy it on ebid. What ebay has forgotten is that their sellers are buyers too.

My theory is that the more we buy on ebid, the more sellers will list, the more buyers/sellers will come to ebid.

All the best

Anne

Post in wanted

Hi! I`ve just joined, moved from eBay selling after 5 years, there is no value left for me to sell smallish value items on thier site. eBay seem to want only large stores selling high value items. I believe they starting charging 10% on postage due to Chinese listings (as detailed by Rokins_Toys) abusing the system but I think they have shot themselves in the foot by this. Maybe they want to drive small value items to Gumtree, (which I believe they own) and other auction sites they are buying up. Thier 35p basic listing fee is a joke for smaller value items.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid - the friendlier site.
    Read the post's here, and Astral's info page, for tips on getting started.
    It's quite different to The Dark Side (thank goodness)

You need to list as much as you can, as soon as you can, and then we can all have a look at your items.
    It would be a good idea to do that, and then ask here for a critique of your listings. You will be surprised at the help you will get.
    Regards

Forum Newbie
    All-About KustomDesign
    View KustomDesign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: Ebid don't take a percentage from your shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by tripledragon View Post
    With all the changes happening over on ebay at the moment, especially after the latest Business Seller Update, more and more sellers are feeling hard done by and I for one have made a conscious decision to 'not' buy on ebay.

I have recently started making ebid my first point of call if I need anything, and although the selection of items is much less, for basic stuff like office stationary, if I find it at a good price on ebid, then I will buy it on ebid. What ebay has forgotten is that their sellers are buyers too.

My theory is that the more we buy on ebid, the more sellers will list, the more buyers/sellers will come to ebid.

All the best

Anne
    could not agree more anne...why we are on here now ;-).
    the latestebay rules coming in on august is just plain stupid - defects for anything just about....why we opened our web site ( abit in a hurry ) and also sell on the river ...and now just started here.....this will take a wee bit of getting to know first lol...like everything else...even these forums look and sound a much calmer place to talk, without getting this n that shoved down yer throat :-(

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KustomDesign View Post
    could not agree more anne...why we are on here now ;-).
    the latestebay rules coming in on august is just plain stupid - defects for anything just about....why we opened our web site ( abit in a hurry ) and also sell on the river ...and now just started here.....this will take a wee bit of getting to know first lol...like everything else...even these forums look and sound a much calmer place to talk, without getting this n that shoved down yer throat :-(
    Welcome to the friendly site.

The big difference between these forums and TOS is that members will try and help you with a problem, after all, if you have a problem then a solution can be posted that will help other members.
    I gave up on TOS completely earlier this yeart and immediately saved at least £80 a month by not having 4 shops on there. 5 stores for free here!
    Study how this site works, particularly getting your listings for free on Google Shopping.

Good luck to you and all other migrants from TOS.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

This is all music to my ears,please join our quest to get more sellers to come to Ebid ,spread the word to put ebid on the map so more buyers are aware of its existance,Ann i know you're with us already,for the ones who dont yet follow us,please do . www.facebook.com/goodbyeebayhelloebid and www.twitter.com/hadenoughofebay. see you there,please share our vision,more sellers=more buyers=more sales. xxx

Thread Information