Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What is the Advantage of a Store (2)

Forum Newbie
    View aidata's Feedback (+114)
    All-About aidata
    View aidata's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What is the Advantage of a Store (2)

What is the Advantage of a Store (2)

Please bear with me, I am no sales or computer wizard, but I don’t see the need for a Store, to me it is a waste of time, and effort, when I could be listing items.
    Q. I came on here some time back, and compared to feepay this site looks stuck in time,quite tired and dated.

My view. Take feepay for example. I’m on the lookout for say, a particular book, which I find at the right price.
    1. The book is perfect.
    2. The postage is OK
    3. The Feedback is excellent
    4. Check out the sellers listed items for sale, if the seller has only a few listed items and a low/high number of feedbacks I move on. (*Other items for Sale) *This info is displayed along his/her description
    5. Try another seller, who has high number of feedbacks and has say, 40 plus items for sale. To me,this would suggest to me the seller is serious.
    6. My point is I found what I’m looking for, and I do a deal, now, not wishing to sound contrite, why would I be interested in all the other items this seller has listed?
    7. What I’m trying to get across is that people are so impatient especially on the net, why not revamp the front page whereby viewers can go straight to the sellers other items and check the seller’s about me biography.
    8. eBid has to look more exciting. The number of on line auctions are increasing and the competition for your business is a serious business.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What is the Advantage of a Store (2)

Quote Originally Posted by aidata View Post

Please bear with me, I am no sales or computer wizard, but I don’t see the need for a Store, to me it is a waste of time, and effort, when I could be listing items.
    Q. I came on here some time back, and compared to feepay this site looks stuck in time,quite tired and dated.

My view. Take feepay for example. I’m on the lookout for say, a particular book, which I find at the right price.
    1. The book is perfect.
    2. The postage is OK
    4. Check out the sellers listed items for sale, if the seller has only a few listed items and a low/high number of feedbacks I move on. (*Other items for Sale) *This info is displayed along his/her description
    5. Try another seller, who has high number of feedbacks and has say, 40 plus items for sale. To me,this would suggest to me the seller is serious.
    6. My point is I found what I’m looking for, and I do a deal, now, not wishing to sound contrite, why would I be interested in all the other items this seller has listed?
    7. What I’m trying to get across is that people are so impatient especially on the net, why not revamp the front page whereby viewers can go straight to the sellers other items and check the seller’s about me biography.
    8. eBid has to look more exciting. The number of on line auctions are increasing and the competition for your business is a serious business.
    Im seller+ and allowed 5 free stores, I have in recent months opened up 3 stores not sure if it has made any difference to sales i was selling ok before i had any stores. I suppose i would need to ask all my buyers if opening 3 stores is easier for them.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I see things, you lose nothing by opening a store or five. Your items can be found in a normal search regardless of whether or not you have stores. A plus is that buyers can see what else you have on sale once they find one item they like just by looking at you store(s).
    I find that it takes no extra time when listing to include an item in a store. The only extra time is the initial setting up of the store(s).

Quote Originally Posted by aidata View Post

1. The book is perfect.
    2. The postage is OK
    As Tony has said you lose nothing by having a store and the only time taken up is the initial set up.

I can guarantee sales will be lost if you don't have a store. You may not be interested in the other items a seller has but a good percentage of buyers will nevertheless take a look and additional sales will be made.

Your book example would apply for a percentage of buyers and that is fine. However I can state with certainty that most often the item that brings people to my store is not the one that sells - but they will go and purchase one or more others. As you say buyers are impatient and that is exactly why I have a store - to make navigation for them that bit easier, to provide a clearer identity of the seller for them, to enable them to be able to watch my store.

Your points about the eBid layout - yes, it could be better. But overall I would say that it is the seller and product that makes the sale, not a glitzy site layout. One of the big annoyances of other sites is that they keep changing everything consistently and relentlessly - there is a lot to be said for stability. Ultimately, as you say buyers are often impatient - they go for the product, and the seller who has made it easy for them to purchase gets the sale.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not everyone will know exactly what they want to buy, that's where a list of categorised stores will help a buyer.

It's a browsing facility for shoppers, no cost here, so why not use them?.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information