Thread: eBid App (Android) problem accepting terms of use

Forum Newbie
    Shilbottle, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    View gazlanna's Feedback (+802)
    All-About gazlanna
    View gazlanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid App (Android) problem accepting terms of use

I just installed the eBid app via the play store onto a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet running Android.

Initially I had to virtually take a pneumatic road drill to the install button to get it to trigger, then after install and choosing my country, it told me to accept the terms before I could use the App. I couldn't see an acceptance tick box or otherwise, so I opened the terms link, and no acceptance button or tick box there either.

So I used the back link to return to the "continue or log in" page - still nothing indicating terms were accepted or not.

Tried both the continue button and the login button - each of those kicked up (three times each) a popup to accept the terms.

The result is I think I'll have to uninstall this because it's broken and I'm really not happy about the access terms allowing it to use my phone contacts, microphone, camera, and to modify my contacts including deleting them.

Yes, I did check - I did install the official eBid app - even followed Gazza's link in the forums, which then told me I'd installed the app.

Very disappointed this didn't work out of the box.

Gaz
    Back on eBid after a long sojourn ... will take me a while to get fully up and running again.

Stores -
    http://under-my-stairs.ebid.net/ my general clearance store

Forum Newbie
    All-About gazlanna
    View gazlanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid App (Android) problem accepting terms of use

OK so I got it running by cancelling right out of the automatic register of login pages - all the way back to the installed apps list and then re-entering.

GUI problem - even on the 7 inch tablet, the login screen fonts and text are tiny and not zoomable. The username and password fields have no labels to show what they are - they are so narrow they look like decor lines, not text entry fields.

BUG - trying to logout, the app returns the following error -
    Alert
    js error occurs, line - 331 msg - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "page" of undefined.

That error appears with an OK button that drops you back into the app, and the app cannot be exited or loggedout or closed - full power down of the tablet seems to be the only way out of the app and back to the normal home page of the tablet.

Back on eBid after a long sojourn ... will take me a while to get fully up and running again.

Stores -

Forum Newbie
    All-About gazlanna
    View gazlanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

confirmed - once the eBid app has been opened, the only way to close it is to reboot the tablet

I have uninstalled the app

Major fail in my opinion
    Last edited by gazlanna; 29th March 2014 at 04:17 PM.

Stores -

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

If this is in fact the app error. This is a disaster!

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlanna View Post
    I just installed the eBid app via the play store onto a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet running Android.

Initially I had to virtually take a pneumatic road drill to the install button to get it to trigger, then after install and choosing my country, it told me to accept the terms before I could use the App. I couldn't see an acceptance tick box or otherwise, so I opened the terms link, and no acceptance button or tick box there either.

So I used the back link to return to the "continue or log in" page - still nothing indicating terms were accepted or not.

Tried both the continue button and the login button - each of those kicked up (three times each) a popup to accept the terms.

The result is I think I'll have to uninstall this because it's broken and I'm really not happy about the access terms allowing it to use my phone contacts, microphone, camera, and to modify my contacts including deleting them.

Yes, I did check - I did install the official eBid app - even followed Gazza's link in the forums, which then told me I'd installed the app.

Very disappointed this didn't work out of the box.

Gaz

Interesting, I have i samsung galaxy 2

The install button worked like all the rest of the apps i used and as this is the same code used for all apps it really has nothing to do with the ebid app itself so thats why i think somethings up with your tablet.

The same can be said for the check box and for exiting the app, I do get a tick box for ebid terms of use so that works fine for me.

It would probably help ebid if you posted an image/s of any errors such as the missing text box and the android version you are using so it can be confirmed if there is a problem with new versions of android which should not happen as the code has to be backwards compatible.
    Last edited by Brunwulf; 30th March 2014 at 03:25 PM.
    More wine please ...

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brunwulf View Post
    Interesting, I have i samsung galaxy 2

The install button worked like all the rest of the apps i used and as this is the same code used for all apps it really has nothing to do with the ebid app itself so thats why i think somethings up with your tablet.

The same can be said for the check box and for exiting the app, I do get a tick box for ebid terms of use so that works fine for me.

It would probably help ebid if you posted a images of any errors such as the missing text box and the android version you are using so it can be confirmed if there is a problem with new versions of android which is unlikely as the code has to be backwards compatible.
    I'm not the one having the issue but great that you responded. Hopefully the OP will see this.
    Me, I don't use the app. I've always had the full site on my phone. Other than having to enlarge the screen I've never had an issue.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I'm not the one having the issue but great that you responded. Hopefully the OP will see this.
    Me, I don't use the app. I've always had the full site on my phone. Other than having to enlarge the screen I've never had an issue.

Oops meant to quote gazlanna , sorry adruml

Have edited now.
    More wine please ...

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brunwulf View Post
    Oops meant to quote gazlanna , sorry adruml

Have edited now.
    No worries, big shoulders!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

First report we've had of this. Anyone else having the same problem? Are there settings within the hardware device itself that may increase/decrease default font sizes in apps?
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I too have had the same problem. I installed on a Samsung galaxy S3 and there is no way to exit the app other than to go into application manager and force close or reboot the phone. This makes the app completely useless for me. I also installed on a Samsung note 2 and the same problem exists there too it is impossible to exit the app without a force close or reboot.
    Sorry ebid unless this is sorted the app is a no go for me

Thread Information