Thread: 100 Sellers Wanted

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 100 Sellers Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn142 View Post

More buyers would be welcome to if we all told 10 people about how great ebid is just think all those lovely buyers hence my new campaign aimed at buyers come on buyers were are you i only had 12 sells today would like more say 1000 sells a day go on get the word out ebid is great and we want your business today and many sells to all
    I'm pretty sure everybody has been boasting how great eBid is for the last...How many years?

Ain't happening, eBid needs to step up to the plate!

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've taken to heart three pieces of advice/comments posted on here recently:

1.Madelaine lists lots and sells lots, and can correlate sales to number of listings.
    2. Deano asserts that stuff "in stock" but not listed is a waste of an opportunity.
    3. Juliebabe is trying to suggest ways to increase traffic.

I have decided to list absolutely everything I can, as soon as I can. My goal is to double the number of listings, and I am slowly getting there.

My sales have increased a little, but oddly not with the things I have just started to list. I don't know what that means or proves, I'm just glad it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I've taken to heart three pieces of advice/comments posted on here recently:

1.Madelaine lists lots and sells lots, and can correlate sales to number of listings.
    2. Deano asserts that stuff "in stock" but not listed is a waste of an opportunity.
    3. Juliebabe is trying to suggest ways to increase traffic.

I have decided to list absolutely everything I can, as soon as I can. My goal is to double the number of listings, and I am slowly getting there.

My sales have increased a little, but oddly not with the things I have just started to list. I don't know what that means or proves, I'm just glad it happens.

That consistently happens. As with all shopping a buyer will often go into a store because of a certain product which has attracted their attention, but often they end up buying something completely different. A new listing has new keywords so the potential audience is increased - whilst the new listing may not quite be suitable it has opened the door to your shop and all your other items.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes you are right, ebid needs a lot more variety, it has enough books, postcards and stamps.

(l love books)
    I see that you are back again with another attack on stamp and postcard sellers. Now you have added sellers of books to your list of sellers out of favour with you.
    Who the hell are you to decide what eBid needs and what other sellers should list?
    I find your constant attacks on some sellers extremely galling. If you know what listings eBid needs why don't you list something yourself?
    You sell nothing, you buy nothing but continually others who do list items.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I see that you are back again with another attack on stamp and postcard sellers. Now you have added sellers of books to your list of sellers out of favour with you.
    Who the hell are you to decide what eBid needs and what other sellers should list?
    I find your constant attacks on some sellers extremely galling. If you know what listings eBid needs why don't you list something yourself?
    You sell nothing, you buy nothing but continually others who do list items.
    Hardly an attack just facts.

Current UK listings are 3,202,495

Stamps 443,113
    Postcards 216,720
    Books, Comics, magazines 604,504

Just under 40% of listings here are Stamps, Postcards, Books/Comics/Magazines. So 3 out of 32 Main categories (I know Postcards are not a main category) that leaves 60% of the listings in 29 categories.
    That is just over 2% of eBids listings in 29 categories.
    Actuality after postcards the collectible category has 242,535 listings so eBid has 1,695,633 listings in the remaining 29 categories.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Books, Postcards and stamps. I'm pretty sure those listings are what built eBid to where it is today. I will agree with Julie however, eBid does need more variety. How can you possibly disagree with that?

Makes me Laugh Julie only as 3 listings and a feedback score of 39 i have nearly 2000 items listed and get sells everyday shes not in the UK either do you sell books on ebid i personally cant give the things away and put them all in the charity shop i work for for 10p each as really not moving I personally want more buyers loads in fact but Juliebabe25does have a lot too say for herself bless

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love books
    And my Dad collects stamps.
    When have I ever attacked collectable sellers?
    All I am saying is that ebid needs many more listings of other categories to attract more buyers.
    There is not much point in my listings much stuff on ebid as the shipping cost to the USA and UK from NZ is so high
    And I have just about 100 percent feedback.

I'll get back on to my series soon as the latest huge listings drop shows the current status quo is not working.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes you are right, ebid needs a lot more variety, it has enough books, postcards and stamps.

(l love books)
    So this is not an attack? Maybe not but it is negative and untrue!

Books... ebid 586450 the dark side has over 11 million non-fiction alone

Postcards - ebid 252,000 (approx) - the other place - over 2 million

stamps ebid 451395 - the other place has 381000 from GB alone

Many specific and likely searches in those areas yield little or nothing.

A search on postcards from the town I live in gives 3 postcard views

For yours it is just 1!

You sell little or nothing - you buy nothing - you just criticise!

I've listed 10 postcards and a few stamps today. Is that not a better contribution?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Julie, I've lost count of the number of times you've written posts putting down those of us who buy and or list collectibles like stamps and postcards for sale. I'll repeat myself, your posts on the subject feel like insults and put downs to me. Judging by what other forum members have written to you on this subject, I am not the only one who feels that way. You write your negative put downs on thread after thread. I really wonder what it is that you hope to achieve with this.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well it sounds like the popular thing to do is the same as has been done since eBid started.
    A site needs a variety of items. I believe this is what Julie has stated. If folks feel that is negative then I have no idea how to respond.
    I don't understand why folks always bring ebay into a thread. eBid is not ebay why keep comparing?
    If you want to sell "collectibles" then sell them. If you have the ability to list thousands of items (no matter) what they are, then go ahead and list them.
    If you have only one item to list then list it!
    Why folks keep knocking sellers because they only have a few items is one of the biggest turn offs here, so please knock it off.
    If you're a lifetime seller you paid to list here. One item or thousands you have paid.
    Someone brought in by a Google keyword search does in fact help other sellers so I'm all for listing more items with different keywords. Only problem here is when the folks come here, they don't find what they are looking for! We don't have it! That is where the variety comes in handy.

Time to get off the pedestals and realize what this site should/could be.

Thread Information